NEET 2018 Exam Date has been announced soon. NEET 2018 Application Form is relied upon to be discharged for the current week. It is the national level examination for admission to MBBS and BDS courses. CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is the directing expert which sorts out the NEET examination consistently in different urban communities the nation over. NEET exam is a portal for inductions into MBBS UG and dental UG courses offered by different government and private medical universities/colleges of the nation. From the year 2016 onwards, AIPMT exam has been supplanted by NEET examination. Every medical universities/ college consider NEET score for giving confirmation in MBBS/BDS courses.
A year ago, add up to 11,38,890 aspirants appeared in the examination. Through this article, aspirants can get brief details about NEET 2018 exam including application, qualification, exam dates, exam module, syllabus, and so on.CBSE conducts NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) which is a national level medical examination of the country. NEET 2018 is the gateway to offer admissions to deserving applicants in MBBS and BDS courses at the best colleges of India. The applicants who are interested in NEET 2018 can apply for the examination before the last date of application. NEET 2018 Application form will be available from 1st week of December 2017. After the release of official notice interested candidates can apply for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
Courses offered through NEET 2018
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
NEET 2018 Exam Dates
Students can check here the tentative dates of NEET 2018 entrance exam:
|Application form release||Expected in end of January 2018|
|Last date for filling the application||4th week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit the application fee||Last week of January 2018|
|Release of admit card||1st week of April 2018|
|Exam date||1st week of May 2018|
|Result announcement||1st week of June 2018|
|Counselling starts||After result declaration|
Get Latest Admission Updates About NEET 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
NEET Application Form 2018
The detailed application procedure is mentioned below:
- Students can avail the NEET 2018 Application Form via online mode only.
- Visit the official website of NEET.
- Fill all the necessary details like personal, contact, domicile, qualification, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and index finger impression in the prescribed format.
- Make the fee payment using online and offline mode.
- After the fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page of the application form and keep it safe for further use.
The applicants have to pay the application fee to complete the application process. The application fee can be paid through online (using debit/ credit card) or offline (using bank challan) mode. The application fees for different categories are as follows-
|For General/OBC||Rs. 1400/|
|For SC/ST/PH||Rs. 750/-|
Students should check the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing NEET exam is given below:
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian citizen. OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- J&K/AP/Telangana: Such candidates are eligible for All India 15% quota only (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) on the basis of self declaration.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Indian National candidates must have an Aadhaar Number to apply for NEET exam.
- Minimum Age: The minimum age limit is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age: The maximum age limit is 25 years (for General and OBC candidates) and 30 years (for other categories).
- Examination: Candidates should have qualified 12th or equivalent exam.
- Subjects: Subjects Should be Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.
- 10+2 appearing students are also eligible to apply.
- Marks Required: In the qualifying exam (PCB group), students should have obtained at least 50% marks for general, 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC.
NEET 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for NEET 2018 examination is mentioned below:
- No. of Question: Total 180 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Exam Mode: Exam will be conducted through online mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions (four options with one correct answer).
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany) subjects.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Language: Question paper will be asked in 8 languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu languages.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be given for each correct answer (+4 Marks).
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 Mark).
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
The syllabus will be based on a common syllabus prescribed by the MCI (Medical Council of India). The syllabus will have topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects. It will be prescribed after the review of various state syllabus as well as CBSE, NCERT & COBSE. The syllabus will be based on the 11th & 12th class standard.
Reservation of Seats
|Category of the Applicant||Percentage of Reservation|
|Scheduled Tribe Category (ST)||7.5%|
|Scheduled Caste Category (SC)||15%|
|Physically Handicapped Category||3%|
States Participating in NEET 2018
Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Chattisgarh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Telangana, Tripura, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Pondicherry, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala,
Details of Seat Quota
|15% All India Quota Seats||Will be filled at All India Level as per the criteria using NEET 2018 Merit List.|
|85% State Quota Seats (Govt. Colleges)||Admission will be done using NEET scores and as per the eligibility criteria of the state by the Directorate of Medical Education of the respective states.|
|Private and Deemed Medical Colleges/Universities||As per the criteria of the state and using NEET scores, admissions will be done by the Directorate of Medical Education of the state.|
|Armed Forces College, BHU and AMU||Seats to be filled using NEET scores and counselling will be held by the institute itself.|
NEET 2018 At a Glance
- Examination Conducting Body: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Exam Category: Undergraduate
- Exam Level: National
- Courses Offered: MBBS and BDS
- Number of Seats Offered: 52,305 MBBS and BDS seats
- Duration of Course: 4½ years with 1-year compulsory rotating internship for MBBS and 4 years with 1-year compulsory rotating internship for BDS
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
- Mode of Examination: Offline Mode
- Types of Question: MCQ with a single correct response.
