Balangir Medical College is a leading government medical college in Odisha and the total MBBS seats in the college are 100. This college has been approved by National Medical Commission and is affiliated with Sambalpur University.
The college was established in 2018 and right now only an MBBS course is available in the college. If you are thinking to participate in the MD and MS courses counselling then we can say that these courses are not available in the college.
Determine the facts related to Balangir Medical College courses, fee, cutoff, eligibility, admission process, counselling stages, ranking and facilities from this article.
- 1 Key Highlights of Balangir Medical College
- 2 Courses & Fee Structure
- 3 Admission Procedure
- 4 Cutoff
- 5 Reputation and Ranking of Government Medical College & Hospital Balangir
- 6 Facilities of Renamed as Bhima Bhoi Medical College & Hospital
- 7 MBBS Syllabus in SCB Medical College & Hospital
- 8 The Bottom Line
- 9 Contact Information
Key Highlights of Balangir Medical College
|Name of College||Government Medical College & Hospital (Renamed as Bhima Bhoi Medical College & Hospital), Balangir|
|Popular Name||GMC Balangir|
|Category||Government Medical College in Odisha|
|Entrance Required||NEET UG|
|Approval||National Medical Commission|
|MBBS Intake Capacity||100|
|Affiliated University||Sambalpur University|
|MBBS Counselling Conducting Authority||Directorate of Medical Education and Training, Bhubaneswar|
Affiliation, Approval & Ranking
- Affiliated With: Sambalpur University
- Approved By: National Medical Commission
MCI Status & Recognition
Permitted for 100 seats for renewal of permission u/s 10(A) for 2020-21.
Courses & Fee Structure
Balangir Medical College course and fee structure are the most important aspects for the candidates that need to check. If you are thinking to know more about the admission courses and fee details. As a matter of fact, MBBS is the single course in the college and here are the fee details of the course in the college.
UG Course & Intake Capacity
Complete the registration for the course entrance test for which you want to apply to Balangir Medical College.
Pay the registration fee and print the registration form for future reference. The next thing that you need to know is the qualified course-associated entrance test. For example, if you want to apply for an MBBS course, then you have to register and qualify NEET-UG examination.
Eligibility, Entrance & Academic Qualification
1). Balangir Medical College courses eligibility criteria are mentioned in the above table. Therefore, if you are thinking to determine the college admission criteria for the MBBS course, then review this eligibility table.
2). MBBS course is the only UG medical degree course in the college. On the other hand, if you are thinking to get admission in this course, then you must score according to the NEET UG merit list.
|Courses||Entrance Name||Academic Qualification|
Class 10+2 With Science Stream
50% Marks for General Category in 10+2
45% Marks for OBC Category in 10+2
40% Marks for SC Category in 10+2
MD, MS & PG Diploma Courses
MBBS from a Recognized University from MCI
50% Marks in MBBS
- The Directorate of Medical Education and Training, Bhubaneswar is an official body that conducts Odisha MBBS Counselling every year on the basis of NEET Marks.
- Candidates who want to participate in Odisha NEET UG Counselling, are required to qualify NEET Exam according to the percentile, rank, and marks scored in the NEET Exam.
- Odisha NEET UG Exam Counselling conducts through the online mode. Directorate of Medical Education and Training, Bhubaneswar is responsible for counselling Odisha MBBS 85% seats under state quota and 100% seats in self-financing colleges in Odisha.
- Candidates who have names on Odisha NEET Merit List will be called by the authority.
Odisha MBBS Counselling Criteria
|Seat distribution||Counselling authority||Name of counselling|
|Seats under 15% All India Quota||MCC||NEET counselling|
|Seats in central/deemed universities||MCC||NEET counselling by MCC|
|Seats under 85% state quota||Directorate of Medical Education and Training, Bhubaneswar||MBBS counselling|
|All seats in private colleges||Directorate of Medical Education and Training, Bhubaneswar||NEET counselling|
Odisha MBBS Counselling Procedure
Firstly, visit the Odisha NEET Counselling Directorate of Medical Education and Training, Bhubaneswar official website such as https://ojee.nic.in/ . Candidates are required to browse the tab of Odisha NEET UG Counselling. Click on the registration link and add the details asked in the application form. Add your name and NEET exam details. Candidates are required to pay the Odisha Counselling Fee.
