Receive latest news and updates about R. UNIVERSITY of Health Sciences Jaipur through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
Established in 2006, Rajasthan University of Health Sciences is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the the urban setting of the large city of Jaipur (population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants), Rajasthan. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, Rajasthan University of Health Sciences (RUHS) is a coeducational higher education institution. Rajasthan University of Health Sciences (RUHS) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees in several areas of study. RUHS also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, as well as administrative services.
Rajasthan University of Health Sciences is a State university located in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. It was established on 25 February 2005 under The Rajasthan University of Health Sciences Act, 2005 (Act No. 1 of 2005) and started functioning on January 2006.
Dr. P. P. S. Mathur, Senior Professor, Neurosurgery and Medical Superintendent, Sawai Man Singh Hospital, Jaipur served as the first Vice-Chancellor of the university. He was succeeded by Dr. Ashok Panagariya.
The university runs the following undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- Medical courses: postgraduate education in medical studies, MBBS, Diploma courses.
- Dental courses: MDS, BDS.
- Nursing courses: M.Sc., B.Sc. Nursing, Post basic B.Sc. nursing
- Paramedical science courses
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy courses, B.A.S.L.P.(Bachelor in Audiology & Speech Language Pathology)
- Pharmacy courses: D. Pharm, B. Pharm and M.Pharm.
The following are affiliated to the university: eight medical colleges, ten undergraduate dental colleges (BDS), four postgraduate dental colleges (MDS), 43 B.Sc. Nursing Colleges, two M.Sc. Nursing Colleges, six Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Colleges, 41 Pharmacy colleges (B. Pharmacy), 27 Pharmacy (D. Pharma), 30 Bachelor of Physiotherapy Colleges (BPT), two Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) colleges and four M.Pharma colleges, with Bachelor of Occupational Therapy College (BOT), B.SC. Radiation Technology College, Post Basic Diploma In Oncology Nursing College, B.SC. (HONS.) Ophtmalmic Technology College and Baslp College
- SMS Medical College, Jaipur
- Rabindranath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur
- Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner
- Dr. S.N. Medical College, Jodhpur
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer
- Government Medical College, Kota
- Jhalawar Medical College, Jhalawar
- Mahatama Gandhi National Institute of Medical Sciences, Jaipur
- RUHS College Of Medical Sciences, Jaipur
- G.D Memorial College of Pharmacy, Jodhpur
Post-basic B.Sc. nursing colleges
- Government College of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing(Jaipur)
- Annapurana Medical Training Institute (College of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing)
- govt. medical college jodpur
- Government College of Nursing (Jaipur)
- Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital & Research Centre, Jaipur
- Government college of nursing mbgh, Udaipur
- Institute of Medical Technology and Nursing Education seetaura Jaipur