Receive latest news and updates about CENTRAL UNIVERSITY Rajasthan Ajmer through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
Established in 2009, Central University of Rajasthan is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the the rural setting of the medium-sized city of Ajmer (population range of 500,000-1,000,000 inhabitants), Rajasthan. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, Central University of Rajasthan (CUR) is a coeducational higher education institution. Central University of Rajasthan (CUR) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. CUR also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, as well as administrative services.
The University »
The Central University of Rajasthan has been established by an Act of Parliament (Act No. 25 of 2009, The Gazette of India, No. 27, published on 20th March, 2009 as a new Central University, and is fully funded by the Government of India.
The Visitor »
The President of India, His Excellency Shri Pranab Mukherjee, is the Visitor of the Central University of Rajasthan.
The Vice Chancellor »
The President of India, in her capacity as the Visitor of the University, has appointed Prof. M. M. Salunkhe as the first Vice Chancellor of the University.
Permanent Site for the University »
The state government has allocated 518+ Acres of land for the permanent site of the Central University at Bandra Sindri near Kishangarh on Jaipur – Ajmer Road (NH-8).
- 20 Km from Kishangarh
- 46 Km from Ajmer
- 76 Km from Jaipur when going from Jaipur to Ajmer
- Less than a Km (700 meters) from the highway (NH-8)
About Kishangarh »
The Kishangarh is situated at a distance of approximately 27 Km from Ajmer city and 78 Km from Jaipur of Rajasthan. It is well connected via Indian Railways and National Highway No. 8. In recent years, Kishangarh has come to be known as the marble city of India. It is the only place in the world with a temple of nine planets.
About Rajasthan »
The State of Rajasthan has a total population (2001 Census) of about 5,65,07,188, the urban population being 23.38%. The literacy rate is 61.03% with male-75.7% and female- 43.9%. The major industries in Rajasthan are mineral, agro and heritage based. The strengths of Rajasthan include abundant availability of minerals, open & responsive government, proximity to Gurgaon and Delhi, which are now getting saturated, relatively better law and order scenario as compared to many other states in North India, very good living conditions – good civic infrastructure, residential, educational and medical facilities, road, power & water, avenues for recreation and tourism. Rajasthan is having good road network. It is extensively connected through a network of state and national highways and has well developed road network in cities. It has industrial estates across the state and has continuously improving telecommunication infrastructure, presence of major nationalized and commercial banks like ICICI, HDFC, UTI, Citibank, HSBC, Standard Charted etc. The state places great emphasis on technical manpower and it has large number of Engineering colleges and premier international level IT training institutes like BITS Pilani and LNMIIT functioning in Rajasthan, with IIT, IIM, Central University of Rajasthan and World Class University already announced this year.
The Central University of Rajasthan aspires to be one of India’s most dynamic and vibrant universities, responsive to the changing global trends, providing unparalleled educational opportunities for the learner community especially for those coming from the lower socio- economic strata of society seeking quality education. It proposes to offer innovative undergraduate and graduate academic programmes as well as continuing personal and professional enrichment in selected areas that will lead to the formation of a scholarly community by advancing, sharing and applying knowledge and by facilitating the development of thoughtful, creative, sensitive and responsible citizens.
The mission of the Central University of Rajasthan is to contribute to and work with a sense of Commitment towards the educational, cultural, economic, environmental, health and social advancement of the region and the nation at large by providing excellent undergraduate liberal education and quality programs leading to bachelors, masters, professional and doctorate degrees.
To facilitate accessible and affordable quality education that equips the students with scholarly and professional skills, moral principles and global perspectives.
- To strengthen both faculty and student research addressing basic and regional problems.
- To integrate national and international perspectives into our fundamental four-fold mission of teaching, research, extension and consultancy.
- To explore knowledge and wisdom in order to build a wealth of interdisciplinary academic resources indispensable for sustainable development to accomplish the status of a leading research-intensive university; and to engage in transferring knowledge and technology to the community in order to strengthen and elevate the community potential, and to increase the competitiveness of India at the global level.
- To employ the strategy of proactive management of the university administration and to operate the system within a sensible framework of high-quality governance based on efficiency, transparency and accountability.
- To formulate the University as one of the best places in the world to attain intellectual skills and acquire an affirmative mindset to thrive in an increasingly internationalized and competitive job market simultaneously acting as responsible citizens of the global community by the inculcation of value-oriented education.
- Building character values and simultaneously forging the careers of the students by developing analytical thinking, individual initiative and responsibility.
- Providing flexible, innovative academic and research programmes and support structures that are responsive to a broad range of learners and regional needs.
- Facilitating a wide range of learning opportunities for learners engaged in graduate, postgraduate and research programmes.
- Encouraging considerate and accountable faculty-student participatory interaction on local, state, national and international affairs.
- Recognizing a special obligation to educate the students coming from minorities and lower socio-economic strata of the society.
- Undertaking research and consultancy on the challenges the region is facing and contributing its expertise for the community.
- Providing means for capacity building for leadership and service through academic programmes, campus activities and creating opportunities for community involvement.
Quality Statement »
In order to meet the challenges of the knowledge era and to keep pace with the knowledge explosion in Higher Education, the Central University of Rajasthan is committed to inculcating and sustaining quality in all the dimensions of Higher Education viz. teaching, learning, research, extension and governance while catering to the regional and global needs.
