Manakula Vinayagar Medical College is a leading private medical college in Puducherry and was established in 2006.
Right now this college has been offering MBBS, MD and MS courses to candidates. MBBS intake capacity of the college is 150 seats.
The affiliated university of the medical college is Pondicherry University and the official website to browse the various details of the medical college is https://smvmch.ac.in/.
DIRECTORATE OF HIGHER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION CENTRALISED ADMISSION COMMITTEE (CENTAC) is the MBBS counselling authority body of the medical college.
Candidates can browse the Manakula Vinayagar Medical College courses, fee, cutoff, admission, eligibility, ranking, counselling, and facilities from the above article.
- 1 Key Highlights of Manakula Vinayagar Medical College
- 2 Courses Offered
- 3 Admission Procedure
- 4 Cutoff
- 5 Reputation and Ranking of Manakula Vinayagar Medical College
- 6 Facilities of Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital, Pondicherry
- 7 MBBS Syllabus in Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital, Pondicherry
- 8 The Bottom Line
- 9 Contact Information
Key Highlights of Manakula Vinayagar Medical College
|Name of College||Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital, Pondicherry|
|Popular Name||Manakula Vinayagar Medical College|
|Courses Available||MBBS, MD, MS|
|Entrance Required||NEET UG, NEET PG, NEET SS|
|Approval||National Medical Commission|
|MBBS Intake Capacity||150|
|Affiliated University||Pondicherry University|
|MBBS Counselling Conducting Authority||DIRECTORATE OF HIGHER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION CENTRALISED ADMISSION COMMITTEE (CENTAC)|
Affiliation, Approval & Ranking
- Affiliated With Pondicherry University
- Approved By: National Medical Commission
MCI Status & Recognition
Permitted for 150 seats. Continuation of recognition granted to 150 seats when degree awarded on or after 2016-17. Renewal of permission for admitting 150 students granted for 2021-22.
- Manakula Vinayagar Medical College fee structure for the UG and PG courses is given in this section. MBBS, MD, and MS course duration and intake capacity are given in this section. Therefore, if you want to know more details about the college courses and fee structure then check or review this table.
- Fee Details for UG courses are mentioned in the above section. With this, you can understand the things about the courses and the fee structure of the courses.
UG Course & Intake Capacity
MD/MS Intake Capacity
|MD (Anaesthesiology)||2||M.D. (Dentistry)||–|
|M.D. (Dermatology)||4||M.S. (E.N.T.)||3|
|M.D. General Medicine||10||MS (Obs & Gym)||2|
|M.S. (Opthalmology)||3||M.S. (Orthopaedics)||3|
|M.D. (Paediatrics)||6||M.D. (Psychiatry)||3|
|M.D. (Radiology)||6||M.S. (General Surgery)||4|
|MD (TB & Chest)||2||Forensic Medicine and Toxicology||4|
|M.D. (Microbiology)||4||M.D. (Pathology)||5|
|M.D. (Pharmacology)||4||M.D. (Biochemistry)||2|
|M.D. (Physiology)||4||M.D. (Community Medicine)||3|
Complete the registration for the course entrance test for which you want to apply in Manakula Vinayagar Medical College.
Pay the registration fee and print the registration form for future reference. The next thing that you need to know is the qualified course-associated entrance test. For example, if you want to apply for an MBBS course, then you have to register and qualify NEET-UG examination.
Eligibility, Entrance & Academic Qualification
|Courses||Entrance Name||Academic Qualification|
Class 10+2 With Science Stream
50% Marks for General Category in 10+2
45% Marks for OBC Category in 10+2
40% Marks for SC Category in 10+2
MD, MS & PG Diploma Courses
MBBS from a Recognized University from MCI
50% Marks in MBBS
- The Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) is an official body that conducts Puducherry MBBS Counselling every year on the basis of NEET Marks.
- Candidates who want to participate in Puducherry NEET UG Counselling, are required to qualify NEET Exam according to the percentile, rank, and marks scored in the NEET Exam.
- Puducherry NEET UG Exam Counselling conducts through the online mode. Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) is responsible for counselling of Puducherry MBBS 85% seats under state quota and 100% seats in self-financing colleges in Puducherry.
- Candidates who have names on Puducherry NEET Meir List will be called by the authority.
