What is MBBS?
MBBS is a Bachelor’s Degree for medical aspirants who aim to become a doctor. The extensive form of MBBS is “Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery“. It is a bachelor’s degree in medical science. Once you complete your MBBS in India, you can work as a doctor or medical practitioner. Subjects are comprehensive in this course to study for students. Students can choose any particular specialization of MBBS according to their preference.
MBBS Course Details to Know:
In this MBBS Admission Guide, you must know about the course details too. Pre and Para-Clinical Subjects are the primary stages of this degree. In these two courses, subjects included are Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Forensic, Medicine Including Pharmacology and Toxicology. During the 5 Year Degree course, students get both practical and theoretical approaches for patient care in the medical industry.
How Many Years of MBBS?
Major MBBS Specialization Fields for Students:
➡ General Medicine
➡ General Surgery
➡ ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat)
➡ Obstetrics & Gynecology
➡ Plastic Surgery
➡ Pediatric Surgery
➡ Cardiothoracic surgery
➡ Cognito-urinary surgery
➡ Clinical Hematology
Eligibility Criteria of MBBS in India:
- 10+ 2 from the recognized board and institution
- Must Pass 10 + 2 with Science Subjects (Physics Chemistry, Biology/Zoology/Botany).
- Must Have English as the Main Subject in 10 + 2
- Age Eligibility for MBBS India is 17 Years at the time of admission
- Also overview the terms of the Medical Council of India for MBBS Admission
- Maximum of Age of Candidate Must Not Exceed Than 25 Years
- For AIMS Percentage for General Category Should Be 60% in 10 + 2 and for Reserve Category it must be 45%.
MBBS Entrance Exam Details:
Students can’t get direct admission in MBBS on behalf of 10 +2 marks and performance. They need to clear National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test to gain access to MBBS in India. It is the only approach to pursue this degree from both private and government colleges for medical.
NEET Cut Off: (2021 Qualifying Cut Off)
Before NEET, two major medical entrance tests were conducted for the MBBS Admission in India, such as JIPMER MBBS Exam and AIIMS MBBS Exam. In 2019, NEET became the vital medical entrance test for MBBS admission. Category NEET 2021 Cut Off NEET cut-off marks
Top MBBS Colleges in India:
Medical Colleges in India offer courses for medical education for graduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. levels. The role of MBBS Colleges in India is working as the pillar in the medicine industry development of the country because these institutes train and skill top doctors of our country and the world as well.
Our country is working on the initiative of best medical care for the patients, and doctors are the central pillar to accomplish this notion. As per the law of India, MBBS is a Bachelor Degree in Medicine which India Medical Council Act was set up in 1956 till National Medical Commission Act 2019. A 5.5 Year Course MBBS India has a mandatory one-year internship. After completing the MBBS degree, you can also apply for the Post Graduate Courses of Medical Science or Paramedical
There are two types of institutions to pursue MBBS in India: Government Medical College and Private Medical College. Getting admission to the medical college is a big battle between the students because seats are limited, and the count of students is so much comprehensive. Therefore, if you are preparing to get admission to Government College for Medical, you must be ready for the higher competition. Ranking 2021 of NIRF
College Name NIRF Score
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences||Delhi||92.07|
|Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research||Chandigarh||82.62|
|Christian Medical College||Vellore||75.33|
|National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences||Bangalore||73.62
|Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of
|Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham||Coimbatore||69.25|
|Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi||67.62|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical
Education & Research
|King George Medical University||Lucknow||64.67|
|Kasturba Medical College||Manipal||63.67|
|Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical
Sciences and Technology
|Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences||Delhi
|St. John's Medical College||Bengaluru||60.83|
|Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education
|Aligarh Muslim University||Aligarh||58.10|
|Madras Medical College & Government General Hospital||Chennai||57.88
|Maulana Azad Medical College||Delhi||56.35|
|Vardhman Mahavir Medical College &
|Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth||Pune||55.96|
|S.R.M. Institute of Science and Technology||Chennai
MBBS Fees in India:
The lowest MBBS Fees in India (Private College) is 4,00,000 Per Annum and the Highest MBBS Fees in India (Private College) is 26,00,000. Here is also the overview of the college fees of government and private colleges (the top colleges).
