SDU Medical College, Kolar : A major deemed to be University in Karnataka known for the cutting-edge infrastructure and best education quality is SDU Medical College. If you are also thinking of learning more about this college for the MBBS Course overview, this is the right place for you to glimpse the SDU Medical College, Kolar, Karnataka. Full-Form of SDU Medical College is Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research (formerly Sri Devaraj Urs University). The exact location of this college is Tamaka, Kolar, Karnataka, India.
Key Highlights of SDU Medical College, Deemed University
|Name of the College||Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar|
|Type of University||Private Deemed Medical College|
|MBBS Fees||14,50000 Annually|
|Hostel Fee||6780 Monthly|
|Status||Deemed to be University|
SDU Medical College, Kolar Gallery
About : SDU Medical College, Karnataka
The journey of SDU Medical College, Karnataka, was started in 1984 when a group of dedicated, like-minded and champions of the cooperative moment in the Karnataka state established the Sri Devaraj Urs Educational Trust. This organization was mainly established for the poor, and backward class people focused on providing medical education and training.
After some time, trusted opened Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College at Tamaka, Kolar, in 1986.
This college was a significant contribution to the medical and healthcare sector. The college's location is also nearby the urban area, and University is located 5 KM away from Kolar Town, Karnataka.
History of Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research
- Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College was founded in 1986 by Sri Devaraj Urs Education Trust. However, the college got the status of Deemed to be University status under section 3 of UGC Act 1956 on 25 May 2007.
- As we know, every deemed University received recognition from the Medical Council of India, and this deemed college also got the first time recognition in the year 1992. When it comes to knowing about the University's first post-graduate degree course in the college, we can say that PG and diploma courses were formed in 1997 in the different disciplines of Clinical, Pre and Para Clinical courses.
- Degree from Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research recognized and awarded by Medical Council of India.
- Trust gets remarkable accreditation by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC, INDIA) and certification by ISO 9001-2000 in 2006 for all medical colleges run by this trust.
- Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College is a modern university with all state-of-the-art resources a modular curriculum according to the regulations of the Medical Council of India. The syllabus of the University is also taught Medical Ethics and the Constitution of India.
- Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College is always the first choice for MBBS in India because of its high standard in teaching, evaluation process and training.
- You can also get an idea about the prestige presence of this college that a considerable number of students received Gold Medals/Distinctions/First Classes in the University Examinations.
Mission and Vision of SDU Medical College, Kolar
Every medical college has its mission and vision for the students and university staff. When we talk about the mission and vision of SDU Medical College, then we can say that the University is working on the idea of “The University of Excellence-Knowledge for Posterity.”
The mission is quite different from the college, and becoming a global center of medication education, teaching, training, and research is the college's primary mission.
SDU Medical College Hospital
The hospital of Sri Devaraj Urs University is also famous in Karnataka state for the best services and health care system. SDU Medical College Hospital is an 850-bed hospital for students with clinical teaching requirements for UG and PG medical courses. Hospital design with hexagonal features in the campus area of the college. The primary aim of the hospital is to give soothing services to the patients, attendants, students and staff.
There are different departments in the hospital of Sri Devaraj Urs University in all specialties. However, every department has its Seminar Hall and Examination Rooms in the OPD, and both male and female wards are in each specialist.
SDU Medical College Deemed to be University
The journey of becoming SDU Medical College Deemed to be a university from the SDU Medical College was also not easy. Due to the excellent deduction quality and training in the healthcare sector, the University was able to receive the status of Deemed to be University by the medical council of India.
University Grants Commission also conducted a comprehensive inspection in April 2007 after reviewing the infrastructure, facilities, education quality and teaching facilities of SDU Medical College Deemed to be a University and then recommended to the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt of India.
SDU Medical University was declared University under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956 to the Medical College on 25 May 2007, vide Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India, Notification No.F.9-36/2006-U 3(A) dated 25 May 2007.
