Receive latest news and updates about BILASPUR UNIVERSITY BILASPUR through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
Founded in 2011, Bilaspur Vishwavidyalaya (Bilaspur University) is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the the rural setting of the small city of Bilaspur (population range of 250,000-499,999 inhabitants), Chhattisgarh. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, Bilaspur Vishwavidyalaya (BU) is a coeducational higher education institution. Bilaspur Vishwavidyalaya (BU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees in several areas of study. BU also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including as well as administrative services.
Towards an Excellence through Equity, Access and Quality Education.
- Aspire to translate collective dream of the Community of the region in to reality.
- Create, disseminate and advance knowledge, through instructional and Inter disciplinary and collaborative researches.
- Educate and train the Human Resource persons for the development of the State of Chhattisgarh.
- Advancement of intellectual, academic, cultural and natural resource development for Socio- economic development of the region.
- Appropriate measures to promote quality education in affiliated colleges.
- To develop innovative and professional instructional programmes to cater the needs of students of the State of Chhattisgarh.
- To create an ambience for quality teaching-learning and skill development and its upgradation .
- To support students in developing competency in their respective fields of study to participate in emerging global economic opportunities.
- To identify the educational, social cultural & industrial needs in the State and plan to create relevent programmes.
- To further develop infrastruture for continued productivity, competitiveness, of human resources of the University in creating knowledge and research programmes in time and space.
- To up keep the Administrative and academic reforms in emerging educational and research programmes.
- To support teaching, research and Autonomy in the colleges to emerge as potential of excellence.
Bilaspur University (Viswavidyalaya) is State University which has been established by the Gazette notification on 03.02.2012 of Chhattisgarh Act No 07, 2012,
The Chhattisgarh Viswavidyalaya ( Amendament) Act, 2011 and came in to its existance in June, 2012. The jurisdiction of Bilaspur University is extended to 05 districts namely:- revenue districts of Bilaspur, Mungeli , Korba, Janjgir Champa and Raigarh.
The University is situated on Old High Court Building, Near Gandhi Chowk Bilaspur city. There are nearly 168 Govt. and private colleges affiliated in the 05 districts of Chhattisgarh State which together constitute the jurisdiction of Bilaspur University. The colleges carry out undergraduate and postgraduate studies in different streams of Science, Arts, Commerce, Law and Education and Centres of research.
The University plans to develop strategy for enhancing the range of pedagogic approaches and the use of technology. As a part of this approach, the University plans to start classrooms into state of the art ones, enabling teachers to teach using wide variety of media.
Affiliated College List of Bilaspur University
Particulars of colleges Total
Arts, Science and Commerce 124
District Govt. Private Total
Bilaspur 15 39 54
Mungeli District 7 4 11
Janjgir-Champa 13 35 48
Raigarh 12 24 36
Korba District 9 10 19
Total 56 112 168
Microbiology and Bio-informatics
Department of Microbiology and Bio-informatics was established in Bilaspur University, in the year 2013, with the objective of imparting quality education in the fields of Microbiology, Bio-informatics and several allied disciplines. Due to rapidly evolving technology and the continuous need for innovation, the Department has always produced quality professionals, holding important positions in the fields of science, management and technology in Chhattisgarh, India and abroad.
The Department has experienced and dedicated faculty members, producing high quality teaching and research. The students are engaged in seminars, conferences, workshops, industrial visits, cultural activities, presentations, research etc., apart from their studies. The department was conducting several research projects and has collaborations with organisations. The department is focussed to cater the needs of organizations and society towards higher quality and developments in science and technology.