MCC is a committee working for the medical education admission counselling under the directorate general of health services. Therefore, an official body playing a crucial role in the NEET UG counselling is MCC. Full-Form of MCC is Medical Counselling Committee, and it is a government organization or committee working under the Directorate General of Health Service. The abbreviation of Directorate General of Health Service is DGHS. It is vital to know about the affiliation of DGHS because it is working under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- 1 Key Highlights of MCC, Medical Counselling Committee
- 2 Roles and Responsibilities of MCC
- 3 MCC UG Counselling Highlights
- 4 When does MCC Counselling Starts for U.G. Courses?
- 5 What is MCC UG Counselling?
- 6 MCC PG Counselling Key-Highlights
- 7 What is MCC PG Counselling?
- 8 What is MCC Super-Specialty Counselling?
- 9 What Medical Counselling Committee Do?
- 10 Judgements or Gazette Notifications
- 11 MCC Contact Information
- 12 Universities and Colleges Under MCC
- 13 Eligibility for NEET-UG 15% All India Quota Counselling MBBS Admission
- 14 How Many Choices Available in the MCC UG Counselling?
- 15 MCC Deemed University Counselling Eligibility
- 16 MCC Central Universities Counselling Eligibility
- 17 The Bottom Line
- 18 FaQs
Key Highlights of MCC, Medical Counselling Committee
|Name of Body||Medical Counselling Committee|
Abbreviation of Medical Counselling Committee
Counselling Done For
Government and Deemed Medica and dental l Colleges
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Admission Seat Allotment on the Basis of NEET Score for MBBS and BDS Admission.
Roles and Responsibilities of MCC
1). Allotment of medical courses seats done under the inspection of MCC, and this body is responsible for the U.G., P.G. and Super-Specialty Dental Courses in Government Colleges and Deemed to be University.
2). How does MCC do the marks allotment for MBBS Admission in India? It is also a major question that came to the mind of students who are looking for the Medical Counselling Committee review. The MCC performs allotment of medical courses admission in government and deemed colleges based on the candidates’ score in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
3). Allotment includes so many different factors: merit list, reservations criteria of NEET, eligibility, and the choice filling and locking process by the candidate.
4). Here is one more that is important to know for the undergraduate admission by MCC NEET Counselling, and it is the percentage of seats filled by this body. Currently, MCC is responsible for filling U.G. admission on 15% All India Quota Seats in all government-run/branches colleges and different deemed colleges for both BDS and MBBS courses.
MCC UG Counselling Highlights
|15% All India Quota seats MBBS/ BDS Seats of States||Participation of the Union Territory of J&K is subject to their contribution of seats|
|100%MBBS/ BDS Seats of BHU||Central University|
|100% MBBS Seats of AIIMS across India||Central University|
|100% JIPMER seats (Puducherry/ Karaikal)||Central University|
|100% AMU||Central University|
|85% of State Quota seats of DU/ I.P University||(VMMC/ ABVIMS/ESIC Dental),|
|100% -Faculty of Dentistry (Jamia Milia Islamia)||Along with 5% internal Quota of Jamia students|
|15% IP quota seats of ESIC|
When does MCC Counselling Starts for U.G. Courses?
A main query of the students is the counselling time of NEET UG by MCC. Usually, MCC Counselling starts after the results of the NEET-UG exam, and MCC releases the dates and official notification regarding the Counselling scheme, counselling schedule, and name of colleges with seat matrix on the official website.
What is MCC UG Counselling?
MCC is responsible for allotting seats for medical courses on 15% AIQ UG Courses, 50% AIQ PG Courses, and 100% Seats on Super-Specialty Courses according to the notification of NMC.
- First of all, 15% All India Quota Seats for MBBS and BDS for all states and U.T. filled by MCC under MCC NEET UG Counselling.
- 100% MBBS, BDS Seats of BHU
- 100% MBBS Seats of AIIMS Across India
- 100% JIPMER Seats (Puducherry/ Karaikal)
- 100% AMU
- DU/ I.P University VMMC/ ABVIMS/ESIC Dental 85% State Quota Seta’s
- I.P. quota seats of ESIC 15% Seats filled by MCC.
- Faculty of Dentistry 100% Seats
MCC PG Counselling Key-Highlights
What is MCC PG Counselling?
- MCC is also conducting NEET PG Counselling for the P.G. Medical Courses Admission in India.
