Receive latest news and updates about J.N.A.F.A. UNIVERSITY Hyderabad through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
Founded in 2008, Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the the urban setting of the metropolis of Hyderabad (population range of over 5,000,000 inhabitants), Telangana. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNTU SPA) is a coeducational higher education institution. Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNTU SPA) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees in several areas of study. JNTU SPA also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, as well as administrative services.
The “Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University” (“JNAFAU”), is an architecture and fine arts university located at Masab Tank, Hyderabad, Telangana, India. JNAFAU has two schools which offer several undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD research programs, with an emphasis of two different colleges: School Of Planning & Architecture, and Fine Arts. It was established by the erstwhile Hyderabad State in 1940, as the “College of Fine Arts”.
It offers courses such as Architecture,Facilities and Services Planning,Interior Designing,Planning, etc. in School of planning and Architecture.
In Fine arts building, painting, Applied Arts, Photography, Animation, Sculpture, etc, are offered.
The University has its roots in College of Fine Arts, which started as a ‘School of Arts and Crafts’ to promote arts and local crafts, the College has gradually grown in stature as the “Government College of Arts and Architecture” under the management of the Department of Technical Education, Government of Telangana, Hyderabad.
With the establishment of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University in Oct. 1972, the College merged with the university and became a Constituent College of the JNT University. The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University has been bifurcated and divided into four different universities, such as JNTU Anantapur, JNTU Kakinada, JNTU Hyderabad, & JNAFAU, Hyderabad established under A.P. Legislature Act No.31 of 2008 as per the above act, the JNTU College of Fine Arts, has become one of the Constituent College of newly firmed Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture & Fine Arts University, Masab Tank, Hyderabad w.e.f. 2008-09.
Following educational institutions are affiliated the JNAFAU:
- C.S.I. Institute of Technology, Secunderabad
- S.A.R. College of Architecture, Agiripally
- Sri Venkateshwara College of Architecture, Hyderabad
- Masterji College of Architecture,Hyderabad
- Vaishnavi School of Architecture and Planning, Hyderabad
- Masterji College of Architecture, vijayawada
- Deccan School of Planning & Architecture, Hyderabad
- Varaha College of Architecture & Planning, Visakhapatnam
- School of Architecture & Planning, Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Advanced Studies (JNIAS), Secunderabad.
- J.B.R. Architecture College, Hyderabad
- Lumbini School of Architecture & Town Planning, Anantharam
- proposed School of Planning and Architecture, (SPA Telangana)