- Number of Questions: 180
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Syllabus: Consisting of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge
- Minimum Required Percentile for NEET 2018: 50 Percentile for General Category, 40 Percentile for Reserved Category, 45 Percentile for PWD Category
NEET 2018 Admit Card
- The admit card will be released in the 1st week of April 2018.
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the Admit Card.
- The authority shall not provide the admit card by post.
- Admit Card will contain details like Category, Photograph, Roll Number, Candidate Name, Father Name, Exam Date & Timing, Exam centre, etc.
- Preserve the admit card till the admission process gets over.
- Download NEET 2018 Admit Card- Click Here
NEET 2018 Answer Key
CBSE Board will release the NEET 2018 Answer Key for all sets. Students will be able to download the answer key via online process. Answer key contains all the answers to those questions asked in the entrance test. Through answer key, students can get a rough idea of their performance in the entrance test. Download NEET Answer Key- Click Here
- NEET Answer Key will be published via online mode through the website.
- The answer key will be released within a week of examination.
- Candidates may have an opportunity for the online challenge against the answer key.
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 1000/- per answer challenged.
- The payment will be refunded in case of the challenge is accepted by the Board.
NEET 2018 Result
- Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website.
- The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website.
- Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use.
- As per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI, a merit list will be prepared for admission.
- Check NEET Result 2018- Click Here
NEET 2018 Cut-Off
NEET 2018 Cut-Off will be based on several factors such as availability of seats, the number of candidates, and difficulty level of the examination etc. The cut-off is the basic and minimum score which have to be secured by the candidate in order to qualify the examination. NEET Cutoff 2018 Category wise- Check Here
- The cut-off is the minimum marks candidates are needed to qualify the examination.
- It will be released in the month of June 2017.
- It will be based on the number of students appeared in the exam, difficulty level and availability of seats.
- The minimum qualifying marks should be 50% for general, 40% marks for reserved categories and 45% for General-PH.
NEET 2018 Counselling
The NEET 2018 Counselling will begin from the 3rd week of June 2018. After result declaration, the merit list will be prepared and those candidates who fall on the merit list will be invited for NEET 2018 Counselling. NEET 2018 Counselling Procedure
- Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will be the conducting committee of the counselling process.
- It will be done online to allow eligible applicants in the 15% All India Quota seats.
- Candidates who have qualified the examination and are present in the merit list will have to register themselves online for counselling.
- Before the final allotment of seats for all applicants, mock counselling will also be conducted online to help refine the selection of colleges and courses of the applicants.
- On the ranking of the applicant in the merit list and his/her given preference, final allotment of seats will be done based.
- The applicant will have to report at their allotted institute, after being successfully allotted seats, for document verification and payment of fees.
- The counselling of the 85% State Quota seats will be done by the counselling committee of the respective states.
- Candidates will be allotted seats according to their ranking on the state merit list.
- the applicants will have to undergo document verification and fee payment after allotment and the mode of counselling will depend on the states.
NEET 2018: Important Points
Questions and Answers:
Question: How can I apply for NEET 2018 examination?
Answer: You can apply through online mode only.
Question: When will the NEET Application Form 2018 be released?
Answer: The application will be released in the last week of December 2017.
Question: Can OCI candidates apply for the exam?
Answer: Yes, they can also apply.
Question: What is the minimum age limit to apply?
Answer: The minimum age limit is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
Question: NEET exam will be conducted in one phase or two phases?
Answer: It will be conducted in one phase only.
Question: How many marks should I score in the qualifying examination to apply?
Answer: You have to score minimum 50% marks for general, 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC in PCB subject group.
Question: Can NIOS students apply for the exam?
Answer: Yes, NIOS candidates can also apply.
Question: Through which mode the exam will be conducted?
Answer: The exam will be organized through pen and paper-based mode.
Question: What will be the syllabus for NEET?
Answer: NEET syllabus will comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. You can check the syllabus from the Syllabus section given above.
Question: I am appearing in the 12th examination. Can I apply?
Answer: Yes, appearing students are also eligible to apply.