JEE Advanced 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, IIT Syllabus
JEE Advanced 2018 will be organized for admission to the undergraduate courses leading to a UG, Integrated PG or UG-PG Dual Degree. These courses will be offered in the field of Engineering, Architecture, Sciences or Pharmaceutics. JEE Advanced 2018 is a national level entrance exam managed by the seven zonal Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) on rotation basis. Through this exam, candidates will get admission into IITs & ISM. This IIT JEE exam is the second state of JEE Main (Joint Entrance Examination). In this article, we have mentioned the complete information about JEE Advanced 2018.
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Dates
Here, we are providing tentative schedule of JEE Advanced exam dates 2018. Check important dates below:
|Online Registration Starts||4th week of April 2018|
|Online Registration Closes||1st week of May 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||2nd week of May 2018|
|JEE Advanced (Paper 1 & Paper 2)||3rd week of May 2018 (9 to 12 PM & 2 to 5 PM)|
|Online display of ORS and scanned responses||Last week of May 2018|
|Answer Key Released||1st week of June 2018|
|Receiving feedback from candidates on answer keys||1st week of June 2018|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of June 2018|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Online Registration Date||2nd week of June 2018|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Exam Date||2nd week of June 2018|
|AAT Result Declaration Date||3rd week of June 2018|
|Seat Allotment Starts||3rd week of June 2018|
JEE Advanced Registration 2018
IIT JEE application form information is given below:
- Candidates can register for JEE Advanced 2018 through online mode only.
- JEE Advanced 2018 Registration will be started from the 4th week of April 2018.
- Candidates will fill & submit the application form till the 1st week of May 2018.
- No other mode will be entertained to get the JEE Advanced application form.
- During registration, candidates have to upload their scanned images in a given format.
- Keep the printout of the JEE Advanced Application Form 2018 for future use.
Candidates can pay the registration fee through online (debit card & net banking) or offline (SBI Challan) mode. The fee is neither refundable nor transferable. The fee details are given below:
|Examination Centres in India|
|Female candidates||Rs. 1200|
|ST/SC/PwD candidates||Rs. 1200|
|All other candidates||Rs. 2400|
|Late Fee||Rs. 500|
|Exam Centres Outside India|
|All candidates||USD 135 (SAARC Countries)|
|All candidates||USD 270 (Non-SAARC Countries)|
|Late Fee||USD 80|
Get Latest Admission Updates About JEE Advanced Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
Before register for the examination, candidates must check their eligibility criteria first. If candidates will not satisfy the given eligibility criteria, their registration will be cancelled.
- Indian Citizen of India can apply for this exam.
- PIO/OCI candidates can also apply.
JEE Main 2018:
- For JEE Advanced 2018, India nationals (including OCI/PIO) have to appear JEE Main 2018.
Performance in JEE Main 2018:
- Candidates should be among the top 2, 20,000 (including all categories) by securing positive marks in Paper 1 of JEE Main 2018.
- Age Limit: Candidates should be born on or after 1st October 1992.
- Relaxation: There is five year relaxation for SC/ST/PwD categories. These candidates must be born on or after 1st October 1987.
Number of Attempts:
- Candidates must appear for JEE Advanced exam (IIT JEE Exam) a maximum of two times in a consecutive years.
- Candidates, those appeared in JEE Advanced 2017 for the first time, they are also eligible.
Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent):
- Candidates should appear for the 10+2 or equivalent examination for the first time in either year 2017 or 2018.
- Candidates, those 10+2 or equivalent examination result for the year 2015-2016 were announced after June 2016, they are also eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2018.
Earlier Admission at IITs:
- Candidates should not been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not they continued in the programme) or accepted the IIT seat by reporting at the reporting centre in the past. Candidates, those admission at IITs was cancelled, they are also not eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Candidates who are admitted to a preparatory programme in any of the IITs for the first time in 2017, they can apply for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Candidates, those have paid the seat acceptance fee but not accepted the seat are eligible to appear in the JEE Advanced 2018.
