Receive latest news and updates about R.G.I.P.T UNIVERSITY Raebareli through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
Established in 2007, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the the urban setting of the large town of Raebareli (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), Uttar Pradesh. Officially accredited/recognized by the Department of Higher Education of the Ministry of Human Resources Development, India, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) is a very small (enrollment range: 250-499 students) coeducational higher education institution. Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. RGIPT also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, as well as administrative services.
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), in Jais, Raebareli, Uttar Pradesh, India, is a training and education institute that gives technical and management training to the petroleum industry and was formally opened on July 2008.
The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MOP&NG), Government of India founded the institute through an Act of Parliament (“Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Act 2007″). The Institute is empowered to award degrees in its own right. RGIPT is co-promoted as an energy domain specific institute by six leading Oil Public Sector Units (ONGC, IOCL, OIL, GAIL, BPCL and HPCL) in association with the Oil Industry Development Board (OIDB) and with an academic mentorship from IIT Kanpur. The Institute is associating with leading International Universities/Institutions specializing in the domain of Petroleum Technology.
It has been accorded the Institute of National Importance status and a governance structure similar to that available to IITs. It admits undergraduate students from the rank list of students who have qualified JEE (Advanced) Examination.
- Besides main center at Jais, Raebareli, the RGIPT also have campuses at NOIDA in Uttar Pradesh.
- It had a secondary/complimentary campus at Ratapura Chowk which also permanently houses the Feroze Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology on Lucknow-Allahabad Highway in Raebareli, Uttar Pradesh.
- On 15 October 2016, the institute moved to the permanent campus at Jais.
- Sivasagar in Assam which is under construction. In consonance with the charter of RGIPT, the primary objective of the Assam Center of RGIPT is envisaged to offer programmes of education and training of skilled technical manpower at the diploma and advance diploma levels including B.Sc – M.Sc integrated courses in various areas in the domain of the petroleum sector as per requirements of the oil, gas and petrochemical industry.
- In July 2013, Karnataka government agreed to offer 200 acres of land to set up the Bangalore centre which is going to be the Asia’s first centre on fire and safety for oil and gas sector.
- The institute admits undergraduate students from the rank list of qualified students in the prestigious IIT JEE Advanced Examination and post-graduate through GATE.
- For MBA, institute admits candidates from qualification in either of the three examinations, CAT or XAT or GMAT.
Opening and closing ranks in each category
Opening and closing ranks for each category in JEE Advanced 2016:
- RGIPT offers courses in engineering, pure sciences, management and humanities with a focus on petroleum engineering. The programs and courses offered at RGIPT are changing as the school evolving into a full-fledged petroleum engineering university.
- Admission to the courses of B.Tech is done from candidates appearing for JEE Advanced Examination. Admission to the M.Tech courses are done either through the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). Admissions to the MBA program is done through the Common Admission Test (CAT).
- Admission to the M.Sc.Tech. and PhD courses are done through examinations conducted by the institute.
|Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)||Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering.|
|Master of Technology (M.Tech)||Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering.|
|Master of Business Administration||MBA in Petroleum & Energy management.|
|B.Sc-M.Sc Integrated Course||Chemical and Petroleum. (To be started in Sivasagar capmus)|
|PhD||All engineering disciplines, interdisciplinary areas, science disciplines and the humanities.|
RGIPT has the following departments:
- Department of Petroleum Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Geology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of English
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Instrumentation Engineering
- Department of Fire Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
RGIPT has academic collaboration with the many universities in India and abroad. Some of the major universities which have a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and share research projects with RGIPT are as follows:
- Texas A&M University, USA
- Kun Shan University, Taiwan
- Chonnam National University, South Korea
- Lund University, Sweden
- Cheng Shiu University, Taiwan
- Louisiana State University, USA
- National Yunlin University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- University of Houston, USA
- Indian Institute of Petroleum, Dehradun
- Faculty of Management Studies, New Delhi
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Bombay
Integrated Aerospace Development Program
RGIPT has collaborated with some pioneer institutes for advancements in aviation/aerospace and Rocket Fuels/Petroleum Technology.
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur through an MOU has decided to be the mentor of the program.
- Fundamentally, the Aerospace program is by IET Raebareli from APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University.
- Currently, the program is running in complete collaboration with Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi.
- MNNIT Allahabad and Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad are providing academic assistance.
- In future, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore is said to be in full-fledged resource (academic and managerial) collaboration with FGIET/ IET Raebareli.
Admission process depends on several factors including aptitude, intellect, personality and learning of the student. The selected students are a group who have qualified at-least one of the required admission tests like JEE-Mains/Advanced, WBJEE, SEE-AKTU and even SATs. The students have been provided residential services in-campus at Ratapur, Raebareli. The educational program will require for transition in between college departments/campuses on an annual even-semester basis.
- The institute started functioning from a leased land from Feroze Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology at Rae Bareli as academic center and ITI Township as Residential center for almost 9 years. On 15 October 2016, the institute was moved to its 125-acre newly constructed permanent campus at Jais, Uttar Pradesh
- The new campus is a state-of-the-art campus with air conditioned classrooms having projectors, high definition televisions, computers for the faculty, video conferencing equipment and internet connectivity of 10 Gbit/s in the entire campus through Wi-Fi.
During the campus inauguration speech of Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Shri Dharmendra Pradhan said: “The present central government has come up with many schemes for improving the standard of education in the country and it was our priority to start the RGIPT at the earliest. I assure that the government and private petroleum companies will come here for placements and the youths of Amethi will get accolades in the near future.”
The institute witnessed participation of multitude of companies across varied domains. Students of B.Tech., M.Tech. and MBA outgoing 2016 batch successfully got opportunities across diversified profiles and various functions in the organizational setup. Some of the prominent brands that came for final placements in the past and present were:
- Bharat Petroleum
- Indian Oil Corporation
- Hindustan Petroleum
- Oil India Limited
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Bharat Oman Refinery Limited
- American International Group
- Engineers India Limited
- UOP LLC
- Cairn India
- Essar Oil
- Shell Business Operations
- ADANI GAS Ltd.
- Petronet LNG
- Haldia Petrochemicals
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech
- Tech Mahindra
- Global Data
- Globus Spirits
- Avanti Learning Center
Many students from the institute go further with higher education in the international universities. The institute recommends the meritorious s
tudents to these universities and also helps them in representing India at international conferences across the world.