Himgiri ZEE University Dehradun
Himgiri Zee University has been established to meet the growing demand for trained human resources in various social, educational, scientific, technical and professional organizations so as to channel human energy towards sustainable economic and social development.
In order to make a positive difference to education and employment, Shri Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Essel Group of Industries and Zee Telefilms had brought together in 1995 a group of committed anthropologists, sociologists, economists and development communications professionals to set up TALEEM Research Foundation in Ahmedabad. One of the mandates of Taleem Research Foundation was to set up the Himgiri Zee University.
Based on the motto `Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ (World as Family), Himgiri Zee University has been established for the vocationalisation of higher education which is national in character and transnational in jurisdiction. The University is characterized by its resolve not to discriminate on grounds of caste, creed, residence, community, gender and religion. HZU has been established under Act No. 17 of 2003 of the State Legislative Assembly, Government of Uttaranchal (Act 2003, Uttaranchal Adhiniyam Sankhya 17 of 2003) and has since become operational.
The University offers programmes in both the regular and the distance learning modes and envisages the use of modern technologies for this purpose.
TALEEM Research Foundation was set up as an initiative from The Essel Group of Industries to channelise part of its creative and financial resources to address some issues of national concern like over population, environment preservation and equitable distribution of resources such as education, health services and income generating skills.
Registered in 1996 as a literary, scientific and charitable society and trust, ‘TALEEM’, meaning education and training, is also an acronym forTransnational Alternate Learning for Emancipation and Empowerment through Multimedia.
Registered under (the) Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 for Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies vide registration No.GUJ/5539/Ahmedabad dated 17-5-1996
Registered under (the) Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 vide registration
No. F/5390/Ahmedabad dated 17-5-1996
A recognized Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
It was in 1995 that TALEEM was conceived by Shri Subhash Chandra, a visionary who has brought India on the world media scene. Since then all efforts were made to start a private university. The same came into existence in 2005 known as Himgiri ZEE University (Formerly Himgiri Nabh Vishwavidyalaya) located at Dehradun. Social Science, Health and Media research continue to be the main thrust of our research. A small band of committed professionals have been involved in research of a high quality and have earned a good name in the field of Social Science and Health Communication research.
The last three years have seen a great deal of activity relating to the Himgiri ZEE University (Formerly Himgiri Nabh Vishwavidyalaya) Dehradun.
Vision & Mission
The vision of HZU is to be a world class University and to be a harbinger for vocationalisation of higher education through the conventional as well as through the open and distance learning modes in order to meet the future demands for trained human power in the country.
HZU will provide educational opportunities to all segments of society, without discrimination of any kind. In addition to regular face-to-face education, HZU will, through the use of modern technologies of communications, bring education to the doorsteps of all those who did not have access to higher education earlier or were denied such an access.
HZU will strive to work for the following objectives:
- To reduce the gap between the demand and supply for skilled human power in the country;
- To provide alternative vocational options for pursuing higher education;
- To develop, design and teach innovative, flexible, professional and technical programmes so as to provide the best possible education of the highest academic standards;
- To create and generate opportunities of education at the learner’s doorstep in order to suit the individual’s pace and choice;
- To offer vocational education to enhance individual employability and create new employment opportunities;
- To develop and improve technology-mediated learning methods;
- To enhance the reach of higher education within India as well as abroad;
- To determine standards of teaching, evaluation and research for all the programmes;
- To induct students by guiding them to choose professional education of their choice;
- To adopt innovative methods of teaching by involvement of service industry as a field area for practical exposure of classroom learning.
The University offers programmes leading to degrees, which are conventional as well as application-oriented. They are launched with a view to fulfilling the student’s needs for:
- Improvement of skills
- Acquisition of professional qualifications
- Continuing education and professional development at work-place
- Diversification and up-dating of knowledge
Programmes offered:The University offers degree, diploma, and certificate programmes at the undergraduate, post-graduate and Ph.D. levels.
The Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry provides an atmosphere not only for healthy academic activities but also for all-round growth and development of student’s personality. The Faculty has followed the system of education that provides a great deal of openness, transparency, flexibility and possibility for growth through the involvement of the students at each step of knowledge building process.
The Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning enables students to have diverse exposure and provides for inter-disciplinary interaction among students and faculty. The Faculty aims at the overall development of excellence, working with the ideals of practical training and personalized relationships, to create a model faculty of unmatched quality that will carve a niche for itself, both nationally and internationally through its academic endeavors.
The Department of Social work offers a MastersDegree in Social Work to students who wish to make a change. This course is crafted to mould a student to become a social worker. Social work is both a profession and social science. It involves the application of social theory and research methods to study and improve the lives of people, groups, and societies. The students are trained to plan and execute an extensive range of social services, social welfare activities, and work in commercial and industrial establishments, and training institutions
The Faculty of Expressive Cultures, Media and Communication is one of the leading faculties at the Himgiri Zee University. The programmes offered by this faculty are conceived as the flagship programmes of the University. These programs are based on the new and inclusive modules of the study of Expressive Cultures, Media and Communication as a whole rather than the traditional and exclusive models of Mass Communication and Journalism alone. A degree in Mass Communication from Himgiri Zee University will provide the ideal opportunity to gain a hands-on experience of Communication and Media.
The Faculty of Hotel Management is committed to offer quality education training in India and abroad to those aspiring to be the future managers in the hospitality industry. Candidates opting for career in the hospitality sector have to go through a rigorous training programme to be able to sustain the ever growing demands of this industry. Its multi-disciplinary programme focuses on critical analysis of management styles and strategic thinking required to succeed in hospitality industry.
Receive latest news and updates about Himgiri ZEE UNIVERSITY Dehradun through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
The Library has state – of the – art information systems and provides access to an extensive range of database, together with traditional printed material. The library is stocked with more than 30,000 books, 4000 titles and a number of journals and reports that cover all subjects. Although the primary mission of the library is to support the curricular and research needs of the students, the library also provides material and reference assistance for the faculty.
Transportation facilities for the students are available. We run a fleet of buses to help students and staff members commute to and fro from regions around the city. The bus service is available over a 35 km radius around the city. In view of safety issues on the highways, parents are urged to convince their wards to avail the services of University buses only. The facility is available at a charge of INR 20000 or USD 550 per year.
The University has made the provision of separate hostels for boys and girls, with an intake capacity of more then 350 students. Single and triple occupancy rooms are available. The students are provided with basic amenities like a cot, table, chairs, and a cupboard in their respective rooms. There is also 24 hours security with armed guards and laundry facility within the campus.
The HZU cafeteria is designed to create a comfortable environment where you can discuss ideas while you enjoy a good meal. The larger mess hall is equipped to serve lunch and dinner for all students. We also serve variety of snacks along with North and South Indian dishes at affordable prices.
HZU houses a dispensary with qualified doctors available round the clock.
We believe in training the students not only in their chosen academic discipline but beyond that as well. Sports at University campus provide for the perfect setting to hone one’s team skills and to maintain physical fitness. Apart from indoor games, there is a whole gamut of outdoor sports like Football, Volleyball, Lawn Tennis, Swimming, Cricket, Badminton etc.
Ragging Free Campus
Ragging of students, physically or mentally, is a cognisable offence. All the students are requested not to commit such an inhuman act of cruelty and eradicate this evil from the society completely. If any student is found involved in committing or staging such an offence, then matters will be handled with much gravity.
- Application forms and Prospectus can be obtained from the University Office on payment of Rs. 1000/-. All payments must be made by Demand Draft drawn in favor of ‘Himgiri Zee University‘ and payable at ‘Dehradun’. Forms also available at PNB, Yamuna Colony Branch & PNB, Branch, Dehradun (For cash)
- Incomplete application forms/registration forms, received after the due date will be summarily rejected without any intimation to the students.
- The students are advised to fill the relevant columns carefully and enclose the copies of all the required certificates duly attested.
- The application form should be submitted or sent to “Registrar (Admission) Himgiri ZEE University, P.O. Sherpur, chakrata road, Dehradun – 248 197 (Uttarakhand), India” on or before the due date.
- The University will not be responsible for any missed or misplaced letters for any postal delay.
- The following documents should attached with application form:
- Proof of passing minimum required qualification for the course (Marksheets).
- Proof of entitlement for a particular reservation category (SC/ST/OBC Certificate).