Reputation and Ranking of SDUMC, KOLAR
Facilities of SDUMC, KOLAR
Admission Procedure in SDU Medical College Kolar
1). Admission in the UG and PG Courses of SDU Medical College based on the marks obtained and scorecard of entrance test on an All India Basis.
2). Entrance test to get Admission to SDU Medical College Kolar is NEET UG.
3). 85% of seats are reserved for the general merit candidates in the college.
4). Rest 15% of seats are reserved, NRI / NRI Sponsored and Foreign nationals.
- No matter you want to apply for a private institution or a government college? NEET UGis a compulsory entrance test for any medical college and course in India.
- NEET qualifying marks are the essential eligibility criteria of the college to get Admission to MBBS.
- However, every University has a different merit list for the time of Admission and cutoff. Therefore, we advise students to check the SDU Medical College Cutoff and Merit List for MBBS Admission.
- If you qualified for this examination, then you need to visit the portal of MCC or Medical Council of India for the counselling procedure (which is the second phase of MBBS admission in India).
- MCI is the official body that conducts admission counselling for Deemed to be University seats.
- An applicant needs to fill out the counselling form on the MCC Portal and pay the counselling fee online.
- During the choice filling and locking process, you need to select the name of "SDU Medical College, Kolar."
- If your name came in the first round of counselling then submit your fee and documents to the University; otherwise, wait for the second round of counselling.
MBBS Internship Stages to Know in SDU MEDICAL COLLEGE
Counselling Process For SDUMC, KOLAR
Documents Required For SDUMC, KOLAR MBBS Admission
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Eight passport size photographs
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- NEET Application Form
Both UG and PG medical courses are offered by SDU Medical College, Kolar. When it comes to checking the PG courses subjects, we can say that the MD PG degree is available in the 15 different disciplines. Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Ph.D. in Microbiology and Fellowship in Head and Neck Onco-surgery, are the proposed courses in SDU Medical College, Kolar.
UG Course & Intake Capacity
PG Courses & Intake Capacity
Students who had completed UG degree in medicine can pursue the PG course in this college and PG Degree is one of the prestigious and high-level medicine course for the students that they can done in the college. Therefore, if you are thinking to know more about the SDU Medical College PG Courses then you can check the below table and know more about these courses now
|Course Name||Intake Seats|
|MD – Physiology||3|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||9|
|MD – General Medicine||8|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||10|
|MS – Orthopaedics||8|
|MS – General Surgery||6|
|MD – Pathology||8|
|MD – Pharmacology||3|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||2|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||5|
|MD – Microbiology||3|
|MD – Psychiatry||2|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||2|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||2|
|MS – ENT||8|
|MD – Paediatrics||7|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||9|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||5|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||12|
SDU Medical College, Kolar MBBS Fee Structure
The fee structure for MBBS admission in SDU Medical College, Kolar, is based on the annual fee, and the annual cost of this college is around 14,50,000. The monthly hostel due in this University is 6750.
Fee Structure and Eligibility
MBBS UG Cut Off 2021
Round 1, 2 & MopUp
|Category||R1(Opening - Closing)||R2(Opening - Closing)||MopUp(Opening - Closing)|
15748 - 151209
44263 - 558236
29178 - 86416
518072 - 876357
NEET PG Cut Off 2021
Round 1, 2 & MopUp
|Courses||R1(Opening – Closing)||R2(Opening – Closing)||MopUp(Opening – Closing)|
|MD Anaesthesia||46994 – 58687||43581 – 58012||57597 – 59196|
|MD Dermatology||12205 – 70959||15824 – 63669||NA|
|MD General Medicine||14666 – 97500||17023 – 71731||22437 – 22437|
|MD OBG||22745 – 69311||20501 – 80380||12011 – 12011|
|MD Paediatrics||22474 – 26834||18854 – 83083||25911 – 25911|
|MD Pathology||49950 – 64579||46061 – 64640||NA|
|MD Community Medicine||70120 – 70120||NA||117180 123608|
|MD Psychiatry||30743 – 30743||63886 – 65163||NA|
|MD Radiology||11859 – 44773||11859 – 44773||16194 16194|
|MS ENT||30649 – 54921||45751 – 50817||NA|
|MS General Surgery||32434 – 98761||23200 – 34423||24593 – 24593|
|MS Ophthalmology||16957 – 46909||31560 – 58713||NA|
|MS Orthopaedics||30882 – 37134||31352 – 40190||NA|
Campus Information of SDU Medical College Kolar
SDU Medical College Kolar is located at TANAKA Villar in Kolar, and the total campus area of the college is around 72 acres.
