Receive latest news and updates about DIT UNIVERSITY DEHRADUN through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
Established in 2013, DIT University is a private higher education institution located in the the rural setting of the medium-sized city of Dehradun (population range of 500,000-1,000,000 inhabitants), Uttrakhand. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, DIT University is a coeducational higher education institution. DIT University offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees in several areas of study. DIT University also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, as well as administrative services.
DIT University was founded by Naveen Agarwal, the founder of the Unison Group. Founded in 1998, Dehradun Institute of Technology gradually turned from an Engineering college to a University which offer Undergraduate, Graduate and Doctral programmes in fields like Engineering, Pharmacy, Management and Architecture. Initially, Dehradun Institute of Technology started its first batch in 1998 with CSE, ME and EE branches under affiliation from Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut. Then year after year, the number of branches increases with a variety of Post-Graduate and Doctral programs. In 2012, UGC conferred the Autonomous Status to DIT, further in 2013 the Uttarakhand State Government declared DIT as DIT University due to excellence in Education and Research. Till Date more than 8000 students have successfully passed from DIT. There are also periodic Alumni meet at various zones throughout the country.
Admission to DIT University has been offered based on performance in JEE-Mains for Engineering and Architecture Undergraduates, GATE for Graduate courses, CAT/MAT for MBA and Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination for MCA.
JEE Main Central Counselling
DIT University is listed under Central counselling list of Jee-Main (earlier AIEEE). In 2013, many students were admitted to DITU via CSA counselling apart from normal counselling held at DITU campus.
From 2014, admissions for Post-Graduate and Doctoral Programs will be entertained by DIT University Entrance Test-DUET’14 and interview conducted by DIT University. Apart from this, GATE/NET qualified students shall be given more preference.
Dehradun is located 240 kilometres north-east of Delhi. The area of the campus is 25 acres out of which 23 acres is developed, the prominent buildings are Vedanta and Chanakya.
Residential and facilities
DIT University has hostels. The hostels are named for saints, historical and religious figures. All men’s hostels share a common multi-floor dining area, and there is a separate dining area for the women’s hostel. Students may also serve themselves at the cafeteria (Food King).
- The SPIC MACAY (Society For Promotion of Indian Classical Music and Culture Among Youth) DIT University chapter seeks to conserve and promote the Indian cultural tapestry among youth by focusing on the classical arts with their legends, rituals, mythology and philosophy.
DIT University has programs in Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy, Management Engineering:-
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering.
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- B.Tech in Information Technology.
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering.
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
- B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering.
- Integrated Program: BTech + MTech (Computer Science & Engineering) – 5 Year Program.
- Integrated Program: BTech + MTech (Electronics and Communication Engineering) – 5 Year Program.
- Integrated Programme (BTech + MTech) and (BTech + MBA) in Mechanical Engineering- 5 Year Program
- MTech in Mechanical Engineering
- MTech in Digital Communication.
- MTech in Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- MTech in Computer Science & Engineering.
- MTech in Electrical Engineering.
- MTech in Civil Engineering with Specialization in Structural Engineering.
- PhD. in Electronics and CommunicationEngineering.
- PhD. in Computer Science and Engineering.
- PhD. in Mechanical Engineering.
- PhD. in Electrical Engineering.
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Lateral Entery – Two Year Program.
- Master in Business Management (MBA)
- The IEEE DIT University chapter, established in 2011, sponsors lectures, a workshop, quizzes and the presentation of papers.
- The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE is a platform for automotive enthusiasts to get hands-on experience with automobiles.
- The Computer Society of India (CSI) established in 2010 in DIT University and around 400 student members. The mission of the CSI DITU chapter is to facilitates research, knowledge sharing, learning and career enhancement for all categories of IT professionals, while simultaneously inspiring and nurturing new entrants into the industry and helping them to integrate into the IT community.
- CodeGenX formed in 2012, today CodeGenx has more than 200 members from various departments of DIT University. It has been established in the university with a mission to enhance coding skills and sharing knowledge.
- Clikrrati Literati the literary club, nurtures the talents of students, makes sincere efforts for their holistic development and grooms them into morally awakened individuals.
- Google Student Club (GSC formed in 2013 is another major CSE/IT club which was formed after selection of Google Student Ambassador from DITU. This club bridge the gap between GOOGLE and CAMPUS via conducting innovative activities,events,workshops,etc