PSG & Sons’ Charities Trust, a charitable organization, is synonymous with Education. Social progress through education has been, is and will be the driving force of this legendary yet dynamic trust. The Trust came into existence in the year 1926, and over the decades many Institutions of diverse disciplines have blossomed, nurturing the budding aspirations of the youth and nourishing the changing social needs.
PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research was started in 1985, and has been growing steadily since then. The focus here is making of a physician in the most complete form. Medicine has become a highly technology-intensive science but still will have to be practiced in a human-setting. Therefore, the medical students will have to imbibe human values and ethics. In addition, basic character building that is started in the school will have to continue to make one acquire habits that lead to personal and social success. All these admixed with high-quality academic programs mark our Institution. Students are encouraged to pursue research and present in conferences and seminars. Many of our alumni, placed nationally and globally, have looked back with gratitude and admiration at the dynamic and personalized education that we offer.
Well, where do we go from here?
We constantly strive to make significant contribution in three areas:
- Developing student-centered, interactive, self-learning educational modules in medical science and medical humanities.
- Delivering scientifically sound, evidence-based individualized patient care.
- Promoting cutting-edge, state-of-the-art, socially relevant biomedical research Our faculty and students work in a cordial and collaborative manner in achieving all these and setting fresh goals! So, learning here is doing it in an academically-demanding yet encouraging clime.
Receive latest news and updates about PSG INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES AND RESEARCH, COIMBATORE through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
|YEAR 1||YEAR 2||YEAR 3||PROGRAM GRAND TOTAL|
PSG’s Vision is to be the best in providing medical education of international standards and train committed health professionals in achieving “HEALTH FOR ALL”
PSG IMSR with relentless service in medicine holds a special place in the minds of the people. Every year PSG IMSR produces 150 qualified MBBS students, fulfilling the aspirations of many qualified and eligible students to enter the medical field that offers quality health care creating trust and goodwill among people.
Following the landmark Maternal and Child Care Centre launch at Vedapatti, Coimbatore in 1961, PSG Trust opened new vistas in medical education with the launch of “PSG Institute of Medical Sciences & Research“ in September 1985. The same year the Trust celebrated the 60th year of service to society.
The institution, apart from being listed in WHO Directory of World Medical Schools, has been granted recognition by
- Medical Council of India
- General Medical Council of UK
- Sri Lankan Medical Council
Serving the society holds high priority for PSG Medical. This is explained by the active involvement of qualified medical and paramedical personnel, students and staff in:
- Frequent medical camps and health camps for rural, urban and tribal welfare
- Tribal welfare camps for the tribes living in remote regions of Nilgiris and Anamalai
- Active participation in the National Service Scheme