Arunachal University of Studies Namsai
The Arunachal University of Studies has been legislated by the Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh vide The Arunachal University of Studies Act, 2012 (No. 9 of 2012) as the First State University of Arunachal Pradesh under Self Sponsored category. Geographically, the University is the extreme North-Eastern University country. The University is also First University of India to witness the Sunrise every day. Since its enactment, the University has steadily progressed its way and has achieved remarkable success so far.
The University is fully alive with a great concern for national priorities for higher education by promoting the expansion, equity and excellence. This is a matter of great concern that for India with such a vast diversity due to its religion, economic region and regional considerations, Arunachal Pradesh is a truly developing state with such great diversity and economic disparity requires all the three components i.e. expansion, equity and excellence.
Arunachal University of Studies believes in imparting education to the students in a comprehensive format while not compromising on the traditional ways of pedagogy which our country has nourished since its inception. It has therefore embarked on a novel concept clubbing the class room lectures and the industrial element together. This approach lightens up the interest of the students in their respective scope of subjects and that gives a holistic get up to the whole perception of education. The course structure at the University’s disposal has been very carefully crafted to incorporate the best practices of the industry and provides the students the required scope to hone their capabilities.
At the beginning the University started its functioning in a building leased from Urban Development Department, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh. Subsequently, the university acquired land on National Highway, two miles from Namsai and constructed state of Art campus. Now Till date the University has already commenced Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture Sciences, Faculty of Commerce & Management, Faculty of Education, Special Education & Sports, Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Faculty of Legal Studies, Faculty of Library and Information Sciences, Faculty of Science, Skill Development & Vocational Studies and University Industry Inter-Linkage Centre.
The course structure has been a genesis of eminent academicians of varied fields. Arunachal University of Studies shall encourage the inquisitive nature in the students and let them the freedom to find the answers themselves with the guidance of the faculties. The University prophesies to inspire the students towards knowledge. In this purview, it has purposefully tied up with the variant industries to let its students have hands-on experience right from the start of their academic session. This nurtures and moulds them well into the real-world scenario. The large cache of research papers and other learning materials available with the University complements this module. It further extends the same through e-learning materials. Our approach remains convergent with an obvious envisaged goal of producing competent human resource. We shall remain dedicated to our motto of “pursuit of excellence, education with a difference…. to provide education by offering unparalleled exposure to develop its students into holistic human beings, body, mind and soul”.
The university is located at Namsai, a small hamlet in Arunachal Pradesh, which is inhabited by the Khamti Tribe, which migrated to India from Thailand. The Khamtis are the most civilized tribes of the state. To be a catalyst in the education needs of the local population the university was established here, with the sole purpose of their upliftment.
The impact of University is visible in entire Arunachal Pradesh, especially in Eastern Arunachal Pradesh. The University has enrolled students from all the 20 Districts of the State and nearby location of Assam. The infrastructural development of Main University Campus was commenced in January 2015, immediately after acquiring land and formal foundation stone laying ceremony in the month of Nov 2014. The University has adopted latest Pre-Feb Technology for the construction work to attain fast pace of construction. The University has already created State of Arts Infrastructure and facilities according to present needs of aforementioned Faculties. Another two buildings viz. Laboratory block and Agriculture and Science Block of the University will be completed by the Nov 2016 and June 2017 respectively.
The University has developed excellent infrastructure & facilities, and marked itself as the fastest growing institution of the North-East, gradually extending the facilities for all its stake holders; students, faculties and research workers.
INFRASTRUCTURE AND FACILITIES
- LOCATION: The University is situated on NH-52 at District Namsai and offers well connectivity. The campus offers a very pleasant, naturally green environment.
- CAMPUS: The Campus has state of the art infrastructure with elaborate class rooms, staff rooms, laboratories, canteen, playground, library, etc. The expansion activity of the University is in full swing.
- CANTEEN: The fully equipped canteen, serves hygienic food & beverages, using cereals and vegetables grown on its own land through organic farming.
- BOYS HOSTEL: University has a boy’s hostel facility with a capacity of 60, available on first-cum-first basis. The hostel has in-house mess facility. Future expansion is envisaged to accommodate more students.
- GIRLS HOSTEL: University has a girl’s hostel facility inside the campus with a capacity of 150, available on first cum first basis. The hostel has in-house mess facility. The premise is well secured with 24×7 security.
- FACULTY GUEST HOUSE: Separate male and female Faculty Guest Houses are provided to accommodate Faculty members.
- COMPUTER LAB: State of the art Computer Lab with internet facility for the students is functional.
- LIBRARY: The University has well equipped state of art Library for its students. More than 50,000 books/reference material is available in the Library for various courses.
