Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Pondicherry is a leading and top private medical college in Pondicherry.
https://www.pimsmmm.com/ is the official portal of Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Pondicherry, where candidates can browse the official data and information for the purpose of detailed review.
This college was established in 2000 and as per the approval of the National Medical Commission, the MBBS intake capacity of the medical college is 150 seats every year.
Pondicherry University is the affiliated university of the medical college. Right now this college has been offering both UG and PG medical courses to candidates.
Get more details on Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences Courses, Fee, Cutoff, Admission, Counselling, Eligibility, Ranking, and Facilities.
- 1 Key Highlights of Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Pondicherry
- 2 Courses & Fee Structure
- 3 Admission Procedure
- 4 Cutoff
- 5 Reputation and Ranking of Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & PIMS Hospital
- 6 Facilities of Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences
- 7 MBBS Syllabus in Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences
- 8 The Bottom Line
- 9 Contact Information
Key Highlights of Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Pondicherry
|Name of College||Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Pondicherry|
|Popular Name||Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Category||Private Medical College in Pondicherry|
|Courses Available||MBBS, MD and MS|
|Entrance Required||NEET UG, NEET PG, NEET SS|
|Approval||National Medical Commission|
|MBBS Intake Capacity||150|
|Affiliated University||Pondicherry University|
|MBBS Counselling Conducting Authority||DIRECTORATE OF HIGHER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION CENTRALISED ADMISSION COMMITTEE (CENTAC)|
Affiliation, Approval & Ranking
- Affiliated With Pondicherry University
- Approved By: National Medical Commission
MCI Status & Recognition
Recognized for 100 seats. Recognized for increase of seats from 100 to 150 when degree granted on or after November 2018.
Courses & Fee Structure
Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Pondicherry UG, and PG Courses are given in this section. You can get more details about the UG and PG courses and the fee structure of the courses from the above section. MBBS Intake of the college is 150.
UG Course & Intake Capacity
MD/MS Intake Capacity
|MD (Community Medicine)||3||4|
|MD (General Medicine)||3||4|
|MD (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)||3||3|
|MS (General Surgery)||3||3|
|MD (Radio Diagnosis)||3||2|
|MD (Pulmonary Medicine)||3||1|
|MCh (Plastic Surgery)||3||1|
Complete the registration for the course entrance test for which you want to apply in Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Pondicherry.
Pay the registration fee and print the registration form for future reference. Next thing that you need to know is the qualified course-associated entrance test. For example, if you want to apply for an MBBS course, then you have to register and qualify NEET-UG examination.
Eligibility, Entrance & Academic Qualification
- Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Pondicherry courses eligibility and required entrance name is mention in above section. Therefore, if you are thinking to know more details about the college courses and academic qualification requirement then you have to take a glance on the information which is given here.
- MBBS is the popular and major UG medical degree course of the college. Therefore, you can check the details of MBBS course requirements from the above section. On the other hand, if you are a student of PG medical degree courses, then you have to check the section of MD and MS courses entrance name and academic qualification details.
|Courses||Entrance Name||Academic Qualification|
Class 10+2 With Science Stream
50% Marks for General Category in 10+2
45% Marks for OBC Category in 10+2
40% Marks for SC Category in 10+2
MD, MS & PG Diploma Courses
MBBS from a Recognized University from MCI
50% Marks in MBBS
- The Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) is an official body that conducts Puducherry MBBS Counselling every year on the basis of NEET Marks.
- Candidates who want to participate in Puducherry NEET UG Counselling, are required to qualify NEET Exam according to the percentile, rank, and marks scored in the NEET Exam.
- Puducherry NEET UG Exam Counselling conducts through the online mode. Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) is responsible for counselling of Puducherry MBBS 85% seats under state quota and 100% seats in self-financing colleges in Puducherry.
- Candidates who have names on Puducherry NEET Meir List will be called by the authority.