Performance in 10+2 or Equivalent Examination:
- Candidates have to score minimum 75% aggregate marks (65% in case of SC/ST/PwD category) in 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Candidates must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of qualified candidates in their particular 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Candidates, those appeared in 10+2 (or equivalent) examination in 2017 but reappeared in 2018, the best of two performances will be considered.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is given here:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held through online mode (computer based test).
- No. of Papers: The exam will be comprised of two papers (Paper 1 & 2).
- Attempts: Candidates have to attempt both the papers.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English & Hindi Language.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain objective type questions (multiple choice and numerical answer type).
- Subjects: The question paper of both the paper will consist of the three separate sections which include Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2018
AAT (Architecture Aptitude Test) exam will be conducted for the candidates who want to get admission to the B.Arch course. Candidates have to appear for the AAT examination. Candidates, those qualified the JEE Advanced 2018 exam only they are eligible to apply for this test. To apply for this exam, candidates have to register themselves through online mode. The exam duration of AAT exam will be three hours. Candidates, those secure marks above than the cut-off marks will be considered as qualifies for the exam. No separate rank list will be made for AAT.
JEE Advanced Syllabus
The syllabus of JEE Advanced 2018 will consist of three subjects such as Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. Candidates, those want to apply for architecture programme offered by the IITs, they have appear in AAT (Architecture Aptitude Test) exam. The syllabus of AAT exam will comprised of some extra syllabus. The syllabus is mentioned here:
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
- Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Analytical Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Freehand drawing
- Geometrical Drawing
- Three-dimensional perception
- Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity
- Architectural awareness
How to prepare for IIT JEE
For IIT JEE Entrance Exam, preparation is necessary to pass the examination. Below, we are providing some tips & tricks to crack the JEE Advanced exam:
- Manage your time to give equal importance to each subject & topics.
- Know the complete exam structure & syllabus.
- Choose correct study material & books for exam preparation.
- Make notes for the topics you have studied.
- Solve last year question papers, mock tests & sample papers.
- To achieve your goals, stay fit & healthy.
- Eat nutritious food & fruits and sleep well.
JEE Advanced Admit Card 2018
Candidates will be able to get the IIT JEE admit card 2018 through online mode from the website. The admit card will be available from the 2nd week of May 2018. It is necessary to bring the admit card in the examination hall. Without an admit card, candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. The admit card contain candidates & exam details such as name of the candidate, roll no., category, gender, date & time of exam, venue of the examination center. Candidates have to bring the admit card along with one of the original photo ID proof.
ORS & Answer Keys
The conducting authority will release the answer key & Optical Response sheet (ORS) through online mode. The authority will announce the ORS and scanned responses in the Last week of May 2018. The JEE Advanced answer key will be published in the 1st week of June 2018.
JEE Advanced Result
JEE Advanced 2018 Result will be declared in the 2nd week of June 2018 through online mode. Candidates will view their result in our website whenever it announced. After the announcement of the IIT Advance result, successful candidates will check their category wise All India Rank (AIR). There is no other mode to send the result & rank card. Holding a rank in JEE Advanced does not confirm your admission to IITs or ISM.
JEE Advanced Rank List
On the basis of the marks secure by the candidates in the examination, the rank list will be prepared. Candidates, those appeared in both JEE Advanced papers will be considered for ranking. In case, the aggregate marks of two or more candidates will same, then the highest rank will be given to the candidate who secures more marks in Mathematics subject. If this process does not work, then the highest ranking will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of Physics marks. If again, the process fails then the same rank will be given to the candidate. JEE Advanced Cut-Off 2018 will also released by the exam conducting authority.
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is the main authority which organizes a centralized counselling for admission into IITs, NITs, ISM & other Govt. Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs). Candidates, those qualified the JEE Advanced exam have to sit in the JoSAA seat allocation process for the seat distributions. The counselling schedule will be published by the JoSSA separately.