- POWER BACK-UP: The Campus has 100% power back-up facility.
- DRINKING WATER: With emphasis on health and hygiene of its students, staff and visitors, purified drinking water plant and water coolers are installed.
- SPORTS: The campus has indoor and outdoor sports facilities for its students and staff.
- AUDIO-VISUAL ROOM: The campus has an audio-visual room where students can keep track of latest news & events.
- MEDICAL: The campus has a first-aid medical facility available in emergency.
ACCREDITATION AND TIE-UPS
- The University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and empowered to award certifications u/s 22 of UGC Act, 1956.
- The University is the Regular Member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The Certifications issued by the University are equivalent to the Certifications issued by the other Member Universities of AIU in India and its associated International Associations Abroad.
- The University is the First Institution of Arunachal Pradesh which has obtained approval from National Council for Teachers Education (NCTE) to conduct four years B.A.-B.Ed. and B.Sc.-B.Ed. programme. Apart from this the National Council for Teachers Education (NCTE) has accorded permission to conduct two years B.Ed. programme. The University has also applied for D.El.Ed. and M.Ed. programmes and may commence the same from Academic Session 2017-18 after the due approval of NCTE.
- The University is approved by Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) for conducting Special Education Programmes for Visual Impairment and Hearing Impairment. The Rehabilitation Council of India is organizing Capacity Building Programme Seminar in the University in the month of August, 2016.
- The University is approved by Bar Council of India for conducting B.A. LL.B. and LL.B. programmes.
- The University has already adopted National Skill Qualification Framework and National Vocational Educational Qualification Framework as recommended by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
- In accordance with the directions of University Grants Commission, the University has established University-Industry Inter-Linkage Centre for the purpose of academic improvements as per industrial requirements, apprenticeship and on-job training of University students. The University has also appointed the Director for UILC. The University under its Faculty of Skill Development & Vocational Studies has launched various programmes to impart skill development programmes to enhance employability skills of the students. The University has resolve to start skill development programmes at various places in the State of Arunachal Pradesh for the benefit of local community. The University has successfully done agreements with the following National level organizations:
- The University has become Training Provider under SMART (Skill Management and Accreditation of Training Centres) a scheme jointly announced by Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to promote Skill India movement as initiated by Government of India to empower youth of the country with skillsets that make them employable and more productive in their work environment.
- Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC), Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Govt. of India.
- National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD), Ministry of Skill Development& Entrepreneurship, Govt. of India.
- Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE), Ministry of Skill Development& Entrepreneurship, Govt. of India.
- National Council for Sports and Youth Development (NCYSD), New Delhi.
Board of Governors
|S. No.||Name of Member||Designation||Profile|
|1.||Shri Kamal Lochan||Chairman||Chancellor|
|2.||Prof. Krishan Gopal||Member||Pro-Chancellor|
|3.||Prof. V.K. Kawatra||Member||Vice Chancellor (Acting)|
|4.||Dr. Joram Begi||Member||Former Director, Directorate of Higher & Technical Education, Itanagar, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh|
|5.||Dr. Tejum Padu||Member||Director, Directorate of Higher & Technical Education, Itanagar, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh|
|6.||Shri. A.N. Sharma||Member||Former Deputy Secretary, University Grants Commission|
|7.||Shri. V.L. Agarwal||Member||Executive Director|
|8.||Shri Y.V. Agnihotri||Member||Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Training Expert|
|9.||Shri. Divyanshu Goel||Secretary||Registrar|
Board of Management
|S. No.||Name of Member||Designation||Profile|
|1.||Prof. V.K. Kawatra||Chairman||Vice-Chancellor (Acting)|
|2.||Dr. Tejum Padu||Member||Director, Directorate of Higher & Technical Education, Itanagar, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh|
|3.||Prof. S.K. Thakur||Member||Former Chairman, National Council for Teacher Education, New Delhi|
|4.||Prof. R.K. Pathak||Member||Former Director, Central Institute for Subtropical Horticulture, Lucknow (U.P.)|
|5.||Prof. Triochan Singh||Member||Former Chairman, State level Appraisal Committee (SEAC) Environment, Arunachal Pradesh|
|6.||Prof. A. Arunachalam||Member||Principal Scientist & Scientific Officer, Office of Secretary, DARE & Director General (ICAR), New Delhi|
|7.||Prof. D.N. Dhar||Member||Former Professor, Department of Chemistry, IIT, Kanpur (U.P.)|
|8.||Shri. A.K. Singh||Member||Soil & Construction Technologist, Director, M/s. Explore Engineering Consultants, Noida (U.P.)|
|9.||Prof. Meenal Mishra||Member||Professor, Geology, School of Sciences, Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi|
|10.||Shri. H.B. Sharma||Member||Former Under Secretary, University Grants Commission|
|11.||Shri. Divyanshu Goel||Secretary||Registrar|
In addition to above the University has constituted the following authorities for performing various functions: –
- i) Academic Council
- ii) Finance Committee
iii) Building and Works Committee
- iv) Planning Board
- v) Disciplinary Committee
- vi) International Advisory Committee for Management
vii) University-Industry Inter-Linkage Centre
The University has organised several events in the past for the benefit of different stake holders. Important events in partnership with the different ministries and departments of Government of India have been conducted: –
- 4th National Shuttlecock Championship 2012-13 on Mar 17, 2013.
