Guru Kashi University Talwandi Sabo
Founded in 2011, Guru Kashi University is a private higher education institution located in the the rural setting of the medium-sized town of Talwandi Sabo (population range of 10,000-49,999 inhabitants), Punjab. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, Guru Kashi University is a coeducational higher education institution. Guru Kashi University offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees in several areas of study. Guru Kashi University also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including as well as administrative services
The Guru Kashi University is in Punjab, India. It was founded by the Balaji Education Trust Talwandi Sabo which was established in 1997 that and became the foundation stone for education in this region. The school came into existence in 1998 as GGS Polytechnic College, graduate and post graduate courses were added, and in 2001 GGS College of Engineering & Technology was established, followed in 2005 by GGS College of Education, in 2006 by GGS Institute of IT and Research, in 2009 the GGS College of Nursing & GGS Collegiate Public School were established. Finally the university was established in 2011 Guru Kashi University was established by Punjab Act No. 37 of 2011.
The LOGO of the University manifests the mission of spreading the knowledge and empowering the youth like the rays of sun illuminate the earth and energize the world. It manifests the resolve for maintaining clean, green and sustainable environment.
The Board Of Governors and the Academic Council are the authorities of the University.
The Academic Council is the highest academic body of the University and is responsible for the maintenance of standards of instruction, education and examination within the University.
Recognition and Rewards
The University is recognized by:
- Institution member ISTE ( Indian Society for Technical Education )
- Life Organisation Member IETE (Institute of Electronics and Telecommunications Engineers)
- NAAC Accredited (GGSCOE- Faculty of education)
- GGSCET (College of Engineering at GKU) is ranked 3rd in North India Engineering Colleges
- Department of Mechanical Engineering is ranked 24th in all India Engineering Colleges
- Department of Electronics and communication is ranked 25th in all India Engineering Colleges
- Department of Computer Science is again ranked 25th in all India Engineering Colleges
The university has the following programs:
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology: Programs leading to the degree of B.Tech, M.Tech and Ph.D in various disciplines of Engineering
- Faculty of Computer Applications:Programs leading to the degrees of Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D in Computer Applications and Information Technology
- Faculty of Management:Programs leading to the degrees of Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D in various disciplines of Management .
- Faculty of Education:Programs leading to the degrees of Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D in Education as well as in Physical Education
- Faculty of Agriculture:Programs leading to the degrees of Bachelors in Agriculture Sciences
Receive latest news and updates about G.K UNIVERSITY Talwandi Sabo through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. N.S. Malhi|
|Location||Sardulgarh Road, Talwandi Sabo, Punjab, India|
|Campus||50+ (Approx) acres|