MD Psychiatry is a 3-year PG course in the medical field for mental, emotional & behavioral disorders.
MD Psychiatry is the branch of medicine and, they are qualified to assess both the mental and physical side of human psychological problems.
Quick Facts(MD Psychiatry)
|M.D. Full-Form||Doctorate of Medicine|
|Age limit||No limit|
|Average Pkg.||8 Lacs Per Year|
|Average Fee||5000 to 20 Lacs Per year|
|Total Seats in India||990|
|Colleges offering M.D Biochemistry||284 Colleges|
|Eligibility||MBBS passed from MCI Recognized institute.|
M.D. Psychiatry scope/ salary in India
When you think about career scope, a few questions coming to your mind-
- How much is a psychiatrist paid in India?
- Do psychiatrists earn well in India?
- Is psychiatry a good career in India?
- Who is the highest-paid psychiatrist?
- In India, a Psychiatrist’s average package is 20 Lacs a year. The Salary range for a Psychiatrist is between 12Lacs to 25 Lacs.
- The avg salary for a psychiatrist is around 80k per month in India.
- Definitely, psychiatrists have a good employment opportunity. The demand for Psychiatrists is increasing day by day, the reason is increasing mental tension & stress in society. The field offers a wide range of job opportunities within its sub-specialties.
- According to the source, the highest paying country in the world is the USA for Psychiatrists.
M.D. Psychiatry eligibility
Eligibility criteria needed at the time of MD Psychiatry admission are:
- MBBS completed from a recognized university.
- Minimum aggregate 50% marks in MBBS.
MD Psychiatry Admission Procedure
Admission to MD Psychiatry at the leading medical colleges in India is based on the NEET-PG exam performance, it is the national-level exam for medical PG admission. Admission is based on rank and through counselling.
MD Psychiatry seats in India
In India, there are 243 government and private colleges offering 990 MD Psychiatry seats. In which 619 are government seats and 317 are private seats.
Fellowship after MD psychiatry
fellowship programs in the following subspecialties available in few colleges across world:
- Addiction psychiatry
- Alexander Wilson Schweizer Fellowship
- Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry Fellowship
- Behavioral Sleep Medicine Postgraduate Fellowship
- child and adolescent psychiatry
- Clinician Educator Fellowship
- Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Fellowship
- consultation–liaison psychiatry
- forensic psychiatry
- geriatric psychiatry
- Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship
- public psychiatry
- Reproductive Psychiatry Fellowship
- women’s mental health
Fees of M.D. Psychiatry varies from 5 thousand to 20 lacs per year, Government college having minimum fees wherever private college is having fees up to 20 lacs.
Fees structure of top 5 colleges offering MD Psychiatry in India
|Institute Name||Location||Fees Per year|
|CMC Vellore||Tamil Nadu||4 Lacs|
MD Psychiatry Cutoff of Top Medical colleges
|Colleges||Round 1 Closing Rank|
|Seth GSMC, Mumbai||1151|
|IHBAS, New Delhi||5288|
|LHMC, New Delhi||2864|
|CIP, New Delhi||3874|
Job Titles for the MD Psychiatrists
- Area Sales Manager
- Assistant/Associate Professor
- Business Development Executive
- Clinical Psychologist
- Medical Representative
- Pharmacovigilance Associate
- Product Specialist
- Regional Manager
- Sales/Business Development Manager
- Nursing Homes
- Medical Colleges
- Healthcare Centres
- Research Institutions
If you have any query related to M.D. Psychiatry, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.