- 50% All India Quota Seats of All States and UT
- 100% Seats of Central Universities in India Including Aligarh Muslim University/ Banaras Hindu University/ University of Delhi/ Central Institutes.
- 100 Seats of Deemed to be Universities.
- 50% AIQ PG Seats of Colleges under Employee State Insurance Corporation
What is MCC Super-Specialty Counselling?
MCC also conducts Super Specialty Courses Admission Counselling for the 100% Seats of contributing seats for the state, private, and deemed universities by the DGHS.
What Medical Counselling Committee Do?
- MCC.nic.in is the official website of MCC, and The MCC has done Maintenance and updates of the website.
- Maintenance of the official website of MCC DGHS has been done through this official government body.
- Making counselling procedure hassle-free and transparent for the students for government colleges MBBS admission in India.
- Determine NEET UG counselling procedure, schedule, and official dates.
- Coordination with concerned agencies and universities for the MBBS counselling again state and U.T. quota seats.
- Matters related to court cases of institutes, universities, and states also transferred to MCC
- All major functions and duties related to counselling and seat allocation under AIQ.
- Determining the list of counselling centers and making all arrangements and paperwork associated with counselling centers.
- Determining MCC NEET UG Counselling Fee
- Working on funds audit to be placed under its disposal
Judgements or Gazette Notifications
- DR. DINESH KUMAR & ORS. VS. MOTILAL NEHRU MEDICAL COLLEGE, ALLAHABAD & ORS. (CWP no. 348-352 of 1985).
- SHARAWAN KUMAR VS. DIRECTOR GENERAL HEALTH SERVICES & ANR. (W.P. no. 443/1992).
- ANAND S. BIJI vs. STATE OF KERALA & ORS I.A. NO.16/2012 IN CIVIL APPEAL NO(s). 1944 OF 1993
- DAR-US-SLAM EDUCATIONAL TRUST AND ORS VS. MEDICAL COUNCIL OF INDIA AND ORS. (W.P.no 267 of 2017)
2020-21 academic year onwards, MCC began counseling for all AIIMS in U.G. Curses and Both JIPMER according to the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare orders. AIQ Reservations Seats are 27% OBC & 10 % EWS.
MCC Contact Information
MCC CALL CENTRE
Universities and Colleges Under MCC
MCC Do Counselling for the admission of 15% seats in all colleges of India. What are these colleges? These colleges are 100% Deemed Universities, Central.
Universities (Delhi University, AMU & BHU including Institutional/ Domicile Quota), ESIC & AFMS & 100% seats of VMMC & SJH (15% AIQ + 85% Institutional Quota).
Eligibility for NEET-UG 15% All India Quota Counselling MBBS Admission
Students must check the eligibility at the MCC Website. However, Eligibility for NEET-UG 15% All India Quota Counselling depends on the NEET score of students and ranking.
How Many Choices Available in the MCC UG Counselling?
Several choices are crucial to know for the students. Hence, we want to clear one thing here for the students: choices are based on candidate eligibility.
MCC Deemed University Counselling Eligibility
How to know “I am eligible for the deemed university counselling”? Are you also looking for the answer to the same question? Students who qualified for All India Quota Seats cutoff and merit are eligible for the Deemed University Counselling.
MCC Central Universities Counselling Eligibility
Delhi University (LHMC, UCMS, MAMC): – 15% Seats will be contributed to All India Quota 85% seats, candidates who have studied 11th & 12th grade in Delhi are eligible for Institutional Quota of 85%.
On the other hand, in AMU, 50% Institutional reservation facility is available for those students who have been studying in their schools for the last 3 years.
BHU MCC NEET UG Counselling is also a crucial thing to know. Students eligible for the NEET Counselling can apply for the BHU Counselling.
The Bottom Line
MCC is an important body for NEET-UG, and many students also refer to this committee as the MCC NEET. MCC Website is one of the helpful resources for the students to get information about MCC Counselling dates, rules, and other stuff. Neet nta.nic.in is the official website of NEET, and here you can explore the dates of NEET 2022.
MCC Full Form is Medical Counselling Committee.
MCC Registration is the process of NEET Counselling. His process includes admission in MBBS, BDS, and Ayush Courses admission.
MCC Counselling Eligibility refers to all those students who clear the NEET UG exam and score as per the MCC counselling cutoff and merit list.