Shija Academy of Health Sciences is a top medical college in Manipur and known as the private medical college of the state.
The college was established in 2021 and according to the approval of the National Medical Commission college MBBS intake capacity is 150. Shija Academy of Health Sciences is affiliated with Manipur University.
The popular name of the medical college is Shija Medical College. Right now, only MBBS is the course of the college and no PG course is available in the medical college.
You can know more details on Shija Academy of Health Sciences Courses, Fee, Cutoff, Admission, Counselling, Eligibility, Ranking, and Facilities in this article of SarvJanakari. Most of the candidates are looking to know more details about this college because they wanted to check the course and fee structure of the college. Therefore, this review helps them to understand all the basic details of this college in a simple manner.
Key Highlights of Shija Academy of Health Sciences
|Name of College||Shija Academy of Health Sciences|
|Popular Name||Shija Medical College|
|Category||Private Medical College in Manipur|
|Entrance Required||NEET UG|
|Approval||National Medical Commission|
|MBBS Intake Capacity||150|
|Affiliated University||Manipur University|
|MBBS Counselling Conducting Authority||Directorate of Health Services, Government of Manipur|
Affiliation, Approval & Ranking
- Affiliated With Directorate of Health Services, Government of Manipur
- Approved By: National Medical Commission
MCI Status & Recognition
Permitted for 150 seats u/s 26(1)(a)(b) & 28(1)(2) of the NMC Act, 2019 for 2021-22.
Shija Academy of Health Sciences’ fee structure for the UG and PG courses are given here. Therefore, if you want to know more details about the courses and fee details, you can check the review table of UG courses and fee structure. MBBS is the major course of Shija Academy of Health Sciences and candidates are required to check the fee detail of the course if they are thinking to pursue MBBS from this college. As a matter of fact, the number of private colleges in Sikkim is limited and it is one of the leading medical colleges in the state.
UG Course & Intake Capacity
Complete the registration for the course entrance test for which you want to apply to the Shija Academy of Health Sciences.
Pay the registration fee and print the registration form for future reference. The next thing that you need to know is the qualified course-associated entrance test. For example, if you want to apply for an MBBS course, then you have to register and qualify NEET-UG examination.
Eligibility, Entrance & Academic Qualification
- Shija Academy of Health Sciences eligibility for admission in the MBBS course is given here. Therefore, if you are thinking to get more details about the college courses eligibility then review this table.
- Firstly you need to understand the fact that MBBS is the single UG course in the college. Therefore, if you are thinking to check your eligibility for admission then we must tell you one thing NEET UG is the basic entrance test that you have to qualify for,
- Only NEET Qualified students can apply to the Manipur NEET UG Counselling for the admission goals. If your NEET rank and marks are according to the merit list, then you are eligible to get the seat allotment in the college.
|Courses||Entrance Name||Academic Qualification|
Class 10+2 With Science Stream
50% Marks for General Category in 10+2
45% Marks for OBC Category in 10+2
40% Marks for SC Category in 10+2
- The Directorate of Health Services, Government of Manipur is an official body that conducts Manipur MBBS Counselling every year on the basis of NEET Marks.
- Candidates who want to participate in Manipur NEET UG Counselling, are required to qualify NEET Exam according to the percentile, rank, and marks scored in the NEET Exam.
- Manipur NEET UG Exam Counselling conducts through the online mode. Directorate of Health Services, Government of Manipur is responsible for counselling Manipur MBBS 85% seats under state quota and 100% seats in self-financing colleges in Manipur.
- Candidates who have names on Manipur NEET Merit List will be called by the authority.
Manipur MBBS Counselling Criteria
|Seat distribution||Counselling authority||Name of counselling|
|Seats under 15% All India Quota||MCC||NEET counselling|
|Seats in central/deemed universities||MCC||NEET counselling by MCC|
|Seats under 85% state quota||Directorate of Health Services, Government of Manipur||MBBS counselling|
|All seats in private colleges||Directorate of Health Services, Government of Manipur||NEET counselling|
Manipur MBBS Counselling Procedure
Firstly, visit the Manipur NEET Counselling Directorate of Health Services, Government of Manipur’s official website such as: http://manipurhealthdirectorate.mn.gov.in/ . Candidates are required to browse the tab of Manipur NEET UG Counselling.
Click on the registration link and add the details asked in the application form. Add your name and NEET exam details. Candidates are required to pay the Manipur Counselling Fee.
2). Manipur NEET Merit List
Wait for the Manipur Merit List. If your name came on the list, then download the call letter from the official site. Manipur NEET Merit List is prepared on the basis of NEET exam marks and rank.
3). Choice Filling & Submission
On the other hand, the next step is choice filling and submission. You have to fill in the name of colleges in the preference list. Fill in your choice and lock your choice.
4). Seat Allotment
Check the round 1 and round 2 counselling results and proceed for the step of seat allotment. If your name came in the first round of Manipur Counselling or the second round then submit your documents and fee at the college.
5). Reporting to College
If you are satisfied with the allotted college name from the first round and second round counselling result of Manipur then report to the college with a fee.
Documents Required For Shija Academy of Health Sciences MBBS Admission
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Eight passport size photographs
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- NEET Application Form
MBBS Internship Stages to Know in Shija Academy of Health Sciences
1). Shija Academy of Health Sciences cutoff marks for the MBBS course are the main thing that you need to know here. Here we also classify the things that you must know about the NEET UG qualifying marks in the college.
2). Cutoff marks are different for the General category and the reserved category both. Therefore, you can take a glance at the things that you need to know in the range of qualifying criteria for admission to the MBBS course of the college.
Reputation and Ranking of Shija Medical College
1). Shija Medical College’s ranking and reputation are the second phases of this medical college. We already discussed the things which are related to the admission process to Shija Medical College.
2). Now, it’s time to turn your knowledge about the college’s reputation and ranking. Experienced faculty are working in Shija Medical College and that’s why this medical college has been popular as the best medical college in Manipur for MBBS admission.
3). MBBS graduates can explore the excellent placement opportunities in the college because this college is offering extensive career opportunities to students with leading organizations.
Facilities of Shija Medical College
1). Shija Medical College facilities are listed in the above section. Therefore, if you are thinking to get more details about the college facilities, then you can review this table of college facilities.
2). Shija Medical College hospital also has a facility of Blood Bank and OPD. The hospital of the medical college is offering all dynamic services to patients in the city.
MBBS Syllabus in Shija Academy of Health Sciences
- Shija Academy of Health Sciences MBBS syllabus is an important thing for the candidates because with this they can know more about the subjects taught during the MBBS course for the candidates.
- Most of the subjects and topics are from the Biology subject and that’s why candidates learn a lot during the MBBS course duration.
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Clinical postings inwards
- OPDs to begin here
- Community Medicine
- Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)
- Obst. Gynae
- Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology, E.N.T. Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics)
The Bottom Line
Therefore, we can say that if you are thinking to study at this college, then you have to look at the information of Shija Academy of Health Sciences course and admission process. Candidates also visit the Shija Academy of Health Sciences’ official website to view more data about this college. It’s all about the basic things that you must keep in your mind about this medical college if you are going to take admission to the college.