Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences, Kanyakumari is a leading private medical college in Tamil Nadu. The college is located in Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu. The popular name of the college is SMISM, Kanyakumari. MBBS, MD, and MS Courses are offered by the medical college. This medical college was established in 1985. The medical college is approved by the national medical commission and the MBBS intake capacity is 250 students. Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education & Research(Deemed to be a University), Chennai is the affiliated university of the college.
If you are thinking to get more information about Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences, Kanyakumari Courses, Fee Structure, Eligibility, Admission, Cutoff, Result, Ranking, Rating, and Facilities, then read this article to know more.
- 1 Key Highlights of Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences, Kanyakumari
- 2 Courses Offered
- 3 Fee Structure
- 4 Admission Procedure
- 5 Cut Off
- 6 Reputation and Ranking of SMIMS, Kanyakumari
- 7 Facilities of SMIMS, Kanyakumari
- 8 MBBS Syllabus in Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences, Kanyakumari
- 9 The Bottom Line
- 10 Contact Information
Key Highlights of Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences, Kanyakumari
|Name of College||Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences, Kanyakumari|
|Location||Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu|
|Popular Name||SMIMS, Kanyakumari|
|Category||Private Medical College in Tamil Nadu|
|Courses Available||MBBS, MD, MS|
|Entrance Required||NEET UG, NEET PG, NEET SS|
|Approval||National Medical Commission|
|MBBS Intake Capacity||250|
|Affiliated University||Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education & Research(Deemed to be University), Chennai|
|MBBS Counselling Conducting Authority||DME Tamil Nadu|
|DME Tamil Nadu Official Website||https://tnmedicalselection.net/|
Affiliation, Approval & Ranking
- Affiliated With Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education & Research(Deemed to be University), Chennai
- Approved By: National Medical Commission
MCI Status & Recognition
Recognized for 150 seats when degree awarded on or after 2014-2015. Renewal of recognition with an increase in seats from 150 to 250 when degree awarded on or after 2016-2017. Renewal of permission for admission of 250 seats granted for 2021-2022.
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences, Kanyakumari Courses, and Fee Structure are mentioned here. If you have any doubt regarding the courses and fee structure of the college, then check the below table and know more about this concern. First of all, this medical college is offering both UG and PG courses to students.
PG Course & Intake Capacity
PG Degree Courses (M.D. Medicine)
PG Degree Courses (M.S. Surgery)
|Courses||Govt. Quota Fee||Manag. Quota Fee||NRI Quota Fee||NRI Lapsed|
- The admission process to Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences, Kanyakumari is online.
- Firstly, the candidate is required to fill the associated entrance test with the course.
- Appear in the entrance examination and qualify for exam
- Participate in the counselling round
- Once your name came in the merit list as per cut off and merit list then submit your documents and fee.
Eligibility, Entrance & Academic Qualification
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences, Kanyakumari admission eligibility and required entrance that candidates need to clear for the various courses is mentioned below. Hence, if you have any doubts, then you can clear your doubt by reviewing this section.
|Courses||Entrance Name||Academic Qualification|
Class 10+2 With Science Stream
50% Marks for General Category in 10+2
45% Marks for OBC Category in 10+2
40% Marks for SC Category in 10+2
MD, MS & PG Diploma Courses
MBBS from a Recognized University from MCI
50% Marks in MBBS
Documents Required For Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences, Kanyakumari MBBS Admission
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Eight passport size photographs
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- NEET Application Form
MBBS Internship Stages to Know in SMIMS, Kanyakumari
- The Directorate of Medical Education DME, Tamil Nadu is an official body that conducts Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling every year on the basis of NEET Marks. Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS Counselling conduct for the admission in 8,000 MBBS and 2,873 BDS Seats.
- Candidates who want to participate in Tamil Nadu NEET UG Counselling, are required to qualify NEET Exam according to the percentile, rank, and marks scored in the NEET Exam.
