JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research was founded in 2008. It was founded on the principles of
pursuing and fostering research-oriented higher education for the benefit of society.
This academy is made up of 6 faculty –
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Life Sciences
- Faculty of Health System Management Studies
- Faculty of Bio-medical Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmacy
About JSS College of Pharmacy:
It was established in 1980 to provide job-oriented professional courses in Pharmacy.
JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty:
|Courses offered||UG, PG, Certification, Diploma|
|Entrance Exam||JSS AHER – UG and PG|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Popular courses||B.Pharm., PharmD|
|Campus Area||6.2 acres|
|Facilities Available||Wi-Fi, Library, laboratories, Computer workstations|
|Approved by||Pharmacy Council of India and AICTE|
JSS, Ooty has been certified by NAAC with an A+ grade. It’s on 8th rank in India by NIRF Ranking-2019. It is known for its advantageous placements. Admissions in this college are offered based on entrance marks in JSS AHER for UG and PG courses.
Courses and their details:
B. Pharm Practice-
- Subject: Practice in Pharmacy
- Eligibility: The student must have passed a Diploma course in Pharmacy and it should be from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India.
- The minimum requirement is 4 years of practice along with experience in a hospital pharmacy or community. The candidate can be a registered pharmacist as well.
- Duration: 2 years
Bachelors in Pharmacology [B. Pharm]-
- Subject: Pharmacology
- Eligibility: Students must have passed 10+2 exams.
- Duration: 4 years
Bachelors in Pharmacology via Lateral entry-
- Subject: Pharmacology
- Eligibility: Aspirants having Diploma in Pharmacy qualification may join in the second year of B.Pharm as a lateral entry.
- Duration: 3 years
Doctor of Pharmacy-Post Baccalaureate-
- Subject: Pharmacy
- Eligibility: Students must have passed in B.Pharm from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India.
- Duration: 2 years + 12 months of resident internship
- Subject: Diploma in Pharmacy
- Eligibility: Students must have a 10+2 exam in the science stream or any other qualification that is approved by the Pharmacy Council of India.
- Duration: 2 years + 500 hours of practical training
Certificate Pharmacy programs-
- Subjects: Herbal Drug Standardization, Clinical Research, Pharmaceutical Quality, Medicine information
- Eligibility: Must have passed 10+2 exam in science stream or any other qualification that is approved by the Pharmacy Council of India
- Duration: 6 months
- Subject: Doctor of Pharmacy
- Eligibility: Must have passed 10+2 exams with Chemistry and Physics as main subjects along with other subjects like – Biology, Math, or, passed in D.Pharm
- Duration: 5 years + 12 months of mandatory internship
Students are selected based on merit and the marks they score in the JSS AHER – UG and PG entrance exams.
Admissions at JSS College, Ooty is entrance-based.
Students who wish to pursue a course in JSS College may follow the step given below-
- Application forms are received through online mode only.
- Have to fill in all the imperative details.
- Courses where JSS AHER marks are compulsory, JSS AHER details must be filled in properly.
- Must have a printout of the document for a hassle-free admission process.
- There will be an interview round as well.
- Students who meet the eligibility criteria and documents verified can submit the registration fee for admission.
JSS College of Pharmacy Ooty Facilities –
- Library: It has more than 30,000 books and titles for all the departments. Also, there are more than 500
Journals of Indian as well as foreign writers.
- Academic buildings: There are many lecture halls, laboratories, seminar rooms, Library, and information
Centre, Computer workstations, Auditorium, Digital classroom, etc.
- Computer Laboratory: It includes 10 computer printers. It benefits B.Pharm and PharmD students.
- Hostel: This college has hostel facilities for both girls and boys with an accommodation capacity of 290 for girls and 294 for boys. Rooms are well-furnished and have wardrobe facilities.
About the Faculty:
JSS College of Pharmacy has greatly qualified faculty members that are committed to passing on core
educational establishments. Every department has its Dean and Head and other faculty members as well.
About the Fees:
|B.Pharm||Rs. 1.45 lakhs||[ 1 st year fee]|
|PharmD||Rs. 2.85 lakhs||[ 1 st year fee]|
|D.Pharma||Rs. 55,400||[ 1 st year fee]|
|M. Pharm||Rs. 2.53 lakhs||[ 1 st year fee]|
|B. Pharm [Lateral]||Rs. 1.45 lakhs||[ 1 st year fee]|
JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
About the College
- This college is accredited by NAAC, PCI, AICTE. It offers 23 courses across 5 streams including- Science,
Vocational, Medical, Paramedical, Pharmacy.
- Well-known degrees offered at JSS are – PGD, M.Pharm, B.Pharm, PharmD, Certificate.
- Stability and educational excellence are apparent in numbers.
- It has dedicated itself to becoming a center of excellence in pharmaceutical education and research, to be a leader in the field of pharmaceutical sciences including pharmacy practice.
- The college is located at Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagara on the Mysore-Bangalore highway opposite to JSS institution’s campus. It is about 4 km from the center of Mysore, 140 km from Bangalore.
- It has well-equipped laboratories in pharmacy and basic science for the students.
- Experiments are designed to provide a better understanding.
- Have well-equipped research labs with several equipment and instruments.
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Power backup etc.
Courses with Eligibility criteria and fees:
- M.Pharm: Student who has passed B. Pharm degree exam from any recognized university and has scored at least 55% of marks, not less than this, are eligible.
- B.Pharm: Should have passed 10+2 from any recognized board with not less than 50% of marks in any combination containing P.C.M or P.C.B or P.C.M.B.
- PharmD: Must have passed class 12 exams with Chemistry and Physics as mandatory subjects along with other subjects.
- Certificate: Passed 10+2
- PGD: Student must have passed B.Pharm degree examination of any recognized university. Should
have scored at least 50% of marks.
|M.Pharm||5.12 to 6.12 lakhs|
- Students who wish to take admission to this college will have to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Admission in diploma, Pd diploma as well as doctoral course will be done based on marks secured in the last qualifying exam.
- For B.Pharm students have to give an entrance exam conducted by JSSAHER, Mysore.
- For M.Pharm, admission will be done based on the student’s performance in the GPAT exam.
- After that, students have to appear for the verification of documents as well as the fee payment procedure.