I WANT A CALL FROM THIS INSTITUTE
Founded in 2012, All India Institute of Medical Sciences Raipur is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the the urban setting of the large city of Raipur (population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants), Chhattisgarh. Officially accredited/recognized by the Department of Higher Education of the Ministry of Human Resources Development, India, All India Institute of Medical Sciences Raipur (AIMSR) is a coeducational higher education institution. All India Institute of Medical Sciences Raipur (AIMSR) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees in several areas of study. AIMSR also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including as well as administrative services.
AIIMS, Raipur is located on GE Road, near the Tatibandh Gurudwara in Raipur. Built at a cost of ₹840 crore (US$120 million), AIIMS Raipur is spread over an area of 103.63 acres (0.4 km2), where the hospital and college complex occupies 63.85 acres (0.3 km2) while residential complex is on 39.78 acres (0.2 km2).
Being located in an easily accessible location in the major city of Raipur, the institute answers to the medical needs of a majority of the population of Central India including Chhattisgarh, parts of eastern Maharashtra (Vidarbha Region), Madhya Pradesh and Odisha.
- The institute admitted its first batch of 50 MBBS students in September 2012. Since 2013 it admits 100 MBBS students per year.
- The 930 bedded hospital is working since February 2014.
- The Institute is currently operating as the leading tertiary care centre in the state of Chhattisgarh, with expert doctors from different branches of Medicine and Surgery continuously working to provide better healthcare services to the underserved population of Chhattisgarh.
- Facilities available at AIIMS Raipur include low cost medical care and treatment, state of art Operation Theatres, IPD services, Emergency Services*, AYUSH Services (to address the needs of patients through Ayurveda, Homeopathy, etc).
- The sprawling campus comprises The Hospital Block( consisting of the Main Building, Trauma Block, OPD and Admin Block), AYUSH Block, Mortuary, Medical College, Nursing College and separate Hostels for Boys, Girls, Nursing Staff, Residents and Interns.
- The AIIMS Cricket Ground, Badminton Court, Volleyball Court, Open Gymnasium, etc aid in the all round development of students and staff.
- Foundation Day is traditionally celebrated on the 24th of September each year, which includes Cultural and Sports events followed by felicitation of rank holders of exams held throughout the year.
- The first batch of MBBS passed out in December 2016 and the year long Internship started on the 1st of January 2017, making AIIMS Raipur one of the earliest Medical Institutes in India to begin Internships for the session.
Awards and Recognition
- Central Library, AIIMS Raipur was awarded the ERMED usage award by National Medical Library in 2016.
- AIIMS Raipur received the Kayakalp Award by the MOHFW for being one of the cleanest hospitals in the country.
- Dr CT Thakar Award
Festivals and Events
The Foundation Day, 24 September is the most important and celebrated day in the AIIMS Raipur calendar. Various other events have taken place since the birth of the Institute that include:
- AIIMS Premier League- Annual Cricket League with active participation from students, staff and Faculty; it is the largest sport event of the Institute. The first edition was held in 2015 and Batch 2012 emerged champions.
- Iridescence- Cultural Festival of AIIMS Raipur, with students divided in three houses- Illuminati, Oracle and Legion for participating in various contests. The first edition of the event was won by House Illuminati in the year 2015.
Other festivals like Holi, Diwali, Ganesh Chaturthi, Id, Onam, etc are celebrated with enthusiasm and zeal.
All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Act, 2012
This All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Act, 2012 has replaced the Ordinance which allowed the six AIIMS—like institutes to become operational from September 2012. The All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Bill, 2012, was introduced in the Lok Sabha on 27 August 2012. Lok Sabha passed the AIIMS (Amendment) Bill, 2012 on 30 August 2012.Bill was then introduced in Rajya Sabha on 3 September 2012. Rajya Sabha passed the Bill on 4 September 2012. Bill got its assent from the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee on 12 September 2012 and the Act came into force. The proposed measure will help the Centre change the status of the six new AIIMS registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act to be autonomous body corporate on the lines of the existing AIIMS in Delhi.AIIMS(Amendment)
|Address||Tatibandh, G. E. Road