A premier medical college located in Odisha state, The Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar is one of the major medical colleges that have the status of a deemed university. The Institute of Medical Sciences and Sum Hospital is a medical school affiliated with Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. University achieve the status of deemed to be university in 2007 from Medical Council of India.
The popular name of the college is IMS and SUM Hospital. Currently, the university is offering UG courses for both medical and dental courses in non-clinical departments. Now, this university is also offering post-graduation courses in clinical subjects like Surgery and Anesthesia. Specialty services of SUM Hospital are Neurosurgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urology, oncological surgery, surgical gastroenterology, endocrinology, rheumatology, cardiology, neurology, nephrology, plastic surgery, and neo-natalogy.
- 1 Key Highlights of Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar
- 2 Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar Gallery
- 3 Admission Procedure
- 4 MBBS in India
- 5 Reputation and Ranking of IMS AND SUM HOSPITAL
- 6 Facilities of IMS AND SUM HOSPITAL
- 7 Course Offered
- 8 Fee Structure
- 9 MBBS Syllabus in INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES AND SUM HOSPITAL
- 10 Cut Off
- 11 The Bottom Line
- 12 Contact Details
Key Highlights of Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar
|Name of College||Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar|
IMS and SUM Hospital
Bhubaneswar, Odisha, 751003, India
INR 17,90,000 Annually
UG and PG Courses of Medical and Dental Science
Private Deemed University
Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar Gallery
About : IMS and SUM
The motto of IMS and SUM Hospital is “imparting quality medical education”. Type of IMS and SUM Hospital is a private medical college with Deemed to be University status. This medical college was established in 2007. Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan is the parent organization of IMS and SUM Hospital. And Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan has the status of a deemed university. Around 750 students are studying in this college including interns. University campus is urban of the college and affiliation of third medical university done through the Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan and MCI.
Institute of Medical Sciences Bhubaneswar MBBS Admission
Getting admission to a deemed to be university is such an amazing thing for the medical course aspirants. If you are also thinking to get admission to this college, then you must know about the things related to the MBBS admission procedure. This time you can also know more about the things related to the MBBS admission procedure. NEET UG is the medical entrance test in which students need to appear to get admission to this deemed university.
Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital MBBS Counselling Things to Know
- As we know, the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital is a Deemed University and that’s why counselling procedure has been done according to the MCI guidelines.
- Once the NEET Results are declared students need to fill out the NEET Counselling form for admission to deemed college at the MCI Website.
- You need to pay the counselling fee and during the locking and choice filling process you need to add the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital College Name in the first preference.
- There are total 4 rounds of counselling in general and if your name is given in any of those 4 rounds, then you need to submit your documents and MBBS admission fee to the college.
- Students can also use the NEET Rank Predictor to know about the estimated rank and they can check the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital Closing Rank of the previous year.
Documents Required For INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES AND SUM HOSPITAL MBBS Admission
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Eight passport size photographs
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- NEET Application Form
Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar Admit Cards
Admit Cards of the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar for both UG and PG Courses are listed on the official website of the university and you need to log in at the official portal of the medical college to view this information. However, most of the medical colleges also gave admit cards to students with the offline process and you can receive the admit card through the university campus.
MBBS Internship Stages to Know in INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES AND SUM HOSPITAL
IMS & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar Results
Are you thinking to check the online results of IMS & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar? You need to know about the procedure of results publishing first of the university because some universities have the provision of offline results publishing on the campus dashboard. On the other hand, if this university has the tab of results on the official website, then you can also view the results directly from the website of the medical college.
Why Choose IMS & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar for UG and PG Medical Courses?
- Looking to study in the prestigious deemed to be university means you can choose this university for admission in the medical courses.
- Status of deemed college is the indication of excellent medical education and training.
- Infrastructure of IMS & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar, is very impressive and all state-of-the-art facilities are available in this college. From the hostel to the library and using information technology for the study methods are part of this university facilities.
- College campus is very wide and if you wish to study in one of the massive medical colleges of India, then you can also choose this university for your study goals.
- Faculty and Staff of the Institute of Medical Sciences Bhubaneswar are highly qualified and experienced and that’s why medical students get excellent training from this university.
MBBS in India
Most of the medical aspirants have the dream to pursue MBBS in India because it is the most demanding medical course for the students after 10+2 in the science stream. When you are also thinking to consider this course, then checking the complete course details, eligibility criteria, admission procedure, and fees is also an important thing for the students. NTA NEET is the single entrance test in our country for MBBS admission in both private and government colleges.
Reputation and Ranking of IMS AND SUM HOSPITAL
Facilities of IMS AND SUM HOSPITAL
UG Course & Intake Capacity
On the other hand, exploring the information of IMS & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar MBBS Intake Capacity is also an important thing for the students to know about the total seats of the medical college. The intake capacity of this university is 150.
PG Course & Intake Capacity
|Course Name||Annual Intake (Seats)|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||9|
|MD – Psychiatry||3|
|MS – Orthopaedics||9|
|MS – ENT||3|
|MD – Paediatrics||9|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||7|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||4|
|MD – General Medicine||15|
|MD – Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||2|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||3|
|MS – General Surgery||13|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||12|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||2|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||2|
|MD – Pathology||6|
|MD – Physiology||2|
|MD – Microbiology||3|
|MD – Pharmacology||2|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||2|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||2|
|MD – Emergency Medicine||1|
|DM – Neonatology||2|
|DM – Rheumatology/Clinical Immunology & Rheumatology||2|
|DM – Nephrology||2|
|DM – Clinical Haematology||2|
|M.Ch – Surgical Gastroenterology/G.I. Surgery||2|
|M.Ch – Surgical Oncology||2|
|M.Ch – Plastic Surgery/Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery||2|
|M.Ch – Neuro Surgery||2|
|DM – Cardiology||2|
|DM – Oncology||4|
|DM – Neurology||3|
|DM – Critical Care Medicine||2|
|DM – Endocrinology||2|
|DM – Medical Gastroenterology||4|
|M.Ch – Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery||2|
MBBS Fees in IMS & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar
When it comes to know about the annual fee structure in IMS & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar, then we can say that the annual IMS & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar MBBS fees are 17,90,000. Students need to submit a first-year fee at the time of admission to the college. MBBS Deemed University Fee Structure is different from the private and government colleges in India.
Monthly Hostel Due in IMS & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar
Hostel fee is also an expense for the students that they need to pay on the monthly basis. The monthly hostel due in this college is INR 4000 per month. For more updated hostel charges and pricing, students can also visit the official site of the university.
MBBS Syllabus in INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES AND SUM HOSPITAL
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Clinical postings inwards
- OPDs to begin here
- Community Medicine
- Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)
- Obst. Gynae
- Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology, E.N.T. Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics)
MBBS UG Cut Off 2021
Round 1, 2 & MopUp
|Category||R1(Opening - Closing)||R2(Opening - Closing)||MopUp(Opening - Closing)|
41302 - 737365
29669 - 774216
35488 - 117530
244851 - 812661
NEET PG Cut Off 2021
Round 1, 2 & MopUp
The Bottom Line
At last, we can say that the Institute of Medical Sciences Bhubaneswar is the finest choice for the students to start higher medical education in the top medical colleges of the country.
It’s all about the Institute of Medical Sciences Bhubaneswar Courses Overview, Fee structure, admission details, entrance, documents, and more other things. We hope this article is helpful for you and you understand about the fact of this university admission. Deemed University Meaning is also such a questionable thing for the students because many students don’t know about the meaning of the deemed status university. By reading this review, you can judge better about this university and “why you choose this college” for the education of the medical course.