Receive latest news and updates about D.S.V.V UNIVERSITY Shantikunj through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
Founded in 2002, Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya (Divine Culture University) is a non-profit private higher education institution located in the the urban setting of the large town of Shantikunj (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), Uttarakhand. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya (DSW) is a coeducational higher education institution. Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya (DSW) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. This 15 years old H.E. institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations and students’ past academic record and grades. The admission rate range is 60-70% making this Indian higher education organization a somewhat selective institution. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment. DSW also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, housing, sport facilities and/or activities, financial aids and/or scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses and distance learning opportunities, as well as administrative services.
Shri Ram Sharma Acharya, a pioneer of spiritual renaissance
He was born on 20th September 1911, at Awalkheda, in Agra District. Since his childhood, he had such a keen and unswerving inclination towards spirituality that was very uncommon for the children of his age. He scrupulously carried out the biddings of his Guru, a Great Himalayan Yogi, who appeared to him in his prayer cell, when he was 15 years of age. He predicted the golden future for mankind and gave an optimistic vision to his disciples. In the long, slow, tedious and meandering march of evolution of human consciousness, culture and civilizations over the millennium, it has been only on rare turning points that an ‘Avatar’- like multifaceted genius with superhuman attributes has appeared on the human scene to raise human consciousness to a higher nobler plane.
The Saint-Scholar-Philosopher Pandit Shri Ram Sharma Acharya
The foremost collaborator and discipline of Gurudev Acharyashri
A sage, a visionary, a social reformer, Pt. Shri Ram Sharma Acharya
A Futurologist and a Great Devotee of Gayatri
Brochure of Patron Founder
Aims and Objectives of the University
- Dissemination of the tenets of Indian Culture and Human Values.
- Education and Research in the disciplines of Dev Sanskriti and to promote a proper blend of Science and Spirituality.
- Conducting research on various streams of science based on ancient Vedic Culture like Ayurveda, Science of Mantras, Yogic Science, Psychology, Cosmology, Jyotish, Science of Yagya, Alternative Medicinal Therapies etc.
- Teaching and Research in the fields related to self-employment, village management etc. with a view to usher a new social order based upon the vision of Kulpita Pandit Shriram Sharma Acharya.
- Providing a residential environment to re-establish the ancient Gurukul tradition.
Vision & Mission
The vision of the Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya is to -:
“unite contemporary education with spiritual training to cultivate well-rounded, competent and personally uplifted graduates, who possess a scientifically grounded understanding and experience of spiritual transformation and a powerful drive to use their gifts to promote the greater good of society.”
The motto statement of the University is hence aptly framed as ‘A University for the Global, Cultural & Spiritual Renaissance’.
The mission of the University is as under:
1. Confluence of traditional education with science and spirituality
2. Creation of devoted, righteous and learned students
3. Infusion of scientific spirituality into life style
4. Creation of citizens well-endowed with nationalistic ideals
5. Guiding future leaders by developing human values and oneness towards all.
6. Conducting conventional research in non-conventional disciplines.