M.D. Physiology is a 3-year PG degree in medicine. The eligibility for the course is an MBBS degree from NMC recognized college with a minimum of 55% marks as required.
MD Physiology is related to Anatomy course in which students study the science of the mechanical, physical, and their organs, biochemical functions of humans, and about the cells.
Subjects studied under the programme will the Body Fluids and Renal Physiology, Special Senses, Respiratory system, Reproductive System, Nerve and muscle physiology, Metabolism, Integumentary System, Hepatobiliary system, Growth, Development and Genetics, General and Cellular Physiology, Gastrointestinal system, Endocrinology, Central Nervous System, Cardiovascular system, Blood, reticuloendothelial and immune system, and Autonomic nervous system.
The main objective of Study M.D. Physiology is to make a doctor become a capable faculty and health care coder & demonstrator in the field of medical sciences. 288 private and government colleges in India offering a total of 1000 MD Physiology seats.
Achievement After completion of M.D. Physiology degree, doctors are ready for the following
- Problem Solving
- Knowledge of Md Physiology
- Teaching Faculty
- Professionalism attitude & Communication skills
The Real question – coming to your mind:
- is MD Physiology worthy for me or my children?
- Will I get a good career after doing MD Physiology?
in this article, you will get all your questions arising in your mind.
Doctorate of Medicine
12 Lacs Per Year
1000 to 1 Lacs Per year
Total Seats in India
Colleges offering M.D Biochemistry
MBBS passed from MCI Recognized institute.
Clinical Analyst, Lab Technician, Professor, Regulatory Affairs Manager, Medical Coder, Tutor & Demonstrator, Assistant Trainer, Etc.
See Also : MD Radiology: Career Scope, Salary, Jobs, Eligibility, Cutoff and more
Read Also : Kasturba Medical College Mangalore, Fees, Cutoff & Admission 2022-23
Admission Contact Form
M.D Physiology Course Duration
The career scope after MD Physiology
M.D. Physiology is placed in the Self-employment (clinics), Colleges & Universities, Hospital Administration, Healthcare Services, Military Services.
M.D. Physiology Fees Structure
Fees of MD Physiology vary from One thousand to 1 lac per year, Government college having minimum fees wherever private college is having fees up to 1 lacs per year.
Job employment sectors
Below given Job employment areas available for M.D. Physiology PG’s
- Military Services
- Healthcare Services
- Colleges & Universities
- Hospital Administration
- Self-employment (clinics)
Below given Job titles in different employment areas given for M.D. Physiology PG’s
- Clinical Analyst,
- Lab Technician,
- Regulatory Affairs Manager,
- Medical Coder,
- Tutor & Demonstrator,
- Assistant Trainer, Etc.
Syllabus of M.D. Physiology
MD Physiology Syllabus by various colleges and universities in India
Body Fluids and Renal Physiology, Special Senses, Respiratory system, Reproductive System, Nerve and muscle physiology, Metabolism, Integumentary System, Hepatobiliary system, Growth, Development and Genetics, General and Cellular Physiology, Gastrointestinal system, Endocrinology, Central Nervous System, Cardiovascular system, Blood, reticuloendothelial and immune system, and Autonomic nervous system.
Human Experiments, Haematology, Amphibian, Mammalian Experiments.
Admission Procedure of M.D. Physiology
PG Admissions is done on the basis of the NEET PG Score of the concerned candidate conducted by NTA(National Testing Agency). After the NEET PG Results, counselling is conducted by the state quota seats and all Indian seats.
Salary offered for M.D. Physiology
According to payscale, the average salary offered is 1 lacs for MD is given below.
Top Medical Colleges offering MD Physiology course are:
Top 10 Govt. Medical College
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Government Medical College, Kozhikode
- GSVM Medical College, Kanpur
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
- University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh
- Lady Hardinge Medical College for Women, New Delhi
- Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Puducherry
Top 10 Private Medical College
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- JSS Medical College, Mysore
- St John’s National Academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, New Delhi
- SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Chennai
- Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana
See Also : Rama Medical College Kanpur- Fees, Cutoff, Admission 2022-23
Top Ranking Medical Colleges M.D. Physiology Cutoff
VMMC New Delhi
The course is beneficial for the knowledge that how the body works. A physiologist expertized in diagnose and treat major organ disorders of a cardiovascular, hepatic, and digestive system.
The Course is good for those interested in further studies such as Ph.D. etc. As it gives a good base for the higher study.
They can also become a research & dovelopment scientist. Physiologist can plan & implement experiments on the body for scientific knowledge on topics related to medicine.
Physiologist can become a speech and language therapist. Thair work are very closely with infants, children and adults who have various levels of speech, language and communication problems.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Question: What are the job opportunities abroad after passing MD?
Answer: There are few career opportunities in India and Abroad:
Question: What are the career opportunities after doing MD Physiology?
Answer: Above mentioned answer is valid for this question.
See Also : M.D. Anatomy: Career, Fees, Admission, Salary, Placement, Cut off
See Also : MD Biochemistry: Career, Fees, Admission, Salary, Placement, Cutoff
If you have questions regarding M.D. Physiology Course, you may leave your inquiry below.
71 thoughts on “MD Physiology: Career, Fees, Admission, Salary, Cutoff”