Puducherry MBBS Counselling Criteria
|Seat distribution||Counselling authority||Name of counselling|
|Seats under 15% All India Quota||MCC||NEET counselling|
|Seats in central/deemed universities||MCC||NEET counselling by MCC|
|Seats under 85% state quota||DIRECTORATE OF HIGHER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION CENTRALISED ADMISSION COMMITTEE (CENTAC)||MBBS counselling|
|All seats in private colleges||DIRECTORATE OF HIGHER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION CENTRALISED ADMISSION COMMITTEE (CENTAC)||NEET counselling|
Puducherry NEET UG Counselling Fee
|Round||Free Exit||Exit with forfeiture of fees||Ineligible for further counselling||Amount of Registration Fee|
|SECOND||No||If not joined||If joined||Government Quota – Rs. 10,000(5000/- for SC/ST/OBC/EBC/MBC/ BCM/BT) Management Quota – Rs.1,00,000|
|MOP UP||No||–||If joined||–|
Punjab MBBS Counselling Procedure
Firstly, visit the Puducherry NEET Counselling DIRECTORATE OF HIGHER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION CENTRALISED ADMISSION COMMITTEE (CENTAC) official website such as: https://www.centacpuducherry.in/ . Candidates are required to browse the tab of Puducherry NEET UG Counselling. Click on the registration link and add the details asked in the application form. Add your name and NEET exam details. Candidates are required to pay the Puducherry Counselling Fee.
2). Puducherry NEET Merit List
Wait for the Puducherry Merit List. If your name came on the list, then download the call letter from the official site. Puducherry NEET Merit List is prepared on the basis of NEET exam marks and rank.
3). Choice Filling & Submission
On the other hand, the next step is choice filling and submission. You have to fill in the name of colleges in the preference list. Fill in your choice and lock your choice.
4). Seat Allotment
Check the round 1 and round 2 counselling results and proceed for the step of seat allotment. If your name came in the first round of Puducherry Counselling or the second round then submit your documents and fee at the college.
5). Reporting to College
If you are satisfied with the allotted college name from the first round and second round counselling result of Puducherry then report to the college with a fee.
Puducherry NEET UG Counselling Fee
|Vertical Reservation||% Reservation|
|Other Backward Classes||11%|
|Backward Classes Muslims||2%|
|Most Backward Classes||18%|
|Extreme backward Classes||2%|
|Children/Grand Children of Freedom||4%|
|Wards of Ex-Servicemen||1% and 3 % **|
|Candidate who are Meritorious in Sports||1%|
Documents Required For Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research MBBS Admission
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Eight passport size photographs
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- NEET Application Form
MBBS Internship Stages to Know in Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & Research
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
1). Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & PIMS Hospital cutoff marks for both UG and PG courses are given in this section. Cutoff is the main barrier for the candidates that they need to pass-out if they want to take admission in the courses of the college.
2). Firstly, you have to check your category marks of last two years in Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & PIMS Hospital because with this you can get an idea about the admission chances in the college.
Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences Pondicherry Cutoff
|Category||Round||2019 Cutoff by rank||2020 Cutoff by rank|
Reputation and Ranking of Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & PIMS Hospital
1). Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & PIMS Hospital ranking and reputation matters a lot for all those candidates who are going to take admission in the college. When it comes to know about the education quality of the medical college then we can say that this college is popular for the ideal education quality services.
2). Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences & PIMS Hospital facilities are also dynamic and modern. Therefore, if you are thinking to know more details about the college facilities then review the next tab or section to know more details about the college.
3). If you are thinking that placement opportunities are not diverse in the medical college then you are wrong because placement opportunities are diverse and comprehensive in this medical college.
Facilities of Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences
- Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences facilities includes the various things such as library, computer labs and hostel facility. Hostel facility in Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences is available for both male and female.
- We make a quick table for the review of college facilities and with this information you can understand the things related to college facilities.
MBBS Syllabus in Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences
- It’s all about the things that you need to know about the Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences MBBS Syllabus. Therefore, if you are thinking to get more details about the course syllabus, phases and subjects covered then you have to take a glance on the information of this review table.
- You can review the subjects covered during the course from the above section and get to know more details about college syllabus. There are three main phases in the syllabus of MBBS course of the college.
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Clinical postings inwards
- OPDs to begin here
- Community Medicine
- Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)
- Obst. Gynae
- Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology, E.N.T. Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics)
The Bottom Line
PIMS Hospital is one of the leading hospitals of Pondicherry and offering best health care and medical care services to patients. PIMS Pondicherry has been popular for the UG and PG medical science courses. When you are looking for the review of Pondicherry Medical College, then you have to take a glance on this review to understand the things.