M.D. Anaesthesia is a 3-year PG degree in medicine. The eligibility for the course is an MBBS degree from NMC recognized college with a minimum of 55% marks as required.
Anesthesiologists play a vital role in human surgical procedures, as they are responsible for carefully monitoring the patients closely during the surgical procedures for their anaesthetic needs.
Subjects studied under the programme will the different concepts of Anatomy, Biotechnology, Physiology, Physics of Anaesthesiology, and subjects in Pharmacology.
The main objective of Study M.D. Anaesthesia is to make a doctor become a capable faculty and anaesthetic in the field of surgical procedures in hospital. 339 private and government colleges in India offering a total of 2694 MD Anaesthesia seats.
Achievement After completion of M.D. Anaesthesia degree, doctors are ready for the following
- Professionalism attitude & Communication skills
- Knowledge of Anaesthesia
- Teaching Anaesthesiology
- Problem Solving
The Real question – coming to your mind:
- is this course worthy for me or my children?
- Will I get a good career after doing this course?
in this article, you will get all your questions arising in your mind.
- 1 MD Anaesthesia (Doctorate of Medicine)
- 2 M.D Anaesthesia Course Duration
- 3 The career scope after MD Anaesthesia
- 4 M.D. Anaesthesia Fees Structure
- 5 Job employment sectors
- 6 Job Titles
- 7 Syllabus of M.D. Anaesthesia
- 8 Admission Procedure of M.D. Anaesthesia
- 9 Salary offered for M.D. Anaesthesia (Doctorate of Medicine)
- 10 Top Medical Colleges offering MD Anaesthesia course are:
- 11 Top Ranking Medical Colleges M.D. Anaesthesia Cutoff
- 12 Placements Stats of M.D Anaesthesia
- 13 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
MD Anaesthesia (Doctorate of Medicine)
|M.D. Full-Form||Doctorate of Medicine|
|Age limit||No limit|
|Average Pkg.||12 Lacs Per Year|
|Average Fee||5000 to 15 Lacs Per year|
|Total Seats in India||3694|
|Colleges offering M.D Biochemistry||339 Colleges|
|Eligibility||MBBS passed from MCI Recognized institute.|
|Job Title||Anaesthetist, Registrar, Senior Resident, Critical Care Specialist, Assistant Professor, Consultant Anesthesia Specialis, Etc.|
Admission Contact Form
M.D Anaesthesia Course Duration
MD Anaesthesia refers to the practice of administering medications either by injection or by inhalation which will induce a short-lived state of loss of sensation or awareness, thus blocking operative pain and suffering. Anaesthesia includes analgesia (prevention or relief from pain), muscle relaxation (paralysis), memory loss(amnesia), or unconsciousness. Generally, a patient is anaesthetized to perform painless medical procedures (surgery or dentistry) that might otherwise cause severe or intolerable pain.
|Duration||3 Years ( Two years for those who have done 2 years PG Diploma in the same subject)|
The career scope after MD Anaesthesia
M.D. Anaesthesia is placed in the teaching field in government or in private sectors and many other fields such as Nursing Homes, Health Centres, Laboratories, Government/Private Hospitals, Own Business or Private Practice.
M.D. Anaesthesia Fees Structure
Fees of M.S. Anaesthesia vary from 5 thousand to 26 lacs per year, Government college having minimum fees wherever private college is having fees up to 26 lacs.
Job employment sectors
Below given Job employment areas available for M.D. Anaesthesia PG’s
- Nursing Homes
- Health Centres
- Government/Private Hospitals
- Own Business or Private Practice
Below given Job titles in different employment areas given for M.D. Anaesthesia PG’s
- Senior Resident
- Critical Care Specialist
- Assistant Professor
- Consultant Anesthesia Specialist
Syllabus of M.D. Anaesthesia
MD Anesthesia Syllabus by various colleges and universities in India
- Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Pain Management
- Principles of Anaesthesia
- Intensive Care Medicine
- Applied Clinical Pharmacology
- Anaesthesia for specialities
Admission Procedure of M.D. Anaesthesia
PG Admissions is done on the basis of the NEET PG Score of the concerned candidate conducted by NTA(National Testing Agency). After the NEET PG Results, counseling is conducted by the state quota seats and all Indian seats.
Salary offered for M.D. Anaesthesia (Doctorate of Medicine)
According to payscale, the average salary offered is 1.5 lacs for MD is given below.
Top Medical Colleges offering MD Anaesthesia course are:
Top 10 Govt. Medical College
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Government Medical College, Kozhikode
- GSVM Medical College, Kanpur
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
- University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh
- Lady Hardinge Medical College for Women, New Delhi
- Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Puducherry
Top 10 Private Medical College
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- JSS Medical College, Mysore
- St John’s National Academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, New Delhi
- SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Chennai
- Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana
Top Ranking Medical Colleges M.D. Anaesthesia Cutoff
|VMMC New Delhi||21447||36394||73207||42446|
Placements Stats of M.D Anaesthesia
Below given Job Designation and thair Details:
Registrar – Cardiac Anaesthesia
The individual has to work on the process and its overall consequences regarding the anaesthesia
Senior Residents – Anaesthesia
The professionals have to work on where contemporary research was done by the veteran scientist with regards to anaesthesia.
The professional will work as a consultant with the professionals/doctors doing the process of anaesthesia over the patients.
The individuals actually have to do the Anaesthesia process over the people with the consent of the apex courts.
Senior Registrar Anaesthesia
The people will be working as senior registered in the domain of detailed work ethics and process regulation of the medical process.
Asst. Professor – Anaesthesia
The individuals have to educate an entire bunch of professionals in University/college with a lot of significance and dignity.
Critical Care Specialist
The specialists have to work on the emergency process which can happen during the process of anaesthesia.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Question: What are the job opportunities abroad after passing MD?
Answer: There are few career opportunities in India and Abroad:
Question: What are the career opportunities after doing MD Anaesthesia?
Answer: Above mentioned answer is valid for this question.
If you have questions regarding M.D. Anaesthesia Course, you may leave your inquiry below.