Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences Dehradun is a prestigious private medical college and a professional institution in Uttarakhand. The college was established in the year 1996 and is known as HIMS, Dehradun.
The college is affiliated with the Swami Rama Himalayan University and is Approved by the NATIONAL MEDICAL COMMISSION (NMC) and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences is located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. This college has a dedicated team of faculty members in each department. The hospital is of 750 beds, with infrastructure, state-of-the-art equipment, and a team of highly experienced, skilled, qualified, and motivated technical manpower.
- 1 Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences Dehradun
- 2 Courses Offered @ Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences Dehradun
- 3 Admission Procedure
- 4 MBBS Entrance
- 5 Faculty & Staff
- 6 Fees Structure
- 7 Cutoff and Percentile Marks For NEET 2020
- 8 Scholarship
- 9 Facility
- 10 Department
- 11 Facilities
- 12 Ranking and Reputation
- 13 Contact Details
Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences Dehradun
|Name of Institute||Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences Dehradun|
|Popular Name||HIMS, Dehradun|
|Affiliated to||Swami Rama Himalayan University|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MD, MS|
Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences Dehradun has a wide range of courses from which students can choose. The mission of this medical college is to take care of the health of every person while committing to achieve and maintain excellence.
Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences Dehradun is evolving towards a global knowledge center for medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, paramedical sciences, etc.
We will give you detailed information about the Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences Dehradun fee structure, course offer, admission process, placement status, cut-off, facilities available, and college review.
Courses Offered @ Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences Dehradun
Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences Dehradun has highly qualified faculty, and a quality medical program is provided under the supervision of the state of the infrastructure. This college is famous in its state for its graduate medical programs and postgraduate medical programs (MBBS, MD / MS). HIMS, Dehradun offers the following undergraduate programs and postgraduate programs based on duration and intake capacity.
HIMS, Dehradun provides the best education and offers the following
|MBBS||150||4.6 years+1 Year Internship|
HIMS, Dehradun provides quality education and offers the following MD/MS course with a duration of 3 years.
- To take admission in UG, candidates can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- To get admission in MD/MS, candidates can apply to the college through their NEET MD/MS Medical Scorecard.
- Candidates desirous of admission are required to fulfill all the required eligibility criteria under the admission guidelines
- For MD/MS courses – As per the NMC requirement, medical aspirants must have qualified the MBBS degree from an NMC recognized college and have completed 1 year of the internship.
- For MBBS courses – Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years before 31st December of the admission year.
Candidates must have passed class XII/higher secondary/ per university Qualifying examination with Science subject i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Zoology /Botany. They also must have studied English as the main Subject for their qualifying examination.
- Moreover, candidates also need to fulfill the age limit criteria i.e they must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission.
- There are additional eligibility condition as mentioned by the regulatory authorities for MBBS i.e NATIONAL MEDICAL COMMISSION ( NMC)
- Aspirants must have an MBBS degree from a Medical College recognized by the NATIONAL MEDICAL COMMISSION (NMC) and completed 1 year of internship.
- For admission to MBBS courses in India, a student needs to appear for the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test ( NEET). This is the only entrance test for admission to MBBS Courses and is accepted by both government and private Institutions.
- Two other major entrance tests for admission to MBBS courses in India were JIPMER MBBS Exam and AIIMS MBBS Exam. However, these examinations were scrapped in 2019 making NEET the most important medical entrance test in India.
Faculty & Staff
One of the best faculties available for medical candidates. HIMS, Dehradun offers a good proportion of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all modern technology. Our teaching faculty are highly qualified and experienced and will provide immense guidance to medical students. All professors, associate professors, lecturers are available on campus.
The fee structure of the HIMS, Dehradun for the undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses is mentioned below.
|Courses||Fees (Per Year)|
|For Permanent Residents of Uttarakhand Candidates 40 % Seats||13,32,00/-|
|For Other Candidates 60% Seats||18,00,000/-|
|Course Name||Fees (Rs)|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||14,00,000/-|
|MS – General Surgery||20,00,000/-|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||22,00,000/-|
|MS – Orthopaedics||25,00,000/-|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3,00,000/-|
|MD – Pathology||10,00,000/-|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||4,00,000/-|
|MD – General Medicine||22,00,000/-|
|MD – Microbiology||4,00,000/-|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||25,00,000/-|
|MD – Paediatrics||22,00,000/-|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||22,00,000/-|
|MD – Physiology||3,00,000/-|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||25,00,000/-|
|Hostel Fee Without AC/ AC Room:||Rs 1,25,000/- & 1,75,000/-|
Cutoff and Percentile Marks For NEET 2020
|Category||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Score||No. of Candidates|
|UR/ EWS||50th Percentile||720-147||682406|
NEET Cutoff 2020
|Category||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Score||No. of Candidates|
|UR/ EWS- PH||50th Percentile||146-129||99|
The scholarship recognizes the merit and talent of the students. Students can apply for the scholarship at the beginning of the academic year itself. The college offers scholarships to deserving candidates under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarship.
- Merit cum means that students are also awarded college-based scholarships for deserving students.
- Students belonging to economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (* depends on college administration).
- Merit and National Scholarship for Talented Students under Central and State Government.
- Playgrounds and games played
- Indoor complex
- Gymnasium facilities and arrangements
- Outdoor complex
- The arrangement of the Sports Officer and Physical instructor
|ANATOMY||COMMUNITY MEDICINE||GENERAL SURGERY|
|PHARMACOLOGY||TUBERCULOSIS AND RESPIRATORY DISEASES||OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY|
|Academic Facility||Clinical Facility|
|Ragging & Tobacco-Free Campus||Wi-Fi|
Ranking and Reputation
|Address:||Swami Ram Nagar, PO Doiwala, Dehradun, Uttarakhand|
If you have any queries regarding admission to the HIMS Dehradun, Uttarakhand Leave your comment below.