Receive latest news and updates about C. UNIVERSITY of Himachal Pradesh Kangra through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
Founded in 2009, Central University of Himachal Pradesh is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the the rural setting of the medium-sized town of Kangra (population range of 10,000-49,999 inhabitants), Himachal Pradesh. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, Central University of Himachal Pradesh (CUHP) is a coeducational higher education institution. Central University of Himachal Pradesh (CUHP) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees in several areas of study. CUHP also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, as well as administrative services.
The Central University of Himachal Pradesh is a university operating from the Temporary Academic Block which is established at Shahpur, Himachal Pradesh. This university had been allotted to Dehra town but was shifted to Shahpur for temporary classes although enough space was provided at Dehra and later divided into two locations. The university was founded in 2009 as a result of the government’s policy to establish Central Universities in each of the states that do not already have a central university.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, in his address to the nation on 15 August 2007, announced the establishment of a Central University in each of the states that did not already have a central university. Subsequently, the Planning Commission provided for the establishment of 16 new Central Universities according to the Central Universities Act 2009 (No. 25 of 2009) of the Indian Parliament. The act received presidential assent on 20 March 2009 and provided for the establishment of the Central University of Himachal Pradesh, amongst others.
Vision & Mission of the University
While development of own infrastructure of the University may take a while, the University has an ambitious Vision Document evolved in consultation with eminent experts in the field of education. The Vision Document and Strategic Plan of the University as approved by the statutory authorities of the University are available at the website of the University (http://www.cuhimachal.ac.in). Accordingly, in due course of time, the University will grow to have purpose built, state of the art 150 acre campus in Dharamshala and 900 acre campus in Dehra and will have 17 Schools of Studies with nearly 90 Departments of Studies and about 50 Centres of Studies.
course offering Monsoon sem 2016
Objectives of the University
- To disseminate and advance knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in such branches of learning as it may deem fit;
- To make special provisions for integrated courses in humanities, social sciences, sciences and technology in its educational programmes;
- To take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching-learning process and inter-disciplinary studies and research;
- To educate and train manpower for the development of the country;
- To establish linkages with industries for the promotion of science and technology;
- To pay special attention to the improvement of social and economic conditions and welfare of the people, their intellectual, academic and cultural development