A medical aspirant knows about the importance of the NEET exam. However, so many beginners and non-medical background students don’t know about the meaning of NEET. This article helps you to understand the answer of “नीट क्या होता है-“!
1. It is an entrance test for UG and PG level courses
2. NEET UG is for undergraduate medical courses admissions such as MBBS, BDS, BAMS, and many more.
3. NEET PG is for postgraduate medical courses admissions such as MD, MS, and PG Diploma Courses.
4. NEET Full Form is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test
5. This exam is a national-level entrance test in India.
6. To appear in this examination students must qualify class 12th with a science stream
7. Compulsory subjects to participate in the NEET UG exam are physics, chemistry, and biology
MBBS in India Means Only NEET is required to Qualify
It is a one-stage entrance exam. That means, if you score very well in this examination then you will go for the further process of admission and counselling. Sometimes students are thinking that pre and mains are the stages of this exam but that’s not true. This is the one stage entrance test and counselling are the process of admission. NEET passing marks and NEET cutoff both are different things.
To secure a seat in any course you must score above NEET merit or NEET cutoff. Thus, NEET is a single-window entrance test to become a doctor in India for the students.
NEET Exam Overview
|Exam Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Name of Exam||NEET UG 2022|
|Courses in NEET||MBBS, BDS, AYUSH and other related Courses|
|Seats in NEET 2022||Admission of around 1.3 lakh MBBS and BDS seats under 15% All India Quota and 85% State quota|
|NEET 2022 Exam Date||June-July 2022|
|Exam Timings||2 pm to 5 pm|
|Exam Mode||Pen-Paper Mode|
|Number of Questions||200 MCQs (180- Mandatory, 20 optional)|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for each question|
|Negative Marking||Minus 1 (-1)|
NEET Exam-How to Prepare?
- NEET is the most important exam for medical students. They are always dreaming to become a doctor. Hence, if you are thinking to pursue a medical degree course then NEET is a single barrier in your life that you need to clear for your path.
- Make a proper timetable for the NEET examination because without a perfect timetable pursuing this exam is not enough for the candidates. A robust timetable and strict deadlines to achieve the goals are important things for the candidates.
- NEET UG is only for the MBBS, BDS, and other medical courses of undergraduate level admission. If you want to take admission in the PG level courses then you must clear the NEET PG exam.