University of Engineering and Technology Roorkee Uttarakhand : This university was the first private engineering college in the state of Uttarakhand started by noted industrialist JC Jain. Over the years it has earned a reputation as one of the finest engineering colleges in India.
It has been offering education in Engineering, Management, Computer Application, Commerce, and Agriculture through state of art infrastructure and eminent faculty members.
It has produced alumni who are working in the premier position in India and abroad. The university offers a diverse basket of programs in higher education through four schools.
University of Engineering and Technology Roorkee is a world-renowned institution. It has successfully collaborated with multiple programs as well as universities across the world. Below are some of the mentioned universities and programs.
- Development library network.
- National Programme on Technology-Enhanced Learning.
- Computer Society of India.
- Kuban State Agrarian University, Russia.
University of Engineering and Technology Roorkee offers multiple specializations under the courses of four departments. Those four departments are.
- Department of Computing.
- Department of Business Studies.
- Department of Smart Agriculture Science.
- Department of Creative Arts and Design.
University of Engineering and Technology, Roorkee offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral-level degree courses with major specializations.
Courses in university offer a number of distinguishing features such as
- A choice-based credit system that allows the student to select their course of interest.
- In each semester there is an emphasis on practical skilling through project-based learning.
- The student is encouraged to write research papers even at the undergraduate level.
- There are several opportunities for internships in India and abroad.
- At the end of each year, a confidence level certificate is awarded in all programs, and credits earned are saved in the academic calendar as per national educational policy.
|School of Computing||
|School of Business Studies||
|School of Smart Agriculture Science||
|School of Creatives Arts & Design||
Undergraduate and Diploma Courses Admission Process
University of Engineering and Technology Roorkee has provided candidates with the option of Diploma and undergraduate courses. Candidates interested in getting admission to a diploma course must fulfil specific eligibility requirements. Also, for getting admission in B.Tech courses the candidate must have scored good marks in the 10+2 and JEE mains exams.
There are three diploma-level courses provided by the institute.
A diploma in Civil Engineering, Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, and Diploma in Electrical Engineering. Below are some of the pointers important for the successful admission process.
- Admission to the Diploma course is given on the basis of a merit list prepared by the institute itself.
- The candidate must have successfully completed the 10th class examination to be eligible for diploma admissions.
- For undergraduate B.Tech courses, the admission is purely on the basis of marks scored in JEE Mains.
- In B.Tech admissions, the Availability of seats, Category, and Choice Selected also play a vital role.
- The merit list for B.Tech courses is also released by the institute itself.
- The counselling process is not online. The candidate has to participate by visiting University Campus.
- The final step is the submission of the application form and the payment of application form fees.
The below table explains the diploma and B tech courses in detail. It also highlights the minimum eligibility criteria and the selection procedure for a particular course.
|Course Name||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Procedure|
|Diploma in Civil Engineering.||The candidate must have passed 10th class exams with a minimum of 50% marks.||Merit-based|
|Diploma In Electrical Engineering.||The candidate must have passed 10th class exams with a minimum of 50% marks.||Merit-based|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.||The candidate must have passed 10th class exams with a minimum of 50% marks.||Merit-based|
|B.Tech||The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC ST categories) with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths as the main subjects in the 12th standard.||Merit-based|
|BBA||The candidate must have passed 12th class exams from a recognized board.||Merit-based|
|B.Com.||The candidate must have passed 12th class exams from a recognized board||Merit-based|
|BCA||The candidate must have passed with a minimum of 45% marks with Mathematics as a main subject in the 12th standard.||Merit-based|
Post Graduation Courses and Admission
Management courses are also taught by the University of Engineering and Technology Roorkee. A dedicated management department is available in this institution which offers candidates with MBA, MCA, and M.Tech courses.
The GATE entrance exam is required for the candidate interested in M.Tech admissions. A merit list is made for admissions in these post-graduation courses. There are multiple eligibility requirements that are to be matched for getting admitted to post-graduation courses. Those are.
- The GATE admission test is mandatory for admissions in M.Tech courses.
- For MBA and MCA, admissions are purely on the basis of a merit list made with the marks scored in qualifying examinations.
The counselling and seat allotment process for all these courses is conducted by the university at the campus itself.
The candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in graduation courses.
Official and original documents must be attached with the application form.
Online payment/demand draft fee must be paid for the application form.
The below table list all the three post-graduation courses, with the minimum eligibility criteria and the selection procedure followed by the University.
|Course Name||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Procedure|
|MBA||The candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in graduation degree. The degree obtained must be from a recognized Institute/ University.||Merit-based|
|M.Tech||The candidate must have scored a minimum of 45% marks in the graduation degree of a relevant field. GATE exam is also mandatory.||Merit-based|
|MCA||The candidate must have passed Graduation from a recognized college with 50% marks and must have had Mathematics as the main subject in 10+2 standard.||Merit-based|
Fee Structure Overview
The duration of diploma or degree courses and the total course fee is mentioned in the table below. The candidates can get an overview. The fee structure may vary according to the guidelines issued by the university.
|Course Name||Duration||Fee (Total Course)|
|B.Tech CSE||4 Years||5.21 Lakhs INR|
|B.Tech Information Technology.||4 Years||5.21 Lakhs INR|
|B.Tech Civil Engineering.||4 Years||5.21 Lakhs INR|
|B.Tech Mechanical Engineering.||4 Years||5.21 Lakhs INR|
|BBA||3 Years||2.06 Lakhs INR|
|BCA||3 Years||2.06 Lakhs INR|
|Diploma in Civil Engineering.||3 Years||1.60 Lakhs INR|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.||3 Years||1.60 Lakhs INR|
|MCA||3 Years||3.58 Lakhs INR|
|MBA||2 Years||2.44 Lakhs INR|
Along with the application form, there are multiple documents that are required to be presented to the university officials by the candidates. The below list mentions all the important ones.
- Marksheet of class 10th and 12th classes with correct name displayed.
- Diploma or Degree Certificate.
- Identity proof of the candidate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Migration Certificate (if required).
- Two colour-size passport photographs.
- GATE exam scorecard.
- JEE mains exam scorecard.
Placements at Campus
University of Engineering and Technology, Roorkee has entered in collaboration with a major university in the USA. UETR has also signed the MOU with the famous central building research institute Roorkee.
These linkages are aimed at bringing the best knowledge and skills to university students. Following are the tie-up mentioned.
- Tech Mahindra
Along with its prestigious education faculty, the University of Engineering and Technology Roorkee also offers candidates tremendous facilities. Below mentioned are some of the notable facilities provided within the campus.
- Sports Auditoriums.
- Banking facilities.
- Health and Medical facilities.
- Labs with the latest technology equipment.
- Cafeteria facilities.
- Campus transportation facilities.
There are multiple ways one can reach the University of Engineering and Technology Roorkee admissions department. The below table lists the address, helpline number, and the online mail address which helps the candidates to reach the university officials.