I WANT A CALL FROM THIS INSTITUTE
Founded in 2012, All India Institute of Medical Sciences Bhopal is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the the urban setting of the large city of Bhopal (population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants), Madhya Pradesh. Officially accredited/recognized by the Department of Higher Education of the Ministry of Human Resources Development, India, All India Institute of Medical Sciences Bhopal is a coeducational higher education institution. All India Institute of Medical Sciences Bhopal offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees in several areas of study. All India Institute of Medical Sciences Bhopal also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including as well as administrative services.
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences Bhopal (AIIMS Bhopal) is a medical research public university located in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. It is one of the seven AIIMS apex healthcare institutes being established by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojna(PMSSY).The Institute operates autonomously under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (India). AIIMS Bhopal’s hospital was inaugurated on 26 January 2013
- AIIMS Bhopal launched its first academic department, community and family medicine (CFM) in September 2012. The department of CFM would offer a three-year MD in family practice to a large number of graduates. AIIMS Bhopal held the first academic seminar on 21 September 2012. The main speaker at the international seminar was Dean Brenner, who is a scientist at the University of Michigan in the USA
- AIIMS Bhopal formed the Institute Body (IB), the highest decision-making group in July 2013. Each of the six new AIIMS coming up in different states would have their own IB modelled on AIIMS, New Delhi.
- The Telemedicine Centre was established on 2 October 2013. Dr Surya Bali is working as Nodal Officer of the Telemedicine Centre. Telemedicine incorporates direct clinical, preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic services and treatment; consultative and follow-up services; remote monitoring of patients; rehabilitative services; and patient education. In-patient services commenced at AIIMS Bhopal from 5 September 2014
- The foundation day of AIIMS Bhopal was celebrated on 20/01/2015. Chief Minister of state Shri. Shivraj Singh Chouhan was the chief guest of the occasion.
- A 4-bedded state-of-the-art Sleep Lab was inaugurated by the Director, Prof. Nitin M Nagarkar, on 19 June 2015. The facility treats patients suffering from various sleep disorders. The facility also includes a Pediatric Sleep Lab, which is a first of its kind in India.
- AIIMS Bhopal started online OPD registrations on 04/03/2016 via Online Registration System(ORS) which comes under Ministry of Communications and IT. AIIMS Bhopal is the first hospital from Madhya Pradesh to get enrolled in ORS.
- Department of Pharmacology conducted the inaugural edition of Pharmquest-Inter College Pharmacology Quiz in the year 2014. One year later, Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology conducted first edition of Forensic quiz – Autopsy Quiz Forense. Department of Obstretics and Gynaecology conducted first state level inter college Obstretics and Gynaecology Quiz competition – ZYGOTE 2016 on 16 April 2016. The first and second positions were bagged by teams from AIIMS Bhopal.
- In January 2017, the organisation announced that it hoped to add 350 more inpatient beds by March by constructing an extension to the hospital building.
The AIIMS Bhopal logo signifies the light of erudition spreading all over, emanating from abode of stupa of Sanchi. Sanchi, in Sanskrit literally means – ‘to measure’ and represents complete harmony between mind, body and soul. The two serpents – signify the two shades of human existence which physicians encounter – Life & Death, Health & Disease. The saying “Sharirmadhyam khalu dharmasadhanam” has been quoted from a dramatic poem called Kumarasambhavam by Mahakavi Kalidasa. It means ” a healthy body is the means of fulfilments of dharma that is duty”. The olive branch symbolizes peaceful living.
As of 2016, a total of 450 medical students are pursuing their MBBS courses (undergraduate). 240 nursing students are pursuing nursing degrees. PG programs in the institute started from January, 2017. The first batch of AIIMS Bhopal (MBBS 2012) passed out and started their year long internship in the first week of January 2017.
The Guest House
AIIMS Bhopal has a 14-room functioning Guest House. All rooms are double bedded and have internet facility. Two of the rooms are suites.