JoSAA 2021 has been started by the MHRD(Ministry of Human Resources Development) to operate and manage the joint seat allocation for admissions to more than 107 institutes for the academic year 2020-21.
This includes 25 IIITs, 23 IITs, 31 NITs and 28 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs). Admission to all the courses offered by these Institutes will be made through a single platform namely JoSAA.
JoSAA 2020 counselling for the admission in IITs, IITs, NITs, and GFTIs will begin in June 2020. The seat allotment process of JEE Main 2020 is based on the All India Rank (AIR) obtained by the candidates in the JEE Mains Exam.
- 1 Highlights of JoSAA 2021
- 2 JoSAA 2021 Seat Matrix (Tentative)
- 3 Registration
- 4 JoSAA Counselling Schedule 2021
- 5 Category wise Reserved Seat
- 6 JoSAA Counselling Procedure
- 7 Aspirants have to follow the 6 steps procedure for JoSAA 2020 counselling. Students looking for admissions in Top engineering colleges can read the detailed information below.
- 8 Documents required at the Time of Seat Acceptance at Reporting Centre :
- 9 JoSAA Round-wise Seat Allotment Results 2019
- 10 States and Union Territories coming under CSAB-NEUT 2020
- 11 FAQ’s about JoSAA
- 12 FAQ’s
Highlights of JoSAA 2021
|Total Seats offered by JoSAA||37952|
|CSAB NEUTs offering admissions||213 AICTE Institutes|
|Total seats under CSAB NEUTs(North East and Union Territories)||—|
|CSAB SFTI Participating Institutes||17 College/University|
|Total seats offered by CSAB SFTI||—|
|Participating Institutes in JoSAA||100 Institutes, IITs: 23 , NITs: 31 , IITs: 23, GFTIs: 23|
JoSAA 2021 Seat Matrix (Tentative)
JoSAA 2020 Participating Institutes
Name of the Institutes
Number of Institutes
Total Number of Seats
Indian Institute of Technology (IITs)
Indian Institute of Information Technology
Government Funded Technical Institutes
Joint Seat Allocation Authority(JoSAA) counselling 2021
Candidates who perform well in the JEE Mains can register for the JoSAA counselling 2021. In order to take admission in top engineering colleges across India that include 25 IIITs, 23 IITs, 31 NITs and 28 Other-GFTIs (Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes).
JoSAA 2021 counselling procedure is being conducted for all eligible candidates who have qualified JEE Mains for admissions in centrally funded technical institutes.
NTA conducts JEE Mains two times in a year, generally, JoSAA counselling starts in June month after the result of JEE exam conducted in January session and April session.
All eligible who have qualified JEE Mains can apply for JoSAA counselling 2020.
Receive latest news and updates regarding JoSAA 2020, by registering with us:
JoSAA Counselling Schedule 2021
If you are looking for JoSAA 2021 counselling schedule, you are in the right place. In this article, You will get the details of registration, fee, counselling dates, reporting centers, cutoff, etc.
JoSAA Counselling 2020 Schedule (Important Dates)JoSAA Counselling Process 2021
|Registration and Choice Filling (Start)||June 17, 2020|
|Commencement of Choice Filling for AAT 2020||June third week, 2020|
|Mock Seat Allocation-1 display||June last week, 2020|
|Mock Seat Allocation-2||June last week, 2020|
|Registration and Choice Filling (Last date)||June last week, 2020|
|Seat allocation, Reconciliation of data, verification and validation||June last week, 2020|
|Round 1 seat allocation||June last week, 2020|
|round 1- Document verification, seat acceptance/withdrawal & reporting||July first week, 2020|
|Seats filled/availability status||July first week, 2020|
|Round 2- seat allocation||July first week, 2020|
|round 2- Document verification, seat acceptance/withdrawl & reporting||July first week, 2020|
|Seats filled/availability status display||July first week, 2020|
|Round 3 seat allocation||July first week, 2020|
|round 3- Document verification, seat acceptance/withdrawl & reporting||July second week, 2020|
|Seats filled/availability status display||July second week, 2020|
Round 4 seat allocation
|July second week, 2020|
|Round-4 Document verification, seat acceptance/withdrawl & reporting||July second week, 2020|
|Seats filled/availability status display||July second week, 2020|
|Round 5 seat allocation||July third week, 2020|
|Round 5- Document verification, seat acceptance/withdrawal & reporting||July third week, 2020|
|Seats filled/availability status display||July third week, 2020|
|Round 6 seat allocation||July third week, 2020|
|Round-6 Document verification, seat acceptance/withdrawal & reporting||July third week, 2020|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||July third week, 2020|
|Round 7 seat allocation||July third week, 2020|
|Round-7: Document verification, seat acceptance/withdrawal & reporting. Last round for seat withdrawal at participating institutes||July last week, 2020|
JoSAA counselling 2020 is providing a counselling platform for the candidates as well as engineering colleges to choose the courses and colleges. on the basis of the preferred option, JoSAA allots the college through proper counselling in 2020.