- The following document are required at the time of admission:
- High School/Secondary School Certificate for age proof.
- Transfer Certificate/Migration Certificate,
- Character Certificate.
- Two passport size Photographs for Identify Card.
- Proof of entitlement for a particular reservation category (SC/ST/OBC Certificate).
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Anti Ragging Affidavit by students & parent both on stamp pape
- r of Rs. 10/- duly attested by the oath commissioner/notary (Formates – Annexure I & II).
Pre-admission Enquiry on Academic ProgrammesIn case of any queries on academic aspects of the programmes, the Registrar/Deputy Registrar, Himgiri Zee University, Dehradun may be contacted.
Training and Placement Cell
|Mr. Vikas Chamoli|
Training & Placement Officer
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Himgiri Zee University, we understand and value the importance of placement assistance in shaping the career of our students. We would like to be the preferred source of hiring for top recruiters and believe in making dedicated efforts to build long term relationships with our recruiting partners. The excellent infrastructure of the University facilitates different activities of placement like pre-placement talks, written tests, group discussions, and interviews as per the requirements of the organizations.
The HZU training & placement team works to identify skills and strengths of students for prospective placements and ensure all students receive best guidance and support for developing their respective careers. The extensive cross-industry linkages of Zee Group assist our students in opening the door to their successful future.
- To provide ample opportunities for placement of students.
- To manage Centralized Placement activities for ALL courses.
- To organize campus recruitment for the students with industries and various organizations of repute from all over India.
- To prepare students for campus recruitment by arranging training in Aptitude tests, group discussions, preparing for Technical and HR interviews through professional trainers.
- To promote career counseling by organizing guest speakers by senior corporate personnel and most importantly by the immediately placed senior students.
- To enter into tie-up arrangements with Industries & Corporates of repute for Campus recruitment.
- Companies are invited to the University by the Training and Placement Cell. The companies can also contact the Training and Placement Officer for their requirement.
- To the responding companies, the details of the final year students opting for placement are sent as per their requirement.
- The company is assigned a mutually agreed date for campus recruitment.
- A pre-placement talk is arranged on the assigned date before starting the recruitment process.
- The company conducts Aptitude/Technical test/ Group discussion/Personal interview as part of their preferred recruitment process.
After the completion of the recruitment process, the company is expected to furnish the final list of selected students on the day of recruitment itself. Our academic programs are designed to meet the needs of the ever-changing market. Students are exposed to academics, sports and cultural activities in campus. The Training & placement cell of Himgiri Zee University is a centralized body working in coordination with senior faculty coordinators from within the university.
|Faculty||Placement Coordinators||Phone No.|
|ARCHITECTURE, DESIGN & PLANNING||Mr. Anil Bhartiemail@example.com||8449299109|
|MANAGEMENT STUDIES||Mr. Rahul Kukretifirstname.lastname@example.org||9997064999|
|HOTEL MANAGEMENT||Mr. Subodh Choudharyemail@example.com||9837773599|
|EDUCATION||Dr. Anoj Rajfirstname.lastname@example.org||9997211046|
|COMMERCE||CA Anter Deep Singhemail@example.com||9412052144|
|TRAINING & PLACEMENT OFFICER||Mr. Vikas Chamolifirstname.lastname@example.org||7055141516|
|SOCIAL WORK||Ms. Minakshi Semwalemail@example.com||9634418831|
|AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY||Dr. Sharad Pandeyfirstname.lastname@example.org||9412017553|
|ENGINEERING||Mr. Amit Kumaremail@example.com||9412017553|
|MEDIA & COMMUNICATION||Mr. Sudheer Deolifirstname.lastname@example.org||9456311886|
It is mandatory for all our students to undertake the Industrial training/internship program to complete their degree program. Our Training & Placement Cell assists students in identifying and obtaining internships and industrial training opportunities. Training/ Internship is conducted onsite and the organization provides students with an opportunity to learn about the industrial/corporate practices and gain industrial experience. All through the process, students are guided by dedicated faculty mentors as well as mentor from the organization. To evaluate the student, Faculty mentor, in contact with industry mentor, monitors student’s progress. This practical approach ensures that our students pass out with hand-on experience, knowledge and skills sought by employers worldwide.