The campus is the lush green campus. There are so many different buildings part of this medical college, including administrative offices, training and teaching facilities, hostels, and hospitals. When it comes to knowing the built-up campus area of SDU Medical College Kolar, then we can say that it is around 1.17 Lakh Square meters.
Faculties in SDU Medical College Kolar
Study-wise, there are two facilities in the college, including the Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Allied Health Sciences. The medical college offers UG and PG medical science courses to students, including MBBS, MD and MS. UG and PG courses are part of these university courses and other programs such as Doctoral Programmes in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology, Ophthalmology, E.N.T. and Fellowship Programmes in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology as well as Oral Surgical Oncology.
Regulations, Curriculum and Syllabus
As we know, SDU Medical University is a Deemed-to-be University, and that’s why this University has the freedom to design course structure, fee, syllabus and other things according to their choice. Hence, the University also develops these aspects for MBBS, PG and PG Diploma Courses according to the policy guidelines of the Medical Council of India, New Delhi.
Students thinking of studying in this college for the medical courses admission should also know about the different departments and the various aspects that are essential to know about the admission things. UPDOME is also a department of the college, and the complete form of UPDOME is the Department of Medical Education.
What does UPDOME do? UPDOME is mainly working on the training and education quality with the fine teaching-learning experience for the students and provides evaluation modalities. Recognition of SDU Medical College, Karnataka, has also been done through the Malaysian Medical Council since 2009-10.
NTA NEET is a mandatory exam for the students who are thinking to pursue MBBS degree in this college. There are so many leading companies and hospitals that came in this college for the placement opportunities for the MBBS students. Placement is one of the important thing for the students because they are thinking to explore the high-level salary packages after MBBS. Therefore, you must appear and qualify the NTA NEET exam if you want to get the admission in this deemed to be university. What is the meaning of NTA Here? NTA refers to the National Testing Agency and it is the official body that conducts the NEET Examination every year.
SDU Medical College Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
Let’s check the information about departments under the Faculty of Allied Health Sciences because this department is offering UG, PG, Doctoral and M.Phil. There are six specialties in the Department of Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, and these programs are also known as vocational programs.
MBBS Syllabus in SDUMC
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Clinical postings inwards
- OPDs to begin here
- Community Medicine
- Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)
- Obst. Gynae
- Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology, E.N.T. Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics)
Rs. 6750 per month
Yes, a hostel facility is available in this college.
MD and MS Courses
The Bottom Line
SDUMC of SDU Medical College is one of the finest opportunities for the students who want to get admission in top deemed universities of India for the medical courses admission. Deemed University MBBS Fee Structure is also important to check for the students because these universities are free to design course structure and fees as well. If you had already appeared in the NEET exam, then you can also use the NEET UG Rank Predictor.
As we know, Admission in Deemed to be University is one of the challenging task for the students because every year cutoff and merit list both are higher of these universities. Studying in these universities is such as prestigious thing for the students because colleges known for the excellent education quality and infrastructure. Therefore, if you are thinking to make sure the admission in these deemed college then you must check the eligibility requirements and many more other things of the college.
SDU Medical College, Kolar
See Also : Things to Know About MBBS in Abroad
See Also : Private MBBS Colleges Fee Structure Detailed Review