Puducherry MBBS Counselling Criteria
|Seat distribution||Counselling authority||Name of counselling|
|Seats under 15% All India Quota||MCC||NEET counselling|
|Seats in central/deemed universities||MCC||NEET counselling by MCC|
|Seats under 85% state quota||DIRECTORATE OF HIGHER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION CENTRALISED ADMISSION COMMITTEE (CENTAC)||MBBS counselling|
|All seats in private colleges||DIRECTORATE OF HIGHER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION CENTRALISED ADMISSION COMMITTEE (CENTAC)||NEET counselling|
Puducherry NEET UG Counselling Fee
|Round||Free Exit||Exit with forfeiture of fees||Ineligible for further counselling||Amount of Registration Fee|
|SECOND||No||If not joined||If joined||Government Quota – Rs. 10,000(5000/- for SC/ST/OBC/EBC/MBC/ BCM/BT) Management Quota – Rs.1,00,000|
|MOP UP||No||–||If joined||–|
Punjab MBBS Counselling Procedure
Firstly, visit the Puducherry NEET Counselling DIRECTORATE OF HIGHER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION CENTRALISED ADMISSION COMMITTEE (CENTAC) official website such as: https://www.centacpuducherry.in/ . Candidates are required to browse the tab of Puducherry NEET UG Counselling. Click on the registration link and add the details asked in the application form. Add your name and NEET exam details. Candidates are required to pay the Puducherry Counselling Fee.
2). Puducherry NEET Merit List
Wait for the Puducherry Merit List. If your name came on the list, then download the call letter from the official site. Puducherry NEET Merit List is prepared on the basis of NEET exam marks and rank.
3). Choice Filling & Submission
On the other hand, the next step is choice filling and submission. You have to fill in the name of colleges in the preference list. Fill in your choice and lock your choice.
4). Seat Allotment
Check the round 1 and round 2 counselling results and proceed for the step of seat allotment. If your name came in the first round of Puducherry Counselling or the second round then submit your documents and fee at the college.
5). Reporting to College
If you are satisfied with the allotted college name from the first round and second round counselling result of Puducherry then report to the college with a fee.
Puducherry NEET UG Counselling Fee
|Vertical Reservation||% Reservation|
|Other Backward Classes||11%|
|Backward Classes Muslims||2%|
|Most Backward Classes||18%|
|Extreme backward Classes||2%|
|Children/Grand Children of Freedom||4%|
|Wards of Ex-Servicemen||1% and 3 % **|
|Candidate who are Meritorious in Sports||1%|
Documents Required For Manakula Vinayagar Medical College MBBS Admission
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Eight passport size photographs
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- NEET Application Form
MBBS Internship Stages to Know in Manakula Vinayagar Medical College
1). Manakula Vinayagar Medical College cutoff for the UG and PG courses admission is a base factor for the candidates that need to know. Therefore, if you are thinking to know about the admission chances in the college then review this table of course cutoffs.
2). Round 1 and Round 2 MBBS Cutoff of Manakula Vinayagar Medical College category wise mentioned in the above section. Once you know about the last 2 years’ cutoff trends of the college then you can also get an idea about the admission to the college.
Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital Pondicherry Cutoff
|Category||Round||2019 Cutoff by rank||2020 Cutoff by rank|
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
Reputation and Ranking of Manakula Vinayagar Medical College
1). Manakula Vinayagar Medical College’s ranking and reputation plays important role in the credibility of the medical college for medicine study. Pursuing an MBBS course from this college is the best thing for the candidates because they can learn ultimate study goals.
2). Manakula Vinayagar Medical College’s infrastructure of the medical college is excellent and that’s why candidates must know about the college’s facilities of the college.
3). Experience faculty is working in the college and placement opportunities are also wide in the college.
Facilities of Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital, Pondicherry
1). Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital, Pondicherry facilities are given in this section. If you are thinking of determining the college facilities then you have to take care of all those things that you need to know about the college facility.
2). The hospital of the college has a facility of Blood Bank and OPD services. Therefore, you can check the details of college facilities from the review tab.
MBBS Syllabus in Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital, Pondicherry
- Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital, Pondicherry MBBS Syllabus is a vital thing to understand for the candidates because when they don’t know about the course syllabus then they can’t understand the various things about the course subjects.
- Here are the details of MBBS subjects covered that you need to know if you are thinking to pursue this course from the college. When it comes to knowing about the subjects covered during the MBBS syllabus, then we can say that you have to check these things given here.
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Clinical postings inwards
- OPDs to begin here
- Community Medicine
- Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)
- Obst. Gynae
- Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology, E.N.T. Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics)
The Bottom Line
Therefore, these are the things that you need to know about Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital, Pondicherry course and admission process. It is a leading and primary medical college in Pondicherry and that’s why most of the candidates are trying to get admission to this college. Hence, make sure that your marks in NEET UG and NEET PG exams are according to the merit list to apply for the admission counselling of the course. We hope this information is valuable for you to understand the various things about this medical college.