CURAJ is located on the Jaipur-Ajmer Expressway (NH-8), 83 km from Jaipur and 40 km from Ajmer and measures more than 209 hectares (518 acres). This land was donated by the Government of Rajasthan in 2010, construction had started in 2011 and by July 2012 the university had moved to its current location. The nearest commuter railway station is Kishangarh Station and the nearest major railway station is the Ajmer Station.
The campus is in developing phase. The departments are functioning from temporary buildings and expected to move their permanent places in 2016. An air conditioned auditorium with a capacity of 1500 has been constructed on the temporary basis. The construction of the guest house is completed. The university has constructed the state of art permanent buildings for hostels and implemented the concept of rain water harvesting successfully by creating seven ponds in the campus at different locations.
The buildings are constructed using a fusion of traditional architectural features of Rajasthan with contemporary design elements. The chhatri and jaali are used in the buildings give a unique blend of the traditional and modern architecture.
CURAJ offers academic and research programmes in Technology, Science, Humanities, Commerce, Management, Public Policy and Social Sciences.
CURAJ offers five year integrated M.Sc. programmes in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics and Statistics. The integrated M.Sc. programmes leading to the degree of B.Sc. and M.Sc., have four core subjects in the 1st and 2nd year (Semester I – IV), and only one subject as major (like Honors degree ) in 3rd year (Semester V & VI) in which the student will pursue the M.Sc. degree.
The University offers various PG programmes with specialization.
- M.Arch. (Sustainable Architecture)
- MBA (specialization in Finance/ Marketing with special emphasis on Entrepreneurship and Business Analytics)
- M.Com. (specialization in Accounting & Taxation/ HRM/ Finance/ Marketing)
- M. Pharm. (Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
- M. Tech. CSE (specialization in Cyber Security)
- M. Sc. (Tech) Mathematics (combination of Mathematics and Computer Science)
M. A. programmes in;
- Culture & Media Studies
- Economics (specialization in Enviro-Economics)
- English (Specialization in Creative Writing, Script Writing, Writing for Media and Film Appreciation)
- Hindi (Specialization in Functional Hindi)
- Public Policy, Law and Governance
- Social Work
M. Sc. programmes in;
- Atmospheric Science
- Big data Analytics in association with Tata Consultancy Services
- Chemistry (specialization in Green Chemistry)
- Computer Science (specialization in Artificial Intelligence)
- Environmental Science (specialization in Desert Studies)
- Mathematics (combination of Mathematics and Computer Science)
- Statistics (specialization in Actuarial Science)
Three-year Integrated M.Sc. B.Ed programmes in Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics and Physics introduced in 2015-16.
B.Voc. (Interior Design) runs by School of Architecture under community college scheme of UGC is a three-year degree course with multiple exit options;
- Certificate in Interior Design (1 year)
- Diploma in Interior Design (2 years)
- Degree in Interior Design (3 years)
The university offers Ph.D programs in each department.
The university admits students to integrated M. Sc., Integrated M.Sc.-B.Ed and PG programmes through the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) held yearly, and conducted at centers all over India. Admission to M. Tech. programme is made once a year on the basis of GATE score through Centralized Counselling for M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan. (CCMT). Admission to the Doctoral programmes were accomplished through the CUCET and followed by an interview.
Admission to B.Voc. (Interior Design) programme is done through an aptitude test conducted by the university.
The university coordinates CUCET each year from its introduction. In 2017, ten universities are taking part in CUCET, including CURAJ. Other universities are Central University of Haryana, Central University of Jammu, Central University of Jharkhand, Central University of Karnataka, Central University of Kashmir, Central University of Kerala, Central University of Punjab, Central University of South Bihar and Central University of Tamil Nadu.
Schools and Departments
The university is organised into ten schools, each of which has several departments:
- School of Architecture
- Department of Architecture
- Community College
- School of Chemical Sciences and Pharmacy
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Pharmacy
- School of Commerce & Management
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Management
- School of Engineering and Technology
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- School of Earth Sciences
- Department of Atmospheric Science
- Department of Environmental Science
- School of Life Sciences
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Microbiology
- School of Humanities & Languages
- Department of English
- Department of Hindi
- School of Mathematics, Statistics & Computational Sciences
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
- School of Social Sciences
- Department of Culture and Media Studies
- Department of Economics
- Department of Public Policy, Law and Governance
- Department of Social Work
- School of Physical Sciences
- Department of Physics
University Library have more than 25000 books including references and subscribed more than 8000 online journals under UGC- INFONET Digital Library Consortium and more than 2000 online journals being subscribed by the University Library i.e. Science Direct, SciFinder, Bentham Science, EBSCO, ACM Digital library & IEEE online journals. More than 100 National & International print journals also being subscribed by the University Library.
Halls of Residence
The residential character of CURAJ is an important component of the intellectual and cultural life of the campus. There are 6 residences (hostels), Which includes 2 hostels for UG and PG male Students, 2 hostels for UG and PG female Students, 1 hostel for male research scholars, teaching and non-teaching staffs, 1 hostel for female research scholars, teaching and non-teaching stuffs.
Besides academics, a range of societies and clubs exist for students like the student-run media group called Astitva, the Film Club, the photography club known as the Lenswala, The Navsrijan Society and the Economics Society of CURAJ. The annual cultural fest is known as Marukriti. The Economania, Math Earth, Impressario of Department of Management which has been started by five student of the Department name Harshad, Rohit, Rishav, Vikash & Nafi and Myriad Hues are the annual fests of the respective department and student societies of the university. The university’s students also participate in regional and national level inter-university fests and competitions like the Association of Indian Universities annual fest known as UNIFEST.