In today’s blog, we are going to know about the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences Kumaun University Bhimtal Campus. You’ll get to know about the courses it provides, the admission process, and much more. To know about it in detail, read the full article.
About – Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences Kumaun University Bhimtal Campus
|Ranked in Pharmacy||22 nd|
|Campus Size||1 Acre|
- The Department of Pharmaceutical Science is currently situated in Bhimtal [a town in Nainital district] in the state of Uttarakhand.
- It is situated at an altitude of 1370 meters above sea level which has now turned into a mini district
A vision of the University –
- To open avenues for brilliant youth of the nascent Uttarakhand state by establishing a ‘center of excellence providing equality education to produce professionals with strong ethical values.
- To produce such individuals imparting actual information and advice on prescribing medicine and
management of the disease.
The mission of the University –
- To provide health to all the members of the community/society, by encouraging quality education in the infield of disease management through pharmaceutical care.
Now let’s know about the courses and their eligibility…
Courses and Eligibility-
- This university runs a B.Pharm course since 1998.
- Students must pass their class 12 from Uttarakhand Board or any other recognized board in India.
University runs an M.Pharm course since 2008. This course includes four core branches:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
In order to pursue M.Pharm, students should have a degree in B.Pharm from an institution approved by
Pharmacy Council of India. They should score at least 55% marks [aggregate of 4 years of B.Pharm].
Admission Process [B.Pharm] –
- Aspirants are acknowledged through the counseling as per their order of merit in the qualifying exam [B. Pharm] or as decided by Kumaun University from time to time.
Ph.D. [Pharmacy] –
- University has started M.Pharm course in all the four core branches – M.Pharm [Pharmacology], M.Pharm
[Pharmaceutics], M.Pharm [Pharmacognosy], M.Pharm [Pharmaceutical Chemistry].
- Students must have a Post Graduate degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Kumaun University or any
other university in India.
Admission Process [Ph.D.] –
- Intellectuals for the doctorate program in Pharmacy will be admitted as per provisions of the university.
Let’s know about the facilities……
University has a girl’s hostel which obviously provides great hostel accommodation for the students.
University has a boy’s hostel which obviously provides great hostel accommodation for the students.
- The rooms are well-furnished.
- Cable TV and telephone are available.
- Internet connectivity is provided.
Other facilities are:
- Sports complex
- Wi-Fi campus
- Gardens and greenery
- Extracurricular activity
About the Training and Placements –
- The department boasts of a strong alumni network named KUDOPSAA working in tandem for the upliftment of the people associated with the alma mater.
- Personality development activities have been conducted with experts from Hero Mind Mine,
Master Talent Edu services, Genesis Biotech, etc. have interacted with the students.
- Department has its own training and placement cell to guide the students with career-related queries
and provide a platform for the companies to tap the well-groomed intellect of the department.
- The department is also visited by people from the industry to give an insight into the complexity of the
drug business world.