Affiliated from a deemed to be university, Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar is a major medical college in the country. The popular name of the college is KIMS. The abbreviation of KIMS is Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences.
It is a medical school of KIIT, Odisha, India. both undergraduate and postgraduate medical science courses are available in this medical college and the MBBS course in the medical science stream started in 2007 in the university. Another branch of the sister company of KIMS Bhubaneswar is the Kalinga Institute of Dental Sciences (KIDS). Students can apply for BDS and MDS Courses at this university.
Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar Gallery
About Kalinga Medical College, Bhubaneshwar
Starting a medical college notion was adopted by Achyuta Samanta. After this idea, they started the construction of the Kalinga Medical College Building and which was completed in 2004.
All facilities are installed in the building for the medical student's education and training. However, in June 2005, new building construction was completed and all new equipment was installed in the building. Initially, the institute was affiliated with Utkal University but in 2009 this university was affiliated with KIIT University. That means KIMS received permanent affiliation from the Medical Council of India for the UG medical science courses.
More About KIMS
The motto of the University is Healthcare and Healing Touch and working with such an innovative motto. The parent organization is different from this medical college and the parent organization of this medical school is the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology. University was established in 2007 and approved by National Medical Commission. It is a private deemed to be a university.
KIMS Hospital Bhubaneswar
Facilities in KIMS Hospital Bhubaneswar are also very impressive and people from across the country come to this hospital for the treatment of various major diseases. There is a different portal of KIMS Hospital and patients can also view the service of the hospital with the details of charges and an online appointment facility is also available.
Overview of Kalinga Medical College
Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) which is affiliated with KIIT is offering the best combination of experience and expertise to the students in the medical science courses. Due to the advancement of technology, most of the courses align with practical training methods. NEET is the entrance test to get admission in this college for the students.
Admission Procedure KIMS Hospital Bhubaneswar
Admission to the MBBS Program in a deemed to be university is quite a challenging task for the students because the cutoff is high of these universities and the closing rank is also less than a private college. If you want to get admission to Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar for the MBBS program, then you need to appear in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test because this examination is a mandatory entrance test in our country to get admission in both UG and PG courses for the admission goals.
MBBS Counselling in Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences Deemed University
- As a medical student or medical course aspirant, you must know about the process of Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences Deemed University MBBS Counselling.
- If you want to participate in the NEET UG Counselling then first you need to appear and crack the national eligibility cum entrance test.
- Once you clear this exam and check your result and marks obtained in the examination then fill out the counselling application form on the Medical Council of India portal.
- MCC is the official body that is responsible for the UG and PG courses counselling in deemed to be universities.
- Fill out the MBBS Counselling Application Form and Pay the Online fee for the counselling session or security deposit for the admission goals.
- Wait for the 4 rounds of counselling and check the name in the list.
- Once your name is shown in the list of MCC Counselling in Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences Deemed University then submit your documents and admission fee to the college.
Documents Required For KALINGA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES MBBS Admission
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Eight passport size photographs
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- NEET Application Form
Why Choose KIMS, Bhubaneswar?
- First reason to consider KIMS, Bhubaneswar for medicine UG degree is high-quality education. If you want to pursue in a deemed to be a university that is focusing on cutting-edge education quality for the students then KIMS, Bhubaneswar is the right choice for you.
- When it comes to checking the infrastructure capabilities of KIMS, Bhubaneswar, then these are also very impressive. Universities have all available resources for the education and training of the universities.
- KIMS, Bhubaneswar campus is located in the urban area and that’s why students do not face the issue of connectivity from campus.
- Faculty and Staff are also highly qualified of Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar and that’s why this college will be the first priority of the students in this city.
MBBS Internship Stages to Know in KIMS
Kalinga Medical College Admit Card
A student who successfully gets admission to this university can also view the information of the Kalinga medical college admit card from the official portal dashboard of the university. Once you reach the university website, then enter your registration number and details to view the admit card of the university.
Kalinga Medical College, Bhubaneshwar Results
As we know about the MBBS Course Duration and it is 5.5 years. 1-year duration is about the internship period in the university hospital. If you are looking for the Kalinga Medical College results in information then you can visit the university dashboard to view the online results. However, the university also lists the result information in the campus dashboard.
Reputation and Ranking of KALINGA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, BHUBANESWAR
Facilities of KALINGA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, BHUBANESWAR
MBBS Syllabus in KALINGA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Clinical postings inwards
- OPDs to begin here
- Community Medicine
- Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)
- Obst. Gynae
- Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology, E.N.T. Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics)
UG Course & Intake Capacity
PG Courses & Intake Capacity
|Course Name||Annual Intake (Seats)|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||3|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||9|
|MD – General Medicine||10|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||8|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||3|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||4|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||10|
|MD – Paediatrics||6|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||4|
|MS – Orthopaedics||7|
|MS – ENT||4|
|MS – General Surgery||10|
|MD – Psychiatry||3|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||2|
|MD – Physiology||2|
|MD – Pathology||8|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||6|
|MD – Microbiology||2|
|MD – Pharmacology||2|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||2|
|DM- Clinical Immunology & Rheumatology||2|
|DM – Medical Gastroenterology||3|
|DM – Neurology||2|
|M.Ch – Neuro Surgery||2|
|DM – Cardiology||2|
MBBS Fees in Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar
What about the MBBS Fees Structure in Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar? When you are also looking for the answer to the same question, then this section helps you to understand the annual MBBS fees in this college. MBBS Fees annually in this university are INR 16,00,000. Most of the Deemed University MBBS Fee Structure is different from each other but if you want to know the exact estimate of the fee, then you can also visit the official website of the university.
Hostel Fees in Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar
One more monthly or yearly expense on the students while studying in Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences Bhubaneswar is the hostel fees. Most of the students came from other states in this university and that’s why they need to get the service of the hostel in this college. However, some students also stay out of campus but a hostel is an ideal choice that is safe and compatible for the students. The monthly hostel due in Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences Bhubaneswar is INR 14,000.
MBBS UG Cut Off 2021
Round 1, 2 & MopUp
|Category||R1(Opening - Closing)||R2(Opening - Closing)||MopUp(Opening - Closing)|
41766 - 66727
48977 - 674458
49142 - 66727
243803 - 598621
NEET PG Cut Off 2021
Round 1, 2 & MopUp
The Bottom Line
At last, we can say that SUM Medical Choice is an ideal preference of the students to get admission for the MBBS in India. It’s all about the review of Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences Deemed University and with this review, you can understand the courses, fee structure, eligibility, and historical facts about the college.
Still in confusion about this college? You can also get admission guidance from the MBBS Counsellor in India because MBBS Counsellor or Consultant helps you to understand the right career opportunity in medical science as per your NEET Score.