Top Government Medical Colleges in India Fees:
MBBS Course Fees in India is the point of concern for many middle class and low- background families because they are looking for the best education and cheapest MBBS Colleges in India for kids. Getting admission to the Best Government Medical Colleges in India is the best opportunity for the students because the fees of these colleges are also the lowest then the medical or private colleges.
|Best Government MBBS Colleges||Fees|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences,
|Banaras Hindu University||INR 16,000|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate
Medical Education and Research
|King’s George Medical University||INR 54,900|
|Aligarh Muslim University||INR 53,67,600|
|Maulana Azad Medical College||INR 15,400|
|Vardhman Mahavir Medical College||INR 33,500|
|University College of Medical Sciences||INR 7,045|
|Annamalai University||INR 554,370|
|Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical
Top Private MBBS Colleges Fees in India:
MBBS Fee Structure is important to know for the students. When it comes to knowing the MBBS Courses Fees, then we can say that Private Medical College Fee is pretty much higher than the top government medical colleges in India. Around 276 private medical colleges are in India. Here is the overview of the top private MBBS colleges of India and their fee.
|College Name||Average Fees|
|CMC Vellore||INR 48,330|
|Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher
Education and Research
|St. John’s Medical College||INR 628,000|
|Jamia Hamdard University||INR 12,80,000|
|Kasturba Medical College||INR 14,40,000|
|Christian Medical College||INR 660,000|
|JSS Medical College||INR 14,75,000|
|Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University||INR 17,90,000|
|Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth||INR 27,50,000|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology||INR 22,50,000|
|Dr. D Y Patil Medical College Mumbai||INR 25,75,0000|
Are IELTS/TOEFL Exam Mandatory for MBBS in India?
No, IELTS/TOEFL exams are not mandatory for the MBBS Exam in India. Some students think that this exam is mandatory for the students, but that’s not true, and you don’t need to pursue IELTS/TOEFL exams.
Medium of MBBS India:
English, Hindi, and Regional Languages are the medium of study of MBBS in India.
Documents Required for MBBS Admission:
➡ 10th Marksheet
➡ Class 12th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
➡ Admit Card of NEET of Current Year
➡ NEET Rank Card of Current Year
➡ Category Certificate (if applicable)
➡ Character Certificate
➡ Migration Certificate
➡ Passport-size Photographs
MBBS Seats in India:
One of the most prominent aspects for the medical students preparing for the MBBS from India must know about the seats in both government and private colleges. MBBS Seats are always more than BDS Seats in India, and last year, around 70K+ Seats of MBBS and 26K+ Seats in BDS were allotted to the students.
|Types of Colleges||MBBS Seats||BDS Seats|
|AIIMS & JIPMER
Top 50 Government Medical Colleges in India:
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
2. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
3. Christian Medical College, Vellore
4. National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, Bangalore
5. Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
6. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
7. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
8. Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry
9. King George`s Medical University, Lucknow
10. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
11. Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
12. Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi
13. St. John's Medical College, Bengaluru
14. Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai
15. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
16. Madras Medical College & Government General Hospital, Chennai
17. Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
18. Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
19. Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune 20. S.R.M. Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
O Anusandhan, Bhubaneswar
22. Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
23. Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
24. JSS Medical College, Mysore
25. Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
26. Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana
27. Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Chennai
28. All India Institute of Medical Sciences Jodhpur
29. Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh
30. University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi
31. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar
32. Medical College, Kolkata
33. PSG Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Coimbatore
34. Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha
35. Maharishi Markandeshwar, Ambala 36. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar
37. M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru
38. Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur
39. SCB Medical College and Hospital, Cuttack
40. Annamalai University, Annamalainagar
41. Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Mumbai
42. Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Deemed University, Karad
43. Narayana Medical College, Nellore
44. Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal
45. K. S. Hegde Medical Academy, Mangaluru
46. Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Puducherry
47. Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi
48. Tirunelveli Medical College, Tirunelveli
49. Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute, Kelambakkam
50. Shri B.M.Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Vijayapura
Advantages of Study MBBS in India:
1). MBBS Doctors have a bright future in India and Abroad as well. They can also make a career in foreign countries.
2). MBBS Degree ranks in the top qualification in India.
3). Clinically Exposure is also worthy in MBBS for the students
4). Every year, the number of doctors is also increasing by the government.
5). You can work as a medical professional in a reputed healthcare firm and sector.
