Established in 1975, Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the the urban setting of the medium-sized city of Bareilly (population range of 500,000-1,000,000 inhabitants), Uttar Pradesh. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University (MJPRU) is a coeducational higher education institution. Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University (MJPRU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. MJPRU also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, as well as administrative services.
Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University (MJP Rohilkhand University) (Hindi: महात्मा ज्योतिबा फुले रुहेलखण्ड विश्वविद्यालय), is a public (UP State Government University) university in Uttar Pradesh, India. More than 450 colleges are affiliated to the university and approximately five lakh students enroll every year for examinations. The university has taken an overall perspective of development plan. The university headquarters is in Bareilly with territorial jurisdiction extending over the districts of Bareilly, Moradabad, Rampur, Bijnore, Jyotibaphule Nagar, Budaun, Pilibhit and Shahjahanpur.The administrative block is on the outskirts of Bareilly city along Pilibhit bypass road.
MJP Rohilkhand University was established in 1975 as an affiliating university. It was carved out of the then Agra University as there was a dire need to establish a separate English medium university. Its status was upgraded to affiliating-cum-residential university in 1985 when four teaching departments were established in the campus. In 1987 three more departments were added. In August 1997, the university was renamed as Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University in the name of social reformer Mahatma Jyotiba Phule.
The university imparts non-conventional, professional and technical education through its campus, network of colleges and institutes. It has emerged as a pioneering institution Uttar Pradesh.
The university campus is spread over 206 acre . The campus has an administrative building; faculty buildings; central library; multipurpose hall; four hostels for boys and girls; staff quarters for the vice-chancellor and other officers, faculty members and non-teaching staff; guest houses; a sports complex; a medical center and a temple. National Service Scheme (NSS) is an initiative taken up by university students to take part in service of humanity. It makes them aware of their social obligation. A large number of students participate in the annual NSS camps.
- A NAAC Certification
- Only university in U.P to have department of Chemical Engineering under center of excellence.
- The University Has Been Ranked Second Best University In All Over U.P.
- The University Has Been Ranked First All Over U.P. For Last Three Consecutive Years
- UGC Allotted 6 Refresher Courses For Academic Session 2004
- M.J.P.Rohilkhand University, Established In 1975, Has Produced Massive Number Of Scholars And Technocrats In Various Field Of Arts, Science And Technology. With The Faculty Of Management, Engineering, Arts, Science, Law, Education, Technology The University Has Got Success In Every Stream Of Knowledge. In This Modern Era Technology Leads Everything, This Was Truly Recognized By The University And Institute Of Engineering And Technology Was Established In 1995. The University Has The Placement Bureau For The Job Placement Of Passing Students And Successfully Placed Various Student In The Service Of Our Nation In Various Fields.
- CHEMICAL Engineering
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronic and communication engineering
- Applied Physics
- Applied Mathematics
- Ancient history
- Applied Regional Economics
- Adult Continuing Education & Extension
- Animal Science
- Plant Science
- Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Applied English
- Department of Business administration (under Center Of Excellence)
- Department of Plant Science (under Center Of Excellence)
- Department of Applied Regional Economics(under Center Of Excellence)
- Department of Animal Science (under Center Of Excellence)
- Department of Chemical Engineering (under center of excellence)
- Hostel (M. J. P. Rohilkhand University provides accommodation facility for the outstation students. The hostels are equipped with modern facility along with cool environment for studies. The hostels are at the walking distance from the university.All the hostels are equipped with
Water Coolers Common Rooms Phone Xerox Machine Sports Facilities Canteen Mess Facility LED T.V. Facility Vehicle Stand
- Main Hostel
- New Boy’s Hostel
- BDA Hostel
- Rajkiya Hostel
- Girls Hostel(The Girls Hostel has the capacity of 300 students. This hostel is for all faculty girls.)
- Rajkiya girls Hostel
Some Other Attractions
- Remedial Coaching center (Department of Ancient History & Culture)
- Vermiculite & Vermicomposting center (Research,Training & Extension Unit)
- Botanical garden
- Union Bank Of India (UBI)Branch: ROHILKHAND UNIVERSITY IFSC Code: UBIN0550523 MICR Code: 243026006 Branch Code: 550523. ATM * and atm of union bank of India located near to the bank and parallel to CHEMICAL ENGINEERING in campus. * Post Office
The campus has a post office within its premises which is situated near the U.G. club. The post office is well equipped and caters to the needs of the students and the faculty, as well as the non-residents of the campus. The post office works on all weekdays from 9 A.M. to 3 P.M., and on Saturdays from 9 A.M. to 1 P.M Pin code 243006
|Name||Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University|
|Name||M.J.P. रोहिलखंड विश्वविद्यालय|
|Address||Dori Lal Agarwal Road, Pilibhit Bypass Road|
243 006 Uttar Pradesh
|+91 (581) 252 7263|
|+91 (581) 252 4232|