- To fulfill the acute shortage of Forensic Experts in the Country and the World.
- To make the World a Better and Safer place to live.
- To strengthen the Criminal Justice Delivery System.
- Education through Investigation
- To impart High Quality Education of International Standards.
- To carry out Research in the area of Forensic Science, Crime Investigation, Security, Behavioral Science and Criminology.
The Gujarat Forensic Sciences University was established by the Government of Gujarat vide an Act No. 17 of 2008 passed by the Gujarat Legislative Assembly dated 30th September,2008 with an objective of fulfilling the acute shortage against increasing demand of forensic experts in the country & the world. The main objective of the University to make the Criminal Justice Delivery System techno Savvy and it would help overcome the actual shortage of skilled manpower engaged in this field. It became functional from Feb, 2009 and was recognized by the University Grants Commission as a State University under Section 22 of theUGC Act 1956 to award degrees in May, 2011.
Institute of Research & Development
The Institute of Research & Development is dedicated to the discovery, development of forensic science and its application to a wide range of academic and professional areas, based on sound research work. All this and much more in a growth conducive environment that foster creativity, innovation and critical thinking amongst students and faculty. The Institute is a premier institute of Forensic Pharmacy and Nanotechnology in India that provides MS and doctoral degrees to the students encompassing the various specializations of forensic science such as Pharmaceuticals, Nanotechnology, Environmental Science and Management, Chemistry creating experts in these fields. The exclusive program recently launched by the Institute is M. Tech. Civil Engineering with Forensic Structural Engineering as special subject.
Receive latest news and updates about GFSU UNIVERSITY Gandhinag through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
Institute of Forensic Science
Institute of Forensic Science has been established with the sole aim of producing experts in the field of Criminal Investigation, who are armed with advanced scientific techniques. The primary and the most important vision of the Institution is to inculcate the application of various scientific disciplines for the purpose of justice delivery. The Institute has started some exclusive type of courses like MS-Homeland Security & Anti-terrorism, M. Tech Cyber Security &Incident Response, P. G. Diploma Forensic Nursing, MS Digital Forensics, M. Sc. Forensic Odontology etc.
Institute of Behavioural Science
Institute of Behavioural Science is a GFSU Centre for postgraduate education and research in the mind-brain domain, with central focus on criminal behaviour, forensic psychology, and clinical psychology. The courses give an opportunity to students for specializing in these areas for understanding not only the deviant behaviour and their manifestation but also equips them with techniques of coping with stress and its adverse effects. The University imparts highly specialized programme after graduation and postgraduation. Initially 5 Programs were launched in the year 2009, However looking to the acute requirements of the society around28 highly specialized courses.
The Gujarat Forensic Sciences University, the world’s first Forensic Sciences University at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Gujarat Forensic Sciences University is committed at offering quality education,training, research, competency development and consultancy to the satisfaction of all its stakeholders. This institute through its innovative teaching methods and research aims at improving effectiveness of Forensic Science Practises on a continuous basis. All along Gujarat Forensic Sciences University work towards creating knowledge networked environment and we achieve this through:
- Proper understanding of quality policy and its effective communication across all the levels
- Adherence to this policy on a routine basis
- Periodical Audits
The University creates necessary infrastructure methodically and continuously, based on the rising requirements of the stakeholders. The salient features of the University Campus are as below:
- Hi-Tech Green University Campus with State Of the Art Infrastructure.
- Ultra Modern Ballistics Research Centre having facilities of testing of Bullet Resistant Materials and Armed Vehicles
- Establishment of Centre of Excellence in Homeland Security (including Intelligence Lab)
- Air conditioned class rooms with LCD Projectors.
- Green and Environment friendly campus where 70% of electricity is generated by Solar Panels.
- Highly secured campus with 256 CCTV Cameras and Access Cards.
- Wi-Fi connectivity with CAT 7A networks.
- Ultra-Modern Auditorium, Hostel Facilities for Girls and Boys, Mess and fully furnished guest house with Studio Apartments.
- Uninterrupted power supply in campus along with DG Sets with various power capacities, investors and UPS are used on the campus during power failure.
The University is headed by the Director General; followed by the Registrar and a Director; as Head of each of the Institutes.
The highest body of the University is the Board of Governors; having the Director General of the University, as its Chairman.
Founded in 2008, Gujarat Forensic Sciences University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the the urban setting of the large town of Gandhinagar (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), Gujarat. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, Gujarat Forensic Sciences University (GFSU) is a coeducational higher education institution. Gujarat Forensic Sciences University (GFSU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as master degrees in several areas of study. GFSU also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, as well as administrative services.
In 2011, it was reported that the University would get a campus that would be developed on 50,000 square metres (540,000 sq ft) of land. In March 2015, University hosted an International Conference on Cyber Security 2015, with aim to convene the best minds in Cyber Security under one roof.
- Class Rooms
- Ultra modern ballistics research center
- R&D Labs
- Lecture theaters
- Swimming Pool
- Internet facilities
- Institute of Research & Development
- Institute of Forensic Science
- Institute of Behavioral Science
- Orchid Research Laboratories Ltd.
- Synchron Research Services Pvt Ltd.
- Sigma Aldrich
- Zydus Cadilla
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Lambda Therapeutic Research Ltd.
- CMC India Pvt. Ltd.
- ICICI Lombard
- Foundation Futuristic Technologies (P). Ltd.
- Indian Air Force
- Perkin Elmer
- National Institute of Occupational Health
The university has the Institute of Forensic Science, Institute Research & Development and Institute of Behavioral Science attached to it, with the Institute of Medico-legal science and Institute of Technology and Management being launched in 2011.
In 2014, the University collaborated with Hyderabad-based eSF Labs to start a Master of Technology course in Cyber Security and Incident Response. On 14 December, 2015, it entered into an association with Indian Police Foundation and Institute, New Delhi.
|Name||:||Gujarat Forensic Sciences University|
|Contact No||:||079-23977102, 23977104|