Founded in 2003, Karnataka State Women’s University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the the rural setting of the large city of Bijapur (population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants), Karnataka. This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Toravi. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, Karnataka State Women’s University (KSWU) is a large (enrollment range: 20,000-24,999 students) women only higher education institution. Karnataka State Women’s University (KSWU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. This 14 years old H.E. institution has a selective admission policy based on students’ past academic record and grades. The admission rate range is 40-50% making this Indian higher education organization a averagely selective institution. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment. KSWU also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, sport facilities and/or activities, financial aids and/or scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, as well as administrative services.
Karnataka State Women’s University, established in 2003 in the city of Vijayapur is the only Women’s University in Karnataka dedicated exclusively for women’s education. It is recognized under 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act. 137 colleges spread in 13 districts of North-Karnataka are affiliated to this University. The University offers various UG programmes leading to Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Business Administration, Computer Applications, Commerce, Education, Fashion Technology, Home Science, Physical Education, Science and Social Work. It also offers 28 P G Courses, P G Diploma and Certificate Courses in the Faculties of Arts, Commerce and Management, Social Sciences, Science and Technology and Education.
It is recognized under DEC for Distance Education across India and abroad. The university is dedicated to promote excellence through academic achievement, research, creativity, innovation, interaction and collaboration, personality development and leadership qualities.
Empowerment of women through education
• To provide quality education and impart professional and vocational skills to enable women to be self reliant and meet the challenges of the changing socio-economic needs
• To promote personality development and leadership qualities with a balanced outlook towards society
• To help women enrich their knowledge and reap the benefits of knowledge power
• To ensure holistic education treasuring cultural heritage, core values of personal integrity, professional skills, awareness about the socio-economic, scientific and cultural developments at all levels in order to enable women lead personally and professionally fulfilling lives
• To equip women with necessary qualities to play an equal role in decision making in matters of importance to herself, family and society
• To promote advanced research in science social sciences, arts and humanities’ especially on topics of regional importance
• To contribute towards socio-economic transformation of women in need through formal and non-formal education and training, out reach programs and facilitate strengthening of mass education and primary education programmes.
• To Bridge gender gaps
• Help communities and women from rural and backward areas join main stream
• To enable and motivate communities and women to play an effective and constructive role in the society at all levels.