2). Odisha NEET Merit List
Wait for the Odisha Merit List. If your name came on the list, then download the call letter from the official site. Odisha NEET Merit List is prepared on the basis of NEET exam marks and rank.
3). Choice Filling & Submission
On the other hand, the next step is choice filling and submission. You have to fill in the name of colleges in the preference list. Fill in your choice and lock your choice.
4). Seat Allotment
Check the round 1 and round 2 counselling results and proceed for the step of seat allotment. If your name came in the first round of Odisha Counselling or the second round then submit your documents and fee at the college.
5). Reporting to College
If you are satisfied with the allotted college name from the first round and second round counselling result of Odisha then report to the college with a fee.
Documents Required For Balangir Medical College MBBS Admission
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Eight passport size photographs
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- NEET Application Form
MBBS Internship Stages to Know in Balangir Medical College
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Government Medical College & Hospital Balangir Cutoff marks for the reserved category and general category both are different. You can find the cutoff marks required for the admission purpose in your category from the above table.
You can find more information about the college cutoff marks. MBBS cutoff marks for government medical college in Odisha is quite high for the candidates in comparison to the private medical colleges.
Government Medical College and Hospital Balangir Cutoff
|Category||Round||2019 Cutoff by rank||2020 Cutoff by rank|
MBBS UG Cut Off 2021
Round 1, 2 & MopUp
|Category||ROUND 1||ROUND 2||MOPUP|
NEET PG Cut Off 2021
Round 1, 2 & MopUp
29951 - 29951(UR) 41004 - 41004(EWS)
DIPLOMA Family Medicine
38671 - 38671(OBC) 56296 - 56296(SC)
48965 - 48965(OBC)
64302 - 64302(ST)
98511 - 98511(ST)
10800 - 10800(UR)
16259 - 16259(UR)
31945 - 31945(UR)
37648 - 37648(UR)
Reputation and Ranking of Government Medical College & Hospital Balangir
1.Government Medical College & Hospital Balangir’s ranking and reputation clear the doubt about the college infrastructure that you need to know. Firstly, you have to know about the fact that college education quality is very good.
2. When we talk about the infrastructure of the medical college then we can say that college infrastructure is cutting-edge and have all modern facilities for candidates’ study goals.
2. One more plus point for the candidates about Government Medical College & Hospital Balangir is experienced, faculty. With this, you can understand the college’s dynamic facilities.
Facilities of Renamed as Bhima Bhoi Medical College & Hospital
- Renamed Bhima Bhoi Medical College & Hospital facilities are a major part of the college review. It is a government medical college in Odisha but the facilities are modern of the college.
- Modern library design and architecture along with a large number of books are available in the medical college.
- A hostel facility is accessible in the medical college for both males and females. Both boys and girls building blocks are separate.
MBBS Syllabus in SCB Medical College & Hospital
1). Renamed Bhima Bhoi Medical College & Hospital MBBS Syllabus is an important part of the complete review of the medical college. To clear doubt from the mind of students, we mention the phase during the MBBS syllabus and the subjects covered during the course.
2). Pre-clinical is the first stage of the MBBS course. Therefore, if you are thinking that stages and subjects are limited to the course, then you are wrong because during the classroom training program you have to learn lots of things.
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Clinical postings inwards
- OPDs to begin here
- Community Medicine
- Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)
- Obst. Gynae
- Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology, E.N.T. Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics)
The Bottom Line
These are the things which are crucial to know about Balangir Medical College. Therefore, if you have any doubt about this medical college, then you can also visit the official website of Balangir Medical College.
On the official website of Balangir Medical College, you can explore the detailed information and review the medical college that you are looking for. It is the leading and top government medical school in Odisha. Most of the candidates from Odisha are thinking of enrolling for the state government medical college admission.