- Tamil Nadu NEET UG Exam Counselling conducts through the online mode. DME is responsible for counselling Tamil Nadu MBBS with 85% seats under state quota and 100% seats in self-financing colleges in Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates who have names on Tamil Nadu NEET Meir List will be called by the authority.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling Criteria
|Seat distribution||Counselling authority||Name of counselling|
|Seats under 15% All India Quota||MCC||NEET 2021 counselling|
|Seats in central/deemed universities||MCC||NEET counselling by MCC|
|Seats under 85% state quota||DME, Tamil Nadu||MBBS counselling 2021|
|All seats in private colleges||DME, Tamil Nadu||NEET counselling|
Seat Category of MBBS Counselling
|Category||Type of College|
|A||All seats in government medical colleges, Rajah Muthiah Medical College, Government Erode Medical College & Hospital, and ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR.|
|B||Seats under government quota in self-financing medical colleges|
|C||Seats in government dental colleges|
|D||Seats in Rajah Muthiah Dental College and government quota seats in self-financing dental colleges|
|E||Management/NRI quota seats in self-financing medical colleges.|
|F||Minority seats in self-financing medical/dental colleges.|
|G||Management/NRI seats in self-financing dental colleges.|
|H||Seats in Christian Medical College, Vellore|
Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling Procedure
Click on the registration link and add the details asked in the application form. Add your name and NEET exam details. Candidates are required to pay the Tamil Nadu Counselling Fee which is 500 government medical colleges and 1000 for self-financing colleges in the favor of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10”.
2). Tamil Nadu NEET Merit List
Wait for the Tamil Nadu Merit List. If your name came on the list, then download the call letter from the official site. Tamil Nadu NEET Merit List is prepared on the basis of NEET exam marks and rank.
3). Choice Filling & Submission
On the other hand, the next step is choice filling and submission. You have to fill in the name of colleges in the preference list. Fill in your choice and lock your choice.
4). Seat Allotment
Check the round 1 and round 2 counselling results and proceed for the step of seat allotment. If your name came in the first round of Tamil Nadu Counselling or the second round then submit your documents and fee at the college.
5). Reporting to College
If you are satisfied with the allotted college name from the first round and second round counselling result of Tamil Nadu then report to the college with a fee.
SMIMS, Kanyakumari Cutoff is an important thing or major query of the students that they need to know if they want to know about the admission chances in the college. With the last year, college admission marks and closing ranks you can know more about the college estimate rank.
Tamil Nadu PG Cut Off 2021
|Opening Marks||Closing Marks|
|M.S. General Surgery||376||453|
|M.S. Obstetrics and Gynaecology||397.8||NIL|
|Opening Marks||Closing Marks|
|M.S. General Surgery||367||NIL|
Sree Mookambika Institute Of Medical Sciences Cutoff
|Category||Round||2020 Cut-off by rank|
|Category||Cutoff percentile||Cutoff marks|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||302|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||283|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||265|
Reputation and Ranking of SMIMS, Kanyakumari
SMIMS, Kanyakumari reputation, and ranking is listed here. If you have any doubt about the ranking and reputation of the medical college, then check the given table and clear your doubt easily. This table is enough to clear the doubts of the candidates.
Facilities of SMIMS, Kanyakumari
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences, Kanyakumari facilities are mentioned below, and if you are thinking to check more details about the available facilities in the medical college. There are so many facilities in the medical college such as a library, hostel, and library.
MBBS Syllabus in Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences, Kanyakumari
Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences, Kanyakumari MBBS Syllabus is mentioned below and if you want to know more about the subjects covered and topics during the MBBS Syllabus. MBBS is a major course of the college.
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Clinical postings inwards
- OPDs to begin here
- Community Medicine
- Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)
- Obst. Gynae
- Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology, E.N.T. Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics)
The Bottom Line
Thus, these details are enough for the candidates to know more about Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences, Kanyakumari Courses, Admission, Eligibility, Ranking, Cutoff, Fee Structure, and Counselling. This medical college is one of the top private deemed to be universities in Tamil Nadu.