Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kalyani
The Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) is set up at Kalyani, Nadia District by Government of India (MHRD), Government of West Bengal and Industry Partners on a Not-for-profit Public Private Partnership (N-PPP) basis. The IIIT, Kalyani is funded in the ratio of 50:35:15 respectively by the above three parties. Additionally, the Government of West Bengal has lent support to the Institute by granting 50 acres of land for setting up the Campus. The Industry Partners of IIIT Kalyani are Coal India Ltd and Rolta Foundation.
The Institute will be run by the Board of Governors of IIIT, Kalyani Society. The members of the Board include the representatives of Government of India, Government of West Bengal, Industry Partners and eminent people from academia, industry and civil society.
The working of the Board will be monitored by the State Steering Committee (SSC) in which the representatives of Government of West Bengal, Industry Partners and eminent people from industry nominated by major Industry Associations will be the members.
The major objective in establishing IIIT, Kalyani is to set up a model of education which can produce best-in-class human resources in IT and harnessing the multidimensional facets of IT in various domains. The Institute will evolve into a world-class academic institution with the highest quality of education and research facilities which will create industry ready IT graduates to feed the demand of the industry. The Institute will act as the catalyst in fostering an innovative entrepreneur-focused ecosystem to ensure that new products, solutions and IP are created in the State taking advantage of the intellectual capital of the State.
The Institute is beginning its classes from the Academic Year 2014-15 at the campus of JIS College of Engineering, Kalyani, Nadia.
The IIIT, Kalyani is stepping towards its attainment of objectives and has begun its classes from July-August 2014.
Under-Graduate Programmes -Year 2016-17
- B.Tech in Information Technology
- B. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
The admissions to Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Kalyani is done through Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB). Please click the link for CSAB website www.csab.nic.in.
The list of Participating Institutes in the CSAB 2015 is given in their website. The IIIT, Kalyani (Code: IKL) is given under the list of Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITS, IIITM & IIITDM). All the interested candidates are requested to follow the admissions criteria explained on the CSAB website.
Seat allocation for different categories of students will be as per CSAB norms. The institute has no role in seat allocation process.
Fee Structure for Academic Year 2015-16:
Tuition Fee: Rs. 45,000.00/- per semester
Registration / Admission Fee (once only) : Rs. 500.00/-
Students Activities and other Fees : Rs. 500.00/-
Infrastructural Maintenance Fee : Rs. 500.00/-
Examination Fee : Rs. 500.00/-
Caution deposit (refundable once only) : Rs. 2,000.00/-
Total amount payable at the time of admission Rs. 49,000.00/-
The annual income of the beneficiary or the parent/ guardian of the beneficiary shall not exceed Rs. 1.2 lakhs per annum from all sources.
The selection of students will be done based on the rank of the students in the JEE(Main) Examination. IIIT Kalyani has Education Loan Tie up Arrangement with the State Bank of India, Industrial Growth Centre Branch, Kalyani.
Why IIIT, Kalyani
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Government of India, Government of West Bengal and Industry Partners, viz; Coal India Limited, Rolta Foundation and JSW Steel Limited for setting up of Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT), Kalyani under Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode.
Under the guidance of the Mentor Director Professor Ajoy Kumar Ray, Director of Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology, Shibpur and number of industry representatives, the Institute aims to excel in education and research in Information Technology and allied areas.
- The Institute has designed a 4-year B. Tech programme in IT which will be unique in the sense that the programme will provide a solid foundation in fundamentals of computer science and technology, along with the skill set required for solving complex problems, faced by the industry in 21st Century.
- The students of IIIT, Kalyani will get an opportunity to study in-depth a number of applications of IT in industries, business, and service sector which will help them in the job market.
- With the NASSCOM Head of Eastern Region, FICCI & CII associated with this IIIT, the Institute will try to provide internship to the students in the major industries of the country. The Industry Partners are from Coal India Limited, Rolta Foundation & JSW Steel Limited. The IIIT, Kalyani looks forward to receive enormous support and help from the major industries of India.
- The 4-year B. Tech will provide ample scope to the students in getting internship so that they can work directly on industry related problems in the area of information technology.
- The Institute is located temporarily inside the JIS Engineering College campus at Kalyani. However, the Government of West Bengal has allotted 50 acres of prime land in the Kalyani Township for setting up the Institute.
- The Institute will try to arrange accommodation for the outstation students to the maximum possible extent. However, accommodation is not guaranteed for all the students.
- The Institute will be backed by a blend of experienced retired senior Professors of Universities and young dynamic faculty members coming out of national institutes of India. IIIT will provide excellent educational opportunity to the students.
- Locational Advantage IIIT Kalyani is located at an hour drive from the bustling metro-city, Kolkata, which is also hub of immense IT activities with presence of IT Companies such as Wipro, TCS, Cognizant, IBM, Capegemini. It is a calm, peaceful and productive place to study and student-friendly atmosphere all around.
- Strong Industry Interface IIIT Kalyani has a strong, active and growing interface with business and industry, with experts from a range of leading companies and thought leaders of IT Industry delivering regular guest lectures and serving as members of various advisory boards.
- Projects Students are encouraged to take up projects on contemporary topics as a part of their independent study. Arrangements will be made for practical training on live projects in conjunction with leading companies in the industry.
- Interaction with Business Leaders Students will have the opportunity to interact with leading management thinkers, corporate leaders and entrepreneurs, and other high profile personalities from govt. organisations and NGOs at various forums organised by IIIT Kalyani.
- Computing Facilities IIIT Kalyani provides the latest hardware and software infrastructure including high-speed internet connection to cater to all the computing needs of the students and the training requirements of the information technology courses.
IIIT, Kalyani will not only create industry ready IT Graduates to feed the demand of the industry, but it will also act as a catalyst in fostering an innovative entrepreneur-focused ecosystem to ensure that new products, solutions and IP are created in the State taking advantage of the intellectual capital of the State.
Receive latest news and updates about IIIT UNIVERSITY Kalyani through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
Mr. Sambhunath Datta
Indian Institute of
Information Technology (IIIT)
c/o JIS College of Engineering
Block A, Phase III,
Dist. Nadia – 741235, West Bengal