University of Technology and Management Shillong
Established in 2011, University of Technology and Management is a private higher education institution located in the the urban setting of the small city of Shillong (population range of 250,000-499,999 inhabitants), Meghalaya. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, University of Technology and Management (UTM) is a coeducational higher education institution. University of Technology and Management (UTM) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as doctorate degrees in several areas of study. UTM also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, as well as administrative services.
|Motto||Discover New Opportunities. Discover Yourself.|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. S. J. Chopra|
Dr. Mukesh Saxena (Pro-VC)
|Location||Shillong, Meghalaya, India|
Laureate International Universities
The University of Technology and Management is a state private university established in 2010 by the UGC Act of 2010, in accordance with Section 2(f) of the UGC Act of 1956.The university is located in Shillong, the state capital of Meghalaya, within the union of India. It is the first Indian university to introduce cloud computing engineering as a field of study, in collaboration with IBM and the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies.
Vision and Mission
University of Technology and Management aims to be a premier international institute with “State of the art facilities” and provide world-class education, training, research, and consultancy and outreach services in the areas of Technology, Applied Sciences, Media, Communication, Retail & Fashion, Design, Travel & Leisure and related sectors. By offering high-quality professional education to the youth of Meghalaya, UTM intends to play a constructive role in grooming the future of the youth in Shillong so that they can pursue successful careers both in India and abroad.
- To create top quality human resource in order to enhance the productivity in Technology, Applied Sciences, Media, Communication, Retail & Fashion, Design and Travel & Tourism sectors.
- To design, develop and deliver cutting-edge education and training programs for professionals in the related industries.
- To take a leadership role in promoting the growth of Technology, Applied Sciences, Media, Communication, Retail & Fashion, Design and Travel & Tourism sectors through specific education and outreach activities.
- To provide support for research, cons
- ultancy and development activities in all technical and managerial aspects of the above mentioned sectors