I WANT A CALL FROM THIS INSTITUTE
Founded in 1961, Anand Agricultural University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the the suburban setting of the large town of Anand (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), Gujarat. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, Anand Agricultural University (AAU) is a very small (enrollment range: 1,000-1,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Anand Agricultural University (AAU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. This 56 years old H.E. institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations. The admission rate range is 50-60% making this Indian higher education organization a averagely selective institution. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment. AAU also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, as well as administrative services.
Anand Agricultural University (AAU) was established in 2004 at Anand with the support of the Government of Gujarat, Act No.(Guj 5 of 2004) dated April 29, 2004. Caved out of the erstwhile Gujarat Agricultural University (GAU), the dream institution of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Dr. K. M. Munshi, the AAU was set up to provide support to the farming community in three facets namely education, research and extension activities in Agriculture, Horticulture Engineering, product Processing and Home Science. At present there seven Colleges, seventeen Research Centers and six Extension Education Institute working in nine districts of Gujarat namely Ahmedabad, Anand, Dahod, Kheda, Panchmahal, Vadodara, Mahisagar, Botad and Chhotaudepur
AAU’s activities have expanded to span newer commodity sectors such as soil health card, bio-diesel, medicinal plants apart from the mandatory ones like rice, maize, tobacco, vegetable crops, fruit crops, forage crops, animal breeding, nutrition and dairy products etc. the core of AAU’s operating philosophy however, continues to create the partnership between the rural people and committed academic as the basic for sustainable rural development. In pursuing its various programmes AAU’s overall mission is to promote sustainable growth and economic independence in rural society. AAU aims to do this through education, research and extension education. Thus, AAU works towards the empowerment of the farmers.
- To impart relevant education to the students in agriculture and allied fields.
- To conduct research in order to improve the productivity of rural areas.
- To undertake basic research to make breakthrough in newer areas of knowledge.
- To provide opportunity to observe and understand the life of rural people.
- To enable the students to insulate the attitudes and develop skill relevant for grass-root work.
Anand Agricultural University (AAU) is located in the western Indian state of Gujarat between the cities of Vadodara and Ahmedabad. This was formerly the Anand Campus of Gujarat Agricultural University, which is now independent. It has three constituent colleges, for agriculture, veterinary science and animal husbandry and dairy science. The jurisdiction of the university covers Kheda, Anand, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Dahod and Panchmahal districts. It was set up to provide education support to the farming community in areas such as Agriculture, Horticulture, Engineering, Information technology and Business Studies. The university aims to promote development in rural areas through education, research and support services.AAU has played an instrumental role in the development of some of the most renowned varieties of groundnut,cotton and castor.
Centers for Education
- Bansilal Amritlal College of Agriculture, Anand
- Sheth M. C. College of Dairy Science, Anand
- College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Anand
- College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology, Godhara
- College of Agricultural Information Technology, Anand
- College of Food Processing Technology and Bio Energy, Anand
- College of Horticulture, Anand (Established as wing under B.A. College of Agriculture)
- College and Polytechnic of Agriculture, Vaso (Established as wing under B.A. College of Agriculture)
- College of Agriculture, Jabuagm (Established as wing under B.A. College of Agriculture)
- Sheth M. C. Polytechnic in Agriculture, Anand
- Polytechnic in Horticulture, Vadodara
- Polytechnic in Agricultural Engineering, Dahod
- Polytechnic in Food Science and Home Economics, Anand
- Regional Research Station, Anand
- Bidi Tobacco Research Station, Anand
- Main Forage Research Station, Anand
- Reproductive Biology Research Unit, Anand
- Main Vegetable Research Station, Anand
- Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Research Center, Anand
- Bio control Project, Anand
- Weed Control Project, Anand
- Micronutrient Project, Anand
- Animal Nutrition Research, Anand
- Center of Excellence in Agricultural Biotechnology, Anand
- AINP on Pesticide Residues, ICAR, Unit-9
- Rice Research Station
- Main Maize Research Station, Godhara
- Regional Research Station, Arnej
- Agricultural Research Station, Dahod
- Regional Cotton Research Station, Viramgam
- Agricultural Research Station, Derol
- Agricultural Research Station, Dhandhuka
- Agricultural Research Station for Irrigated Crops, Thasra
- Pulse Research Station, Vadodara
- Paddy Research Station, Dabhoi
- Castor and Seed Spices Research Station, Sanand
- Narmada Irrigation Research station, Khandha