6). College Infrastructure to MBBS Study is also very impressive
Top Recruiters Organizations of MBBS:
Organizations that hire talent in the form of leading doctors and research specialists from MBBS Students are also important for the students because they want to know about the best hospitals and companies for a progressive career. Medanta Hospitals rank in the first position among all major recruiters of MBBS in India. Fortis Healthcare is the major health care organization that appoints countless MBBS doctors from the university after the internship. Here is the complete list of all major recruiters of MBBS in India.
- Medanta Hospitals Fortis Healthcare Ltd
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Apollo Munich Health Industries Co Ltd
- Sri Ganga Ram Hospital Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre
- Wockhardt Ltd Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd
- Cipla Ltd Religare Health Insurance Company Ltd
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
Region-Wise MBBS Seats in India:
Here we are also going to categorize seats and colleges of MBBS in India as per the region. There are four regions in India such as South, North, East, and West. The total number of seats in all regions is around 43650.
South India MBBS Colleges and Seats:
Total 154 Colleges are offering MBBS in South India of which 52 are government colleges and 102 are private entities. Government Colleges seats in South India are 6830 and Private Colleges Seats are 13705. That means the total numbers of seats for MBBS in South India are around 20535.
West India MBBS Colleges and Seats:
Total 77 Colleges are offering MBBS in West India of which 34 are government colleges and 43 are private entities. Government Colleges seats in West India are 4540 and Private Colleges Seats are 5295. That means the total number of seats for Medical Study in West India
are estimated at 9835.
North India MBBS Colleges and Seats:
Total 70 Colleges are offering MBBS in North India of which 37 are government colleges and 33 are private entities. Government Colleges seats in North India are 4499 and Private Colleges Seats are 3745. That means the total number of seats for MBBS in North India is 8244.
East India MBBS Colleges and Seats:
Total 47 Colleges are offering MBBS in East India of which 37 are government colleges and 10 are private entities. Government Colleges seats in East India are 4116 and Private Colleges Seats are 1010. That means the total numbers of seats for MBBS in East India are 5026.
MBBS in India State Wise Seats:
Number State & Union Territory
Number of Colleges Govt. Colleges
31 13 18 2410 2800 5210
2 Assam 8 8 0 1050 0 1050
3 Bihar 17 11 6 1390 750 2140
4 Chandigarh 1 1 0 150 0 150
10 7 3 895 450 1345
6 Delhi 10 8 2 1222 200 1422
7 Goa 1 1 0 180 0 180
8 Gujarat 31 18 13 3700 2000 5700
9 Haryana 12 5 7 710 950 1660
8 7 1 770 150 920
11 Jammu and
10 9 1 1035 100 1135
12 Jharkhand 8 7 1 630 150 780
13 Karnataka 60 19 41 2900 6445 9345
14 Kerala 31 10 21 1555 2550 4105
23 14 9 2135 1450 3585
16 Maharashtra 57 26 31 4430 4570 9000
17 Manipur 2 2 0 225 0 225
18 Mizoram 1 1 0 100 0 100
19 Odisha 12 8 4 1250 700 1950
20 Puducherry 9 2 7 380 1150 1530
21 Punjab 10 4 6 650 775 1425
22 Rajasthan 24 16 8 2900 1300 4200
23 Sikkim 1 0 1 0 50 50
24 Tamil Nadu 52 26 26 3650 4350 8000
25 Telangana 34 11 23 1790 3450 5240
26 Tripura 2 1 1 125 100 225
57 26 31 3178 4250 7428
28 Uttarakhand 6 4 2 525 300 825
26 20 6 3150 850 4000
Total 558 289 269 43435 39840 83275
1). Which are the Cheapest Colleges for MBBS in India?
R.G Kar Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata
2). What does MBBS Stand for?
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
3). What is an Average MBBS Fee in Government College?
Fees for MBBS in Government College depends on the type of institution because MBBS Fee Structure is different for every university. The highest annual fee in government medical college is around 426500 and the lowest annual fee in MBBS is 6020.
4). Is Private College MBBS Worth It or not?
Definitely, MBBS from Private College in India is worth it for the students because of the best infrastructure of study and practical approaches. Placement opportunities abroad are also high.
5). Can You Do MBBS Without NEET?
No, NEET is the compulsory exam to pursue MBBS from government or private organizations.
6). Which is the Best University for MBBS in India?
According to the data and ranking of different portals, Delhi AIIMS consider as the best university for the MBBS India Course.
7). How Many Private MBBS Colleges in India?
8). How Many Government MBBS Colleges in India?
9). How Many Total Medical Colleges in India?