I WANT A CALL FROM THIS INSTITUTE
Founded in 1969, Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth (Mahatma Phule Agricultural University) is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the the rural setting of the medium-sized town of Rahuri (population range of 10,000-49,999 inhabitants), Maharashtra. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth (MPKV) is a coeducational higher education institution. Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth (MPKV) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. MPKV also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, sport facilities and/or activities, study abroad and exchange programs, as well as administrative services.
The Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth (MPKV), Rahuri is the premier Agricultural University in Maharashtra that renders services to the farmers through Education, Research and Extension Education. In pursuance of the Maharashtra Agricultural University (Krishi Vidyapeeth) Act 1967, initially, the Maharashtra Agricultural University (Krishi Vidyapeeth) was established for the entire Maharashtra State and started functioning in March, 1968 with its office at Mumbai. The office was shifted to College of Agriculture, Pune in 1969. Later on in 1972, four agricultural universities were established in Maharashtra. Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri is one of them established in 1969 for the western Maharashtra having jurisdiction spread over 10 districts viz. Jalgaon, Nandurbar, Dhule, Nashik, Ahmednagar,Pune, Solapur, Satara, Sangli and Kolhapur. The University is named after the great social reformer “Mahatma Jyotiba Phule”.
● To provide education in agriculture and allied sciences.
● To have further advancement of learning and research in agriculture and allied sciences.
● To integrate and coordinate the teaching of the subjects in the different faculties of the university.
● To coordinate the education, research and extension education activities for augmentation of agricultural production.
● To provide integrated agricultural education activities at all levels for maximum effectiveness and at a minimum cost.
● To undertake and guide extension education programmes.
Sustainable growth of agriculture by interfacing education, research and extension education initiatives complemented with efficient and effective institutional, infrastructural support that will create a proper fit between humanity and its habitat.
To harness science to ensure comprehensive and sustained physical, economic and environmental access to food and livelihood security through generation, assessment, refinement and adoption of appropriate technologies.
● MPKV-Recipient of “Institution of Excellence Award (2008)” by Govt. of India – A Special grants of Rs. 100 crore.
● MPKV be stowed with the “Sardar Patel Best Institution Award” by the ICAR, New Delhi for excellence in the field of Education, Research and Extension Education.
● Born as per the Maharashtra Agricultural University (Krishi Vidyapeeth) Act 1967, in the year 1968 with its head quarter at Rahuri, Dist. Ahmednagar (M.S.).
● The H. E. Governor of Maharashtra state is the Chancellor of the University, The Minister of Agriculture, Maharashtra state is the Pro-Chancellor, while, Vice-Chancellor is the Head of the University.
● The highest policy making body is the Executive Council. The Hon. Vice-Chancellor,MPKV is the Chairman of this Council. The Council constitutes of nominated peoples representatives, eminent members from Agriculture and Development Departments,Scientists, representative of ICAR and progressive farmers.
● The University is assisted by Academic Council, Agricultural Research Council,Extension Education Council, Council for Co-ordination and Review of Seed Production and Agricultural Development Programme.
● The jurisdiction of MPKV consists of 10 districts of Western and North Maharashtra viz., Jalgaon, Dhule, Nandurbar, Nashik, Ahmednagar, Pune, Solapur, Sangli, Satara and Kolhapur comprising of 5 Agro-climatic Zones.
● The irrigated area under MPKV jurisdiction is 12 lakh hectares which accounts to almost 50% area of the State. Nearly 80% of drought prone area in the State is under the jurisdiction of University.
● MPKV consists of 27 research stations in 5 agro-climatic zones including 4 State level Crop Specialists, 4 Zonal Agricultural Research Stations and 17 Strategic and Verification Research Centres to conduct research.
● Three constituent Agriculture Colleges at Pune, Dhule and Kolhapur; 1 Horticulture College at Pune and 1 Agricultural Engineering College at Rahuri. 40 affiliated Colleges in the jurisdiction of MPKV. A new constituent Agriculture College is sanctioned by the Govt. of Maharashtra for Nandurbar district.
● MPKV offers Post Graduate education at Central Campus, Rahuri and College of Agriculture, Pune, Kolhapur and Dhule; Ph.D. programme at Rahuri; M. Tech. (Agril. Engg.) at Rahuri with high quality faculty and modern laboratories. Special infrastructure facilities for international students.
● Faculty of Lower Agricultural Education offers Diploma courses in Agriculture through 9 constituent and 85 affiliated Agricultural Schools under MPKV.
● Sixteen KVKs in the jurisdiction of MPKV. Four Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) under MPKV including 1 at College of Agriculture, Dhule and 3 additional sanctioned KVKs established at Mamurabad (Jalgaon), Borgaon (Satara) and Mohol (Solapur). 12 KVKs are under NGOs in the jurisdiction of MPKV for transfer of technology.
College Of Agriculture Pune, College of Agriculture Dhule, College of Agriculture Kolhapur, College of Agriculture Karad College of Agriculture Nandurbar, Post Graduate Institute MPKV Rahuri, Dr. A. S. College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology, Rahuri, College of Agriculture Muktainagar, Punyashlok Ahilyadevi Holkar College of Agriculture,Halgaon.
Apart from this many colleges are affiliated to this university.
MPKV offers Post Graduate education at Central Campus, Rahuri and College of Agriculture, Pune, Kolhapur and Dhule; Ph.D. programme at Rahuri; M. Tech. (Agril. Engg.) at Rahuri with high quality faculty and modern laboratories.
Special infrastructure facilities for international students.
Faculty of Lower Agricultural Education offers Diploma courses in Agriculture through 9 constituent and 85 affiliated Agricultural Schools under MPKV.
State Level Biotechnology Center
State Level Biotechnology Center has been established at main campus of Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth,Rahuri. Centre started M. Sc. degree programme in the subject of Agricultural Biotechnology with the intake capacity of 8 students for M.Sc (Agril. Biotechnology).