Receive latest news and updates about Dr.B.A UNIVERSITY Lonere through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
Established in 1989, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in Lonere, Maharashtra. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University is a coeducational higher education institution. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees in several areas of study. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, as well as administrative services.
The campus covers an area of 525 acres (2,120,000 m2), and is located at the college town of Lonere, off the NH-17 (Mumbai-Goa National Highway). It is approximately 20 km north of Mahad city and 10 km south of Mangaon tehsil, and about 22 km away from the renowned Raigad fort of the Maratha king Shivaji. The campus is in the vicinity of the industrial belt comprising Thane, Belapur, Nagothane, Patalganga, Roha, Mahad, etc.
The university offers following degree courses:
- Chemical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Computer engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Electronics and telecommunication engineering
- Information technology
- Mechanical engineering
- Petrochemical engineering
The university offers following diploma courses in its Institute of Petrochemical Engineering (IOPE) campus.
- Chemical Engineering
- Petrochemical Engineering
- Polymer and Plastic Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Advance Diploma in Water Quality Management(ADWQM)
DBATU is unitary in character, and features undergraduate and postgraduate programs in core engineering disciplines. It offers four-year undergraduate programs that lead to the awarding of Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) degree in each of the departments’ disciplines. It also offers two-year postgraduate programs that lead to the awarding of Master of Technology (M. Tech.) degree in the disciplines of Power Systems, chemical, computer, electronics and telecommunication, environmental, manufacturing and in thermal and fluids engineering.
|Ph.D.||Two year (Minimum)|
|Advanced Diploma||One year|
The students organize following major events/activities regularly :
Hon’ble Padma Vibhushan Professor Man Mohan Sharma, Chief Guest delivered the Convocation address and distributed the Gold medals.
- Technical and Co-Curricular Activities
- Annual Technical Festival, in which various technical events, presentations, workshops, lectures etc. are arranged.
- Department of Chemical Engineering organises a National Level Chemical Engineering Technical Festival. Various competitions and events are conducted and students from various colleges participate
ISTE Student Chapter Activities;
- Technical Paper Presentation Competitions/conferences such as Chemfraternirty and Technotrend;
- Activities of Students Association such as ACES, MESA, EESA, TEESA, CESA, ChEA, SAChE, PESA and FIT;
- Model since 2010-2011 electronics department started an IETE chapter.
- Building Competitions;
- Publication of annual university magazine “Abhiyantriki”;
- Avishkar (Research)
- Cultural Activities
- Annual social gathering, called “Abhiyanta Vasant”
- celebration of “annual hostel day” in few hostels, celebration of various festivals in each hostel,
- elocution / debate / essay competitions,
- Indradhanushya (cultural),
- National Service Scheme (NSS) activities,
- blood donation camp
- Sport Activities
- Annual sports, Ashwamedh (Sports)
- 1st International conference on Materials Manufacturing and Design engineering(iCMMD16)
It is located in vicinity of Sahyadri range in Lonere village on NH-17(Mumbai-Goa highway). Mangaon is 10 km north and Mahad is about 20 km south from the university. Major cities like Mumbai (96 km) and Pune (122 km) are well connected by road. Raigad fort is also situated nearby and can be seen if weather is clear. Goregaon Road railway station on Konkan railway line is situated about 2 km from Lonere.