Erode Medical College is a reputed government medical college in Tamil Nadu. The established year of the college is 1992 and affiliated with The Tamilnadu DR. MGR Medical University, Chennai.
DME Tamil Nadu is the MBBS counselling conducting body of the college. The total MBBS intake capacity of the medical college is 100 seats every year. MBBS is a popular course in the medical college.
The college has been approved by National Medical Commission.
This article informs you of the information on Erode Medical College courses, fee structure, cut-off, admission, eligibility, ranking, facilities, and more.
- 1 Key Highlights of Erode Medical College
- 2 Courses Offered
- 3 Admission Procedure
- 4 Cutoff
- 5 Reputation and Ranking of Erode Medical College
- 6 Facilities of Government Erode Medical College & Hospital, Perundurai
- 7 MBBS Syllabus in Government Erode Medical College & Hospital, Perundurai
- 8 The Bottom Line
- 9 Contact Information
Key Highlights of Erode Medical College
|Name of College||Government Erode Medical College & Hospital, Perundurai|
|Location||Perundurai, Tamil Nadu|
|Popular Name||IRT Perundurai Medical College|
|Category||Government Medical College in Tamil Nadu|
|Entrance Required||NEET UG, NEET PG, NEET SS|
|Approval||National Medical Commission|
|MBBS Intake Capacity||100|
|Affiliated University||The Tamilnadu DR. MGR Medical University, Chennai|
|MBBS Counselling Conducting Authority||DME Tamil Nadu|
Affiliation, Approval & Ranking
- Affiliated With The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai
- Approved By: National Medical Commission
MCI Status & Recognition
Recognized for 60 seats. Permitted for renewal of permission for increase of seats from 60 to 100 u/s 10(A) for 2020-21.
Erode Medical College’s fee structure for various UG Courses is a major question for the candidates who are thinking to select this medical college in Tamil Nadu for medical science courses.
Therefore, we are going to add the details of Erode Medical College courses and the fee structure of the UG Course. MBBS is a single course in the college. No MD, MS, or PG Courses are offered by this medical college.
UG Course & Intake Capacity
PG Course & Intake Capacity
- The admission process to Erode Medical College is online.
- Firstly, the candidate is required to fill the associated entrance test with the course.
- Appear in the entrance examination and qualify for exam
- Participate in the counselling round
- Once your name came in the merit list as per cut off and merit list then submit your documents and fee.
Eligibility, Entrance & Academic Qualification
The admission process is online for the candidates to get admission in the MBBS Course of Erode Medical College. However, admission eligibility, entrance, and academic qualification requirements are different for the candidates.
MBBS is the one and only course of the college and NEET-UG is a required entrance to clear to get admission in the course.
|Courses||Entrance Name||Academic Qualification|
Class 10+2 With Science Stream
50% Marks for General Category in 10+2
45% Marks for OBC Category in 10+2
40% Marks for SC Category in 10+2
MD, MS & PG Diploma Courses
MBBS from a Recognized University from MCI
50% Marks in MBBS
Documents Required For PSG Medical College MBBS Admission
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Eight passport size photographs
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- NEET Application Form
MBBS Internship Stages to Know in PSG Medical College
- The Directorate of Medical Education DME, Tamil Nadu is an official body that conducts Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling every year on the basis of NEET Marks. Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS Counselling conduct for the admission in 8,000 MBBS and 2,873 BDS Seats.
- Candidates who want to participate in Tamil Nadu NEET UG Counselling, are required to qualify NEET Exam according to the percentile, rank, and marks scored in the NEET Exam.
- Tamil Nadu NEET UG Exam Counselling conducts through the online mode. DME is responsible for counselling Tamil Nadu MBBS with 85% seats under state quota and 100% seats in self-financing colleges in Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates who have names on Tamil Nadu NEET Meir List will be called by the authority.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling Criteria
|Seat distribution||Counselling authority||Name of counselling|
|Seats under 15% All India Quota||MCC||NEET 2021 counselling|
|Seats in central/deemed universities||MCC||NEET counselling by MCC|
|Seats under 85% state quota||DME, Tamil Nadu||MBBS counselling 2021|
|All seats in private colleges||DME, Tamil Nadu||NEET counselling|
Seat Category of MBBS Counselling
|Category||Type of College|
|A||All seats in government medical colleges, Rajah Muthiah Medical College, Government Erode Medical College & Hospital, and ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR.|
|B||Seats under government quota in self-financing medical colleges|
|C||Seats in government dental colleges|
|D||Seats in Rajah Muthiah Dental College and government quota seats in self-financing dental colleges|
|E||Management/NRI quota seats in self-financing medical colleges.|
|F||Minority seats in self-financing medical/dental colleges.|
|G||Management/NRI seats in self-financing dental colleges.|
|H||Seats in Christian Medical College, Vellore|
Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling Procedure
Click on the registration link and add the details asked in the application form. Add your name and NEET exam details. Candidates are required to pay the Tamil Nadu Counselling Fee which is 500 government medical colleges and 1000 for self-financing colleges in the favor of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10”.
2). Tamil Nadu NEET Merit List
Wait for the Tamil Nadu Merit List. If your name came on the list, then download the call letter from the official site. Tamil Nadu NEET Merit List is prepared on the basis of NEET exam marks and rank.
3). Choice Filling & Submission
On the other hand, the next step is choice filling and submission. You have to fill in the name of colleges in the preference list. Fill in your choice and lock your choice.
4). Seat Allotment
Check the round 1 and round 2 counselling results and proceed for the step of seat allotment. If your name came in the first round of Tamil Nadu Counselling or the second round then submit your documents and fee at the college.
5). Reporting to College
If you are satisfied with the allotted college name from the first round and second round counselling result of Tamil Nadu then report to the college with a fee.
Erode Medical College MBBS Cutoff category wise is mentioned here. Thus, if you want to clear your to doubt about the medical college cut-off, then you need to check the different rounds cutoff and closing rank of the medical college.
IRT Perundurai Medical College Cutoff
|Category||Round||2019 Cutoff by rank||2020 Cutoff by rank|
MBBS UG Cut Off 2021
Round 1, 2 & MopUp
|Category||ROUND 1||ROUND 2||MOPUP|
NEET PG Cut Off 2021
Round 1, 2 & MopUp
MS General Surgery
6270 - 6626(UR)
7479 - 8003(UR) 8882 - 8882(OBC) 49073 - 49073(ST)
13350 - 13350 (SC)
Reputation and Ranking of Erode Medical College
Government Erode Medical College & Hospital, Perundurai reputation, and ranking of education quality and infrastructure is a major aspect for the candidates that they need to know. Therefore, if you are thinking to know more details, then review the above table to get more information. Placement opportunities are comprehensive in the medical college for the students.
Facilities of Government Erode Medical College & Hospital, Perundurai
Government Erode Medical College & Hospital, Perundurai facilities are mentioned in the above section. Thus, if you are thinking to know more about the facilities of the medical college then review this table to know more details about the medical college.
MBBS Syllabus in Government Erode Medical College & Hospital, Perundurai
Government Erode Medical College & Hospital, Perundurai MBBS Syllabus is an important aspect for the candidates that they need to know. We mention every single detail of the medical college and syllabus including these stages which we mentioned in the above table.
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Clinical postings inwards
- OPDs to begin here
- Community Medicine
- Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)
- Obst. Gynae
- Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology, E.N.T. Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics)
The Bottom Line
Hence, it’s all about the information that you need to know about Government Erode Medical College & Hospital, Perundurai Courses, Fee, Eligibility, Admission Process, and Counselling Details. It is one of the topmost government medical colleges in Tamil Nadu and is known for being the best medical education and training center.