MBBS admission in India till the year 2015 was a rigorous process with complications, creating confusion and chaos among the aspirants and parents.
- However, things have changed from 2016. There is only one entrance exam known as NEET. Instead of so many entrance exams those were existing before 2016.
A Single Window MBBS Admission Guidance
The following paragraphs will help the MBBS admission aspirants and MBBS graduates to know information; about medical colleges, number of seats and courses.
- The information will help you take informed decision while taking admission in the medical college of your choice.
Medical Colleges in India
There are 462 Medical Colleges in India..
- Located in important cities and towns.
- We are updating medical colleges on regular basis.
- Every year some of the colleges get de-recognition and re-recognition status.
- Plus new colleges start functioning.
- Please keep abreast with the latest updates.
Entrance Examination –
Number of students appearing for Entrance Examinations;for securing a seat in college to study MBBS are 600, 000 per year.
- Government of India conducts a common Entrance Examination known as NEET; the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for eligible students of India.
Medical Admission Abroad –
Medical Admission in Abroad colleges starts from July to December every year.
- Aspirants have a good choice of countries to go.
- The admission procedures, how-to-apply and visa formalities along with other important information is your need.
- After completing your degree abroad, the foreign returned doctors need to write FMGE – Screening Test.
- After qualifying this test the foreign returned doctor can register with MCI; once registration is complete you can practice in India and have the choice to take up post graduate courses.
There are 22911 PG seats available in medical colleges of India.
- Courses with specializations are Diploma, MD, MS, DM & MCh.
- Now that you are an MBBS graduate, next step is in the direction of PG admissions and related information.
- We have little updates for you.
New Medical Colleges –
Every year New Medical Collegesare set up in India in your home state or in your city.
- To improve the doctor to patient ratio, the government of India is always trying its best to set up new medical colleges to produce more quality doctors who can look after the health needs of the patients.
- As soon as any new college is coming up, we will update.
- Don’t miss the opportunity to see the updated list.
Deemed Medical Colleges –
Deemed Medical Collegesare autonomous institutions having deemed status as per University Grants Commissions Act 1956.
- We will update information of these special status colleges with latest developments.
- The candidates who get the opportunity to do medical courses in these deemed universities; enjoy the benefits of the excellent infrastructure of the deemed status education institutions.
State Medical Colleges –
Every State of India have a number of State Medical Colleges for the eligible students of that state.
- We update this category with the hope that the information is relevant to you.
Government Medical Colleges –
The Government Medical Colleges in India are as old as a century; producing doctors who are taking health care of our population.
- We are certain that this would be of interesting in knowing about these government institutions.
Private Medical Colleges –
Nearly 50% medical colleges in India are Private Medical Colleges
- The management of the institutions is under private trusts.
- We update this category to guide you to know about admission procedure & related information.
There are 66961 UG / PG Seatsavailable in all medical colleges and institutions in India.
- There are permit-status seats as well as MCI recognition-status seats. 63835 MBBS seats.
- The information about the available seats in the medical college you are planning to join is important to you.
Medical Admission –
Medical Admission in MBBS, Diploma, MD, MS, DM & MCh Courses takes places based on Entrances Examinations.
- Sure, you would find this would be of interest to know the admission procedures; and eligibility for exploring the possibilities of taking admission in the medical institution.
Medical Council of India is a regulatory body under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- MCI regulates all medical colleges of India.
- Having some basic knowledge about MCI and the MCI news is of vital importance to you.
The most sought after educational course in India is MBBS.
- The number of seats available for admission in colleges in India is 52715.
- Every year, more than 6,00,000 students of India nurse ambition and compete to secure a seat in MBBS.
There are important and without category medical topics other than mbbs admission.
- Such articles are under this category.
- Here we try to update information that is not under any particular category.
A Chaos of Too Many Entrance Exams
The reason for such a confusion state of affairs is the number of different entrance examinations for each state medical colleges, government-funded colleges, self-financed private institutions and autonomous special status (deemed colleges) institutions.
- Candidates were traveling the length and breadth of the country to write entrance exams.
- However, from the year 2016, things are simple and the government took a step beneficial to all eligible students of India.
- From now, there is only one entrance examination – NEET, the National-Eligibility-cum-Entrance-Test.
Bring Parity for State Board Exams – It is also expected that central and state health ministers along with the health secretaries would strive to bring parity to students who take State Board Exams.
NEET Norms For Regional Languages – Norms to meet for a state to become eligible to be allowed to write entrance in regional language are;
- The state must have conducted medical entrance exam in regional language since last 3 years.
- Also that the vernacular language must compulsorily have medical terms lexicon.
NEET in 8 Languages
For the academic year 2017-18, the NEET is to be held in 8 languages of English, Hindi, Bengali, Assamese, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, and Gujarati.
- However, many wished if NEET is held also in Urdu, Malayalam, Odia, Kannada and some other languages.
- The protest came up in Odisha for not conducting NEET in Odia.
- Kannada not included because it could not meet the norms.
- Hope these languages are added from the year 2018-19.
Single Centralized Counseling – From the year 2017, speculations are in the air, that only one centralized counseling will take place, thus allotting seats for mbbs admission; to the meritorious NEET qualifying candidates.
Management-Quota is Dead – Long Live NRI-Quota
In the year 2016-17 academic session, the management quota was killed. However, there are some special-quota-educational-consultants who believe that MBBS admission under management quota is still alive.
- Nevertheless, NRI-Quota continues with a condition that the NRI sponsored candidates must qualify NEET, in order to become eligible, hence to take mbbs admission in medical courses of MBBS, PG Degree, and PG Diploma.
FOR MEDICAL ADMISSION & CAREER COUNSELLING
ABOUT MEDICAL PARK GROUP
Medical park Consulting Group provides valuable information to medical students who want to build their career in medical science. Medical park is the leading MBBS consultants in India. Medical park is specialized in direct admission in various MBBS/BDS colleges through management or NRI quota.
We are dedicated to the cause of providing personalized counseling to students at all stage of studying in India or abroad. Every student has individual requirement, we value that and put our best effort to serve your need.
Our Offices Locations : We are based In PUNE / NAGPUR / INDORE / NOIDA & BANGALORE.
Note :We are receiving a lot of queries regarding medical & dental admission. If we couldn’t answer your call you are requested to mail your detailed requirement in the above given e-mail id.