- National Seminar on Strategy to Mitigate Disaster in North Eastern Region during November 30, 2013 to December 01, 2013.
- Training Program on Disaster Management between December 2-6, 2016.
- International Seminar on Economic Prosperity & Nutritional Security in North-Eastern Hill Regions through Horticulture between February 3-4, 2014.
- Skill-Up Gradation Training Programme in Organic Farming between February 5-7, 2014.
- INSPIRE programme sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India between June 23-27, 2014.
- National Conference on Domestication of Wild Edible Indigenous Goods for sustainable utilization on January 27-28, 2015.
- Earth Day on April 2, 2015.
- Personal Protection in an Earthquake Event on November 23, 2015.
- National Seminar titled Preamble to Indian Constitution: Importance and Relevance on November 26, 2015.
- Job Mela on December 18, 2015.
- Seminar on Capacity Building for Rehabilitation Professional for Persons with Disabilities in North East on September 7-9, 2016.
- Diagnostic and Fitment Camp of Hearing Impairment on September 9, 2016.
- Sensitization workshop on Hearing Impairment on September 10, 2016.
- Sensitization programme on Earthquake Disaster Awareness on Arunachal Pradesh between November 7-9, 2016.
The Arunachal University of Studies is situated in Namsai, known for its ethnic, linguistic, cultural, religious and physiographical diversity. It houses a sprawling green, eco-friendly campus of the university. The campus is exceptional both in terms of its physical beauty and an infrastructure including a multi-storied complex with provisions for elaborate IT enabled services, academic blocks, auditoria, conference cum seminar halls, audio visual recording rooms and other facilities. All these facilities are under construction and will be functional very soon. The University although situated in the lap of nature but still it will support high end technology for almost all official works and academic materials. All the processes ranging from admissions, examinations to result declarations, courseware packaging & dispatching are totally computerized. The campus is situated on an expanse of 30 acres and shall be stretched to 100 acres in the next two years.
Receive latest news and updates about Arunachal UNIVERSITY of Studies Namsai through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
Infrastructure & Facilities
- Land: The University has 11.47 Hectare (approximately 30 Acres) of Land on main highway NH-52, Dist. Namsai.
- Existing Premises Details: Presently the University has a premise of around 2500 Sq. Mts. consisting of well-equipped classrooms, staff room, laboratory etc.
- New Premises: The University is constructing its new Academic block with an area of 3,500 Sq. Mts. and shall be operational in the year 2015. Further the University plans to construct a total of 15,000 Sq. Mts. by the year 2019.
- Canteen: The University has a well-equipped canteen and serving hygienic food & beverages. The University prefers to use cereals and vegetables grown on its own land through organic farming.
- Boys Hostel: The University has a boy’s hostel facility with a capacity of 60 beds available on first cum first basis. The hostel has in-house mess facility. Further the University is planning to expand the hostel facilities to accommodate more students.
- Girls Hostel: The University has a girl’s hostel facility inside the campus with a capacity of 60 beds available on first cum first basis. The hostel has in-house mess facility. The premise is well secured with 24×7 security available for the safety of female students.
- Faculty Guest House: The University has separate Male and Female Guest Houses to accommodate faculty members respectively.
- Computer Lab: The University has state of the art computer lab for the students with internet facility.
- Library: The University has well equipped state of art library to cater the educational need of its students. Currently there are more than 10,000 books/ reference material available in the library for various courses.
- Power Back-Up: The University campus has 100% power back-up facilities for uninterrupted functioning of University activities.
- Drinking Water: The University emphasizes the health and hygiene of its students, staff and visitors and facilitated purified drinking water plant and water coolers.
- Sports: The campus has indoor and outdoor sports facilities for its students and staff.
- Audio-Video Room: The campus has an audio-video room where students can keep track of latest news& events.
- Medical: The campus has a first-aid medical facility available for the patient. Further in case of any emergency the University can assist in transporting the patient to the nearby hospital.
- Security: The campus has a 24×7 security available.