MD Biochemistry is a non-clinical branch in postgraduate after MBBS Course. The purpose of M.D. Biochemistry is to create specialists who would provide high-quality health care and advance research & training.
Subjects studied under this are General Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Cell and Biophysics, Biostatistics, Metabolism and Nutrition, Medical Biochemistry, Metabolism and Genetics, Molecular Basis of Human Diseases, Recent Advances in Biochemistry and Biotechnology.
The main objective of Study M.D. Biochemistry is to make a doctor become a capable faculty and researcher in the field of Biochemistry. 284 private and government colleges in India offering a total of 867 MD Biochemistry seats.
Achievement After completion of MD Biochemistry degree, doctors are ready for the following
- Professionalism attitude & Communication skills
- Knowledge of Biochemistry
- Teaching Biochemistry
- Problem Solving
The Real question – coming to your mind:
- is this course worthy for me or my children?
- Will I get a good career after doing this course?
in this article, you will get all your questions arising in your mind.
- 1 MD Biochemistry (Doctorate of Medicine)
- 2 MD Biochemistry Course Duration
- 3 The career scope after M.S. Biochemistry
- 4 M.D. Biochemistry Fees Structure
- 5 MD Biochemistry Job Titles
- 6 Syllabus of M.D. Biochemistry
- 7 Admission Procedure of M.D. Biochemistry
- 8 Salary offered for MD Biochemistry (Doctorate of Medicine)
- 9 Top Medical Colleges offering MD Biochemistry course are:
- 10 Top Ranking Medical Colleges MD Biochemistry Cutoff
- 11 Placements Stats of M.D Biochemistry
- 12 Top Sectors(Employment sectors):
- 13 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
MD Biochemistry (Doctorate of Medicine)
|M.D. Full-Form||Doctorate of Medicine|
|Age limit||No limit|
|Average Pkg.||8 Lacs Per Year|
|Average Fee||5000 to 3 Lacs Per year|
|Total Seats in India||867|
|Colleges offering M.D Biochemistry||284 Colleges|
|Eligibility||MBBS passed from MCI Recognized institute.|
|Job Title||Tutor Demonstrator, Trainee Medical Coder, Research Scientist, Med. Technologist, Lab. Technician Etc.|
Admission Contact Form
MD Biochemistry Course Duration
M.D. Biochemistry contains training in the basic instrumentation and procedures pertaining to biochemistry that is required to be worked in the community and at all proportion of medical health care.
|Duration||3 Years ( Two years for those who have done 2 years PG Diploma in the same subject)|
The career scope after M.S. Biochemistry
M.D. biochemistry is placed in the teaching field in government or in private sectors and many other fields such as
research institutes, hospitals, agriculture, chemical manufacturing industry, industries, forestry, medical laboratories, dietetics, colleges, universities, Biotechnology Firms, Food Institutes, Industrial Laboratories, Medical Research.
M.D. Biochemistry Fees Structure
Fees of M.D. Biochemistry varies from 1 thousand to 3 lacs per year, Government college having minimum fees wherever private college is having fees up to 3 lacs.
MD Biochemistry Job Titles
- Tutor Demonstrator – Physiology Biochemistry Anatomy
- Trainee Medical Coder
- Research Scientist – Analytical Biochemistry
- Medical Technologist
- Laboratory Technician – Biochemistry
- Lab Technician
- Junior Resident – Biochemistry
- Customer Lab Service Associate – Microbiology Biochemistry
- Consultants – Clinical Biochemistry
- Consultant – Biochemistry
- Business Development Executive
- Assistant Professor – Clinical Biochemistry
Syllabus of M.D. Biochemistry
The syllabus of Biochemistry divided into 9 sections. Which are mentioned below
- Biochemistry of body metabolism
- Biochemistry of hormones, vitamins, minerals, enzymes & Clinical biochemistry
- Introductory Biochemistry & molecular Biochemistry
- Recent advantages in Clinical Biochemistry & Biochemical methodologies
- Short-case study
- Long-case study
- Enzyme kinetics/Electrophoresis
- Standard Curve/Paper Chromatography/TLC
Admission Procedure of M.D. Biochemistry
PG Admissions is done on the basis of the NEET PG Score of the concerned candidate conducted by NTA(National Testing Agency). After the NEET PG Results, counseling is conducted by the state quota seats and all Indian seats.
Salary offered for MD Biochemistry (Doctorate of Medicine)
According to payscale, the average salary offered is 1.5 lacs for MD is given below.
Top Medical Colleges offering MD Biochemistry course are:
Top 10 Govt. Medical College
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
- University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh
- Lady Hardinge Medical College for Women, New Delhi
- Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Puducherry
Top 10 Private Medical College
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- JSS Medical College, Mysore
- St John’s National Academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, New Delhi
- SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Chennai
- Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana
Top Ranking Medical Colleges MD Biochemistry Cutoff
|VMMC New Delhi||21447||36394||73207||42446|
Placements Stats of M.D Biochemistry
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kaiser Permanente
- HCA Physician Services
- Fairview Hospital
- Methodist Healthcare
- Fortis Healthcare
- Max Healthcare
- Apollo Group, Inc.
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital
Top Sectors(Employment sectors):
- Seed And Nursery Companies
- Research and Development Firms
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Petroleum Companies
- Medical Research
- Medical Laboratories
- Industrial Laboratories
- Indian Civil Services
- Heavy Chemical Industries
- Food Institutes
- Colleges/ Universities
- Chemicals Manufacturing Companies
- Chemical Industry
- Biotechnology Firms
- Agricultural Research Services
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Question: What are the job opportunities abroad after passing MD?
Answer: There are few career opportunities in India and Abroad:
Question: What are the career opportunities after doing MD Biochemistry?
Answer: Above mentioned answer is valid for this question.
If you have questions regarding M.D. Biochemistry Course, you may leave your inquiry below.