In today’s blog, we are going to discuss the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research,
S.A.S. Nagar Institute in Punjab.
Also, the courses it offers, admission process, facilities, etc. To know about this in detail, read the full article.
About – National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, S.A.S. Nagar
It’s also known as NIPER Mohali. It is one of the top pharmaceutical research institutes in India.
It’s the main campus of the group of seven NIPER institutes, under India’s Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
NIPER, Mohali is a self-governing college and was well-established in 1998. It was set up under the supervision of the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers as a center of brilliance for research, higher education, and
development in pharmaceutical sciences.
|Recognized by||AIU, ACU|
|Approved by||PCI Govt. Of India|
Courses offered and about their eligibility-
This college provides several programs at the PG level including M.Pharm, M.S. Pharm, M.Tech.[Pharm],
Doctoral Ph. D. and M.B.A.[Pharm].
- For this particular course, the student must a degree in B.Pharm.
M.S.[Pharm] Pharmaceutical Analysis admission:
- Students must have a degree in B.Pharm or M.Sc. [Organic/Analytical Chemistry]
M.S.[Pharm] Medical Chemistry/ Biotechnology admission:
- A degree in B.Pharm or M.Sc. [Organic chemistry] is needed.
M.Tech [Pharm] Pharmaceutical Technology in Process chemistry admission:
- Students must have a degree in B.Pharm or M.Sc. [Organic Chemistry].
M.Tech [Pharm] Pharmaceutical Technology in Biotechnology admission:
- Students must have a degree in B.Pharm or M.sc. [Life sciences]
Admissions in Ph.D. :
- Students should have a Masters’s degree in Pharmacy.
Admissions are done on the basis of the Joint Entrance Exam [JEE], NIPER to both PG and Ph.D.
Why one should choose NIPER, Mohali?
You will get exposure to National as well as international universities:
Students will get great exposure as NIPER is a member of Indian universities as well as the Association of
Brilliance for higher studies:
Do you know that the Government of India proclaimed NIPER as an ‘Institute of National Importance? Yes, it’s
Also, it’s a freestanding college under the supervision of the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and fertilizers, Government of India.
NIPER conducts several workshops/conferences at regular intervals for all the students so that they can
share knowledge and connect with the experts.
About the facilities:
College provides several facilities to its students including-
- Hostel for both girls and boys
- Conference complex
- Community hall
- Swimming pool
- Health center and shopping center etc.
More About NIPER:
- Six new NIPERs were established during 2007-2008 at – Hajipur, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Raebareli,
Guwahati and Kolkata.
Let’s know about the objectives of NIPER…
- Deals with Master’s Doctoral and post-Doctoral courses and research in pharmaceutical education.
- Helps develop a multi-disciplinary perspective in carrying out research and training of pharmaceutical
- It nurtures and promotes quality and excellence in pharmaceutical research.
About the Disciplines of NIPER, Mohali
|Pharm. Management||Natural Products|
|Medical devices||Regulatory Toxicology|
|Pharmacy practice||Medicinal Chemistry|
|Pharmacoinformatic||Pharmacology and Toxicology|
|Medicinal Chemistry||Pharmaceutical Technology [Formulations]|
|Pharmaceutical Technology [Biotechnology]||Pharmaceutical Technology [Process Chemistry]|