Balasore Medical College is the topmost medical college in Odisha and came under the government medical college of the state. The college is located in Balasore Odisha.
The full name of the medical college is Government Medical College & Hospital Balasore. However, now the college has been renamed Fakir Mohan Medical College & Hospital.
MBBS Intake capacity of the medical college is 100 seats every year for the MBBS admission purpose.
The college is approved by National Medical Commission and affiliated with Fakir Mohan University, Balasore. The college was established in 2021.
Check the Balasore Medical College, GMC Balasore Courses, Fee, Cutoff, Admission, Counselling, Eligibility, Facilities, and Ranking.
|Name of College||Government Medical College & Hospital (Renamed as Fakir Mohan Medical College & Hospital), Balasore|
|Popular Name||GMC Hospital Balasore|
|Category||Government Medical College in Odisha|
|Entrance Required||NEET UG|
|Approval||National Medical Commission|
|MBBS Intake Capacity||100|
|Affiliated University||Fakir Mohan University, Balasore|
|MBBS Counselling Conducting Authority||Directorate of Medical Education and Training, Bhubaneswar|
Affiliation, Approval & Ranking
- Affiliated With: Fakir Mohan University, Balasore
- Approved By: National Medical Commission
Balasore Medical College fee structure for the UG and PG courses are given in this section. Firstly, you have to know about the fact that this college is offering only an MBBS course right now. There are no PG medical courses available in this college. MBBS course fee in Balasore Medical College is quite an affordable thing for the candidates because it is a government medical college in Odisha.
UG Course & Intake Capacity
Complete the registration for the course entrance test for which you want to apply in Fakir Mohan Medical College & Hospital Balasore.
Pay the registration fee and print the registration form for future reference. The next thing that you need to know is the qualified course-associated entrance test. For example, if you want to apply for an MBBS course, then you have to register and qualify NEET-UG examination.
Eligibility, Entrance & Academic Qualification
1. Fakir Mohan Medical College & Hospital Balasore courses eligibility is different for both UG and PG medical courses. MBBS course eligibility is NEET UG qualifying marks for the candidates. If you did not qualify for the NEET UG examination then you can’t appear in the MBBS admission counselling of the college.
2. On the other hand, candidates’ academic background also matters a lot, if they are thinking to apply for the admission to the MBBS course. You can check the below details to get the information on the college admission and academic qualification requirements in the MBBS course.
|Courses||Entrance Name||Academic Qualification|
Class 10+2 With Science Stream
50% Marks for General Category in 10+2
45% Marks for OBC Category in 10+2
40% Marks for SC Category in 10+2
- The Directorate of Medical Education and Training, Bhubaneswar is an official body that conducts Odisha MBBS Counselling every year on the basis of NEET Marks.
- Candidates who want to participate in Odisha NEET UG Counselling, are required to qualify NEET Exam according to the percentile, rank, and marks scored in the NEET Exam.
- Odisha NEET UG Exam Counselling conducts through the online mode. Directorate of Medical Education and Training, Bhubaneswar is responsible for counselling Odisha MBBS 85% seats under state quota and 100% seats in self-financing colleges in Odisha.
- Candidates who have names on Odisha NEET Merit List will be called by the authority.
Odisha MBBS Counselling Criteria
|Seat distribution||Counselling authority||Name of counselling|
|Seats under 15% All India Quota||MCC||NEET counselling|
|Seats in central/deemed universities||MCC||NEET counselling by MCC|
|Seats under 85% state quota||Directorate of Medical Education and Training, Bhubaneswar||MBBS counselling|
|All seats in private colleges||Directorate of Medical Education and Training, Bhubaneswar||NEET counselling|
Odisha MBBS Counselling Procedure
Firstly, visit the Odisha NEET Counselling Directorate of Medical Education and Training, Bhubaneswar official website such as https://ojee.nic.in/ . Candidates are required to browse the tab of Odisha NEET UG Counselling. Click on the registration link and add the details asked in the application form. Add your name and NEET exam details. Candidates are required to pay the Odisha Counselling Fee.
2). Odisha NEET Merit List
Wait for the Odisha Merit List. If your name came on the list, then download the call letter from the official site. Odisha NEET Merit List is prepared on the basis of NEET exam marks and rank.
3). Choice Filling & Submission
On the other hand, the next step is choice filling and submission. You have to fill in the name of colleges in the preference list. Fill in your choice and lock your choice.
4). Seat Allotment
Check the round 1 and round 2 counselling results and proceed for the step of seat allotment. If your name came in the first round of Odisha Counselling or the second round then submit your documents and fee at the college.
5). Reporting to College
If you are satisfied with the allotted college name from the first round and second round counselling result of Odisha then report to the college with a fee.
Documents Required For Fakir Mohan Medical College & Hospital Balasore MBBS Admission
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Eight passport size photographs
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- NEET Application Form
MBBS Internship Stages to Know in Government Medical College & Hospital Balasore
1). We are also going to add the information of Government Medical College & Hospital Balasore cutoff marks that you need to know. If you are thinking to check the cutoff marks of the college, then review the below table and understand the things that you always want to know about this college.
2). There are two rounds of Government Medical College & Hospital Balasore MBBS counselling and these rounds are round 1 and round 2. Cutoff marks are different in both round 1 and round 2. Therefore, if you are thinking to know more details about the college cut off marks, then know about the cutoff marks for the merit list.
Government Medical College and Hospital Balasore Cutoff
|Category||Round||2019 Cut-off by rank||2020 Cut-off by rank|
MBBS UG Cut Off 2021
Round 1, 2 & MopUp
|Category||ROUND 1||ROUND 2||MOPUP|
Reputation and Ranking of Government Medical College & Hospital Balasore
Government Medical College & Hospital Balasore ranking and reputation in terms of various factors are given this section. Therefore, you can determine more information from this tab. Firstly, you have to know about the fact that the infrastructure of the medical college has been popular for excellent medical education and training. This college has been popular in the overall state for all its modern facilities and friendly learning environment.
Facilities of Government Medical College & Hospital Balasore
- Facilities in Government Medical College & Hospital Balasore are modern because this medical college is known for the terms of excellent medical education and training.
- The library facility is available for both males and females in the college. Most of the meetings and annual programs are done in the auditorium of the college.
- Computer labs in the college are focusing on dynamic study methods. Therefore, most of the modern study equipment and tools are available in the medical college.
MBBS Syllabus in Government Medical College & Hospital Balasore
- Government Medical College & Hospital Balasore MBBS syllabus is mentioned in the above section. There are three primary stages of the MBBS course syllabus that you need to know.
- However, we also add the name of subjects covered in each phase of the MBBS course syllabus.
- MBBS course duration is 4.6 years but 1 year extra period is for the hospital internship or training.
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Clinical postings inwards
- OPDs to begin here
- Community Medicine
- Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)
- Obst. Gynae
- Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology, E.N.T. Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics)
The Bottom Line
Finally, we can say that these are the things you need to know about Government Medical College & Hospital Balasore. It is the leading and topmost government medical college in Odisha.
If you are thinking to get admission to the college then you must know about the review and fee structure of the college.
The college has been popular for excellent medical education and training purposes. These are the things that you must keep in your mind about this college.