The process-description will help the aspirants to understand the JoSAA counselling process.
JoSAA counselling schedule 2020 expected to be released in June. The details of JoSAA 2020 counselling fee payment and JoSAA seat allocation are given below.
Also Read: CSAB 2020
Category wise Reserved Seat
|Category wise seats||IITs||NITs||IIITs||GFTIs||Total|
|Available Seats for Open Category||5394||8640||1672||2179||17885|
|Available Seats for Open-PwD Category||159||262||47||74||543|
|Available Seats for SC Category||1595||2565||506||551||5216|
|Available Seats for ST Category||800||1631||258||363||3052|
|Available Seats for OBC Category||2870||4496||897||763||9026|
|Available Seats for SC-PwD Category||50||74||15||14||153|
|Available Seats for ST-PwD Category||32||56||7||13||108|
|Available Seats for OBC-PwD Category||89||143||31||22||285|
|Available Total Seats for all Categories||11279||17967||4023||4683||37952|
JoSAA Counselling Procedure
Aspirants have to follow the 6 steps procedure for JoSAA 2020 counselling. Students looking for admissions in Top engineering colleges can read the detailed information below.
Also, all interested candidates for JoSAA counselling 2020 are advised to check the eligibility criteria thoroughly. You can also check your JEE Main Rank here.
Candidates should follow the guidelines during the registration and Choice Filling procedure. It was declared that the registration process will start tentatively from June 2020.
Candidates have to register themselves, by providing the JEE Main Roll Number & Password. JEE Advanced candidates can just enter their password to log in.
After login, candidates have to provide details like Gender, Nationality, State Code of Eligibility, Mobile Number, Valid Email ID, etc. Candidates have to check their details before submitting them.
JoSAA Counselling Fee Payment 2020
- If you have got allotted a seat through JoSAA counselling 2020, make sure that you download the provisional allotment letter along with the e-challan for the payment of seat acceptance fee.
- The seat acceptance fee for general(UR) candidates is Rs. 45,000/-(Forty-five thousand). whereas, for SC, UR-PwD, ST, OBC-NCL-PwD, ST-PwD and SC-PwD candidates the fee will be Rs. 20,000/-(Twenty thousand). And, that can be paid either through SBI net banking and e-challan.
- These fees will be included in the semester fees once the student has confirmed admission.
Once the registration part is completed, candidates have to fill the choices of Colleges & Courses based on Marks obtained in JEE Main & JEE Advanced, Category, Availability of Seats.
Locking of Choices
Candidates have to lock their choices after the final choice filling. Those candidates will not lock their final choices. The filled option of those candidates will be locked automatically after window closing. Now, for future reference, take a print out of the filled options and keep it.
Seat allocation of JoSAA 2020 will be done in 7 rounds along with two mock allocations. Allotment will be based on JEE Main & JEE Advanced Scores, Choice Filling & Availability of seats.
Candidates whose seats are allotted should download the provisional seat allotment letter. Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee is to be done by the applicants. Candidates have to pay Rs 35,000/- (General Candidates) & Rs 15,000/- (ST/SC/Gen-PwD/OBC-NCL-PwD/SC-PwD or ST-PwD).
Candidates who are not satisfied with the allotted seat can go for the following options :
- Floating: This option is for the candidates, who accept the offered seat but look for up-gradation to get admissions in better Institute & Course.
- Freezing: This option is to the candidates, who accept the allotted seat and does not like to participate in further rounds.
- Sliding: If this option used, it will mean that candidates have accepted the allotted seat, however, if admissions are open in a better course in the same institute then he/she will go for up-gradation.
Finally, allotted candidates have to report at the Institutes, to confirm their seats by paying their fee.
JoSAA Reporting Centres 2020
- Those candidates who have been secured seats through counselling will have to report at the assigned reporting centers for verification of documents.
- The Candidates will have to carry all the documents at reporting centers as mentioned below.
- Those who are not able to produce the original documents at the reporting centers, the admission of that candidate will be known as canceled.
- Candidates who have been allotted colleges other than IIT, NIT, and GFTI, those candidates have to submit their first semester/year fees to the concerned college to confirm their seats. Only, the seat of that person doing this will be considered confirmed from that institution.
Documents required at the Time of Seat Acceptance at Reporting Centre :
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Proof for DOB(Date of birth) [Class X marks sheet]
- Class XII performance
- Class XII (or equivalent) board marks sheet. If available, pass certificate
- Original Admit card of JEE Advanced 2020
- Undertaking by the candidate
- 2 passport size photographs identical to the one uploaded at the time of JEE-Mains/Advanced 2020 registration.
- Seat acceptance fee payment proof done through only State Bank of India (SBI) by three modes online net banking, debit cards, and E-Challan[For Other than SC/ST/PwD: Rs. 35,000/- and For SC/ST/PwD: Rs. 15,000/-]
- Medical certificate
- Category certificate (OBC-NCL/SC/ST), if applicable
- The OBC-NCL certificate should be dated on or after tentative April 2020. The certificate should clearly mention that the candidate belongs to the non-creamy layer and the caste of the candidate must be in the state-wide central list of OBCs.
- Certificate of PwD(Persons with Disabilities), if applicable.
- For foreign nationals: Passport of the candidate and parents, OCI certificate or PIO card, if applicable.
- DS certificate (if applicable)
- Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment.
For NITs and other GFTIs:
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Admit card of JEE (Main) 2019
- Scorecard of JEE (Main) 2019
- Proof for DOB(Date of birth)[Class X marks sheet]
- Class XII performance check
- Class XII (or equivalent) board marks sheet.
- 3 passport size photographs identical to the one uploaded at the tome of JEE-Mains 2020 registration.
- Undertaking by the candidate
- Seat acceptance fee payment proof done through only State Bank of India (SBI) by three modes online net banking, debit cards, and E-Challan[For Other than SC/ST/PwD: Rs. 35,000/- and For SC/ST/PwD: Rs. 15,000/-].
- Photo identity card [issued by govt. agency/last attended school/Class XII admit card]
- Indian nationals who passed the 12th/qualifying examination from Bhutan/Nepal/Abroad must bring a passport. The permanent address given in the passport will determine the state code of the concerned candidate.
- The candidates having a 12th/Senior Secondary Certificate from the NIOS(National Institute Open School) must bring proof of the place of examination center of the final examination to determine the state code.
- Medical certificate
- Category certificate (OBC-NCL/SC/ST), if applicable.
Further, candidates who are planning to apply for JoSAA Counseling 2020. And, they should ensure that they collect all the important documents for the JoSAA Document Verification Round. Because it is extremely important to secure entry.
JoSAA 2020 seat allotment will be done in seven rounds of counselling and is likely to conclude tentatively in the last week of July.
JoSAA Round-wise Seat Allotment Results 2019
Round 1 to 7: JoSAA Cut off 2019
JoSAA Cut off or JoSAA Opening & Closing Ranks 2019 for Round 6 is available on the official website. The Joint Seat Allocation Authority(JoSAA) will release round-wise opening ranks and closing ranks for various programs offered by 107 participating institutes including the IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs.
|Round||Opening & Closing Rank||Institute-wise Allotment|
|Round 1||Round 1 2019 check here||Institute round-1|
|Round 2||Round-2 2019 Check here||Institute round-2|
|Round 3||Round-3 2019 check here||Institute round-3|
|Round 4||Round-4 2019 check here||Institute round-4|
|Round 5||Round-5 2019 check here||Institute round-5|
|Round 6||Round-6 2019 check here||Institute round-6|
|Round 7||Round-7 2019 check here||Institute round-7|
States and Union Territories coming under CSAB-NEUT 2020
Total 8 States and 4 Union Territory
Assam, Tripura, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Andaman & Nicobar, Daman & Diu, and Lakshadweep.
FAQ’s about JoSAA
Q: What is JoSAA Counselling?
A: JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is a counselling authority which is started by the Ministry of Human Resources Development(MHRD). Joint Seat Allocation Authority conducts all the counselling related activities for admissions in IITs, NITs, ISM, IIITs, NSITs, and other GFTIs.
Q: How many rounds of seat allotment are there in JoSAA 2020?
A: There is seven round of counselling done in JoSAA.
Q: Will there be any other round after 7 rounds of counselling in JoSAA?
A: No, there isn’t any round after 7th. JoSAA counselling process has been done in 7 rounds.
Q: Is JoSAA Counselling free?
A: yes, it’s free. There isn’t any registration fee for taking part in JoSAA counselling. In fact, after allotment a seat if you want to accept the seat you have to pay seat acceptance fee. And, after getting admission through JoSAA counselling your paid money will be considered as an admission fee.
Q: How many seats are there in JoSAA?
A: Around 36000 thousand are coming under JoSAA(Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
Q: How does the JoSAA seat allotment process take place?
A: The registered candidates are allotted seats based on the rank in JEE-Main/Advanced. Actually, it is based on choices filled during registration.
Q: What is the process of JoSAA?
A: JoSAA counselling process has been done in 7 rounds. JoSAA conducts all the counselling related activities for admissions in IITs, NITs, ISM, IIITs, NSITs, and other GFTIs.
Q: What actually is JoSAA?
A: Fulform of JoSAA is a Joint seat allocation authority.
Q: How accurate is the mock seat allocation result of JoSAA?
Que: What are some tips to fill choices in JoSAA counselling?
Q: How is the admission process through Joint Seat Allocation Authority at NITs?
Q: How does Joint Seat Allocation Authority counselling work?
I hope this article will be useful for the candidates to get the details of JoSAA Registration, Fees Payment, Admissions, Eligibility Criteria, Counselling & Document Verification.
If you have any queries regarding Joint Seat Allocation Authority 2020, please mention it in the comment box. And, our counselor will help you.
Share this article with your friends.