Assam Down Town University Guwaha
About down town Charity Trust
The down town Charity Trust was formed, by the down town hospital ltd., under a Deed of Trust, executed on 29 December 1997, The urge to do something for the poor and deprived section of the society led to the formation of down town Charity Trust.Apart from doctors, the members of the Trust include Engineers, Educationists and other professionals from various walks of life. The down town Charity Trust is promoted by down town hospital ltd., the first corporate multi speciality hospital in North Eastern India. The down town Charity Trust is governed by a Board of Trustees.
The educational journey of the group had begun way back in 1993 with the establishment of the down town school of nursing, the first private nursing school of North East. In 1997 the group started the paramedical institute, giving diplomas in various allied health streams.
Down town Charity Trust had applied to the Assam Government for granting University status to its education programmes in Panikhaiti in early 2009. As per the provisions of the Assam Private Universities Act. 2007, the trust has successfully achieved a University Status for the educational project at its Panikhaiti Campus, vide Assam Gazette No.LGL.9/2010/11 Dated 29 April 2010, making it the second Private University in the state of Assam.
In 2009 the trust started the down town college of allied sciences, offering around 12 allied health degrees, under Srimanta Sankardeva University of Health Sciences, Govt. of Assam.
The Assam down town University, campus is located in Sankar Madhav Path, Gandhi Nagar, Panikhaiti, Guwahati, Assam INDIA. The site is spread on a sprawling hilly, green campus of over 50 acres overlooking the Brahmaputra.
A view of the anatomy museum maintained by the University
Facilities Inside the Campus
- Teaching Hospital Block: The 210,000 sq. ft. block comprises the hospital built within the campus as well as all required academic
Technical Block: The 150,000 sq. ft. technical block comprises the Engineering, Management and Pharmacy Faculties. This block serves the technical courses and also provides common laboratory facilities for other courses.
- Library: The University has a well-stocked with text books, technical journals, periodicals and reference material for advanced research and development work and fully computerized library, which serves as a catalyst in the learning process. Stretching across 12000 sq.ft. area with spacious reading areas, the University Central Library host a collection of over 20,000 volumes of books as well as a large number of national and international journals.
- Auditoriums & Seminar hall: The University has two Seminar Rooms and one Auditoriumsl for meetings, fatuity presentations and discussions. The seating and its capacity of Seminar rooms hall is 250 and 300 in Auditoriums.
- Banking Services: Axis bank ATM facilities is available inside the Campus.
- On Campus Accommodations & Mess: Separate Hostels for Girls and Boys with furnished rooms, Wi-Fi network internet connection and round the clock power backup are available on University Campus for almost 1000 students.
- Wi-Fi Campus: The University has a seamless Wi-Fi network with more than 20 Mbit/s leased line with multiple ISP which allows students to be connected on the net anytime, anywhere.
- Canteen: The university has two canteens which can house almost 400 students at one time.
- Sports Ground: The Campus Provides the facilities for Table Tennis, Pool, Volleyball ground, Badminton coot, Cricket ground, Football ground etc.. in the premises.
- Transport Facilities: Assam down town University provides a reliable transport facility of its students and faculty members.
The university offers, multiple bachelor and master program, from engineering to hospitality to allied health sciences to Pharmacy.
It has signed a memorandum of understanding with the India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) to offer a degree course in Hotel Management and Industrial Training.
All graduate and undergraduate programmes at Assam down town University are offered under the following:
- Allied Health
- Skill Development
The university got approval from DEB- Distance Education Bureau under UGC, via Letter No. 1105-1109 in the year 2013 to offer programs in distance mode.
Currently the university is running the following programs in distance mode:
- Bachelors in Business Administration Program (3 years) (12 specialisations)
- Masters in Business Administration Program (2 Years) (5 specialisations)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (3 Years)
Receive latest news and updates about A.D.T UNIVERSITY Guwaha through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
The University offers a number of collaborative academic programmes though Memorandum of Understanding with academic and research Institutes and Universities of national and international repute.
Limerick Institute of Technology, Ireland
The Assam down town University has tied up with the Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT), which is a leading European technical Institute based in Ireland to offer collaborative programs in Mechanical and Civil engineering. Both the institutes have undertaken a rigorous exercise of mapping and understanding each other’s syllabuses and have started the joint program since 2012.
Liverpool University is one of the top ranked University in the United Kingdom. ADTU has tied up with Liverpool University whereby Liverpool University delivers specialized content to the students at India from UK. This understanding has begun in 2015.
Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT), NEPAL
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was executed on 29 July 2015 between Assam down town University (AdtU) and Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT). The main objective of this MoU is for collaboration on academic and students activities between Assam down town University & Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training.
Tribhuvan University, Nepal
One of the most famous University of south Asia.The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was executed on 29 July 2015 between Assam down town University (AdtU) and Tribhuvan University (TU), the central University of Nepal. The main objective of this MoU is for collaboration on academic and research activities between Assam down town University & Tribhuvan University