Receive latest news and updates about Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Agricultural University Parbhani through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
Founded in 1972, Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Agricultural University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the the urban setting of the small city of Parbhani (population range of 250,000-499,999 inhabitants), Maharashtra. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Agricultural University (MKV) is a coeducational higher education institution. Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Agricultural University (MKV) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment. MKV also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, housing, sport facilities and/or activities, as well as administrative services.
Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Agricultural University is an agricultural university at Parbhani in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It was established on May 18, 1972. The objectives of the university are education in agriculture and allied sciences, research based on regional needs and facilitate technology transfer, etc. It is the only agricultural university in India where all the branches of Agricultural Sciences are taught. It is named after former Chief Minister of Maharashtra Vasantrao Naik.
Funded and regulated by the ICAR, Government of India.
The foundation of agricultural research in Parbhani was laid by the erstwhile Nizam State with commencement of the Main Experimental Farm in 1918. Though during Nizam’s rule agricultural education was available only at Hyderabad but crop research centres for sorghum, cotton, fruits existed in the region. After independence, the first college of Agriculture was established in Parbhani in 1956 by Hyderabad State government just before State reorganization. Lastly on 18 May 1972, university was established.
The following colleges are affiliated to the Marathwada Agricultural University:
- College of Agriculture, Parbhani (established in 1956)
- College of Food Technology, Parbhani (established in 1976)
- College of Home Science, Parbhani (established in 1976)
- College of Horticulture, Parbhani (established in 1984)
- College of Agricultural Engineering, Parbhani (established in 1986)
- College of Agriculture, Latur (established in 1987)
- College of Agriculture & Bio-Technology, Latur (established in 2006)
- College of Agriculture Business Management, Chakur, Latur (established in 2009)
- College of Agriculture, Osmanabad (established in 2000)
- College of Agriculture, Ambajogai (establishment in 2000)
- College of Agriculture, Badnapur (established in 2000)
- Aditya college of agriculture Engineering and Technology
- S.D.M.V.M’s College Of Food Technology, Gevrai Tanda,Paithan Road,